Odan Laboratories Research and Development team is currently searching for Analytical Chemist(s) with Topical Semi-Solid and Liquid products testing experience, to assist with testing and development of new products in accordance with GMP/GLP and Odan procedures. These position(s) are on contract/full-time basis.
The Analytical Chemist(s) are responsible to develop and validate methods for new products. They are expected to generate accurate results following GMP by analyzing dosage and/or raw material samples, process validation and optimization samples, using various chemical and instrumental techniques, in accordance with established compendial and in-house testing methods with minimum supervision.
- Develop and validate analytical test methods following cGMP guidance documents of different regulatory agencies.
- Perform analysis of raw material, in-process, finished products and stability samples using analytical instruments and established analytical procedures and techniques.
- Compiles all data obtained from testing and observations and completes report summaries, as per established SOPs.
- Recognizes OOS or out of trend results and under the direction of the Supervisor assists in the completion of lab investigations.
- Performs calibration of laboratory equipment as required by the department's established calibration program and GMP requirements.
- Work as an effective team member to meet departmental and corporate goals, sharing knowledge with team members and across organization.
- Maintains compliance to all health and safety standards, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices and regulatory requirements.
- Provides technical troubleshooting support or training to other team members where appropriate.
- Disposes of waste solvents and orders any chemicals or laboratory supplies as required.
- Reviewing analytical documentation and testing data for analysis performed by other chemists.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned by the supervisor and manager.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Able to troubleshoot analytical methods and laboratory instrumentation.
- Knowledge of cGMP/GLP, USP, FDA and OHSA Guidelines applicable to laboratory and product development.
- Good theoretical understanding of FT-IR, titration, UV and chromatography (TLC, HPLC, GC), spectrometry, particle sizing and other analytical tools to support product development and testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Proven organization and time management skills as demonstrated through previous work and/or educational experience.
- Review of drug master files of actives, inactive sand packaging components.
- Calibrates lab equipment such as balance, disintegration, FT-IR, Karl Fischer titrator, pH meter and UV according to established calibration program and GMP requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a fast-paced development and cross-functional team.
- Ph. D/ M.Sc. from a recognized educational institution in Chemistry or a related field; relevant experience in the analysis of topical and liquid semi-solid pharmaceutical products
Odan Laboratories is a company focused on innovation and team spirit where employees have the opportunity for advancement. If you are someone ambitious, hardworking and persevering, we encourage you to join our team.
We give 2 weeks of paid vacation per year.
Company address and location of work:
325 Stillview Avenue
Pointe Claire, Quebec
Please send applications with “Analytical Chemist” in the e-mail subject.