Senior Payroll Specialist
Full time position
Salary: $50,000 to $60,000
Location: Toronto/Etobicoke, Ontario (M9W 5X2)
The Sr. Payroll Specialist is responsible for guidance, customer service support and assistance in payroll process. This position will work closely alongside the Payroll Manager for support purposes and will have a focus on U.S. payroll procedures and other ongoing assignments in the Payroll Department.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Control and execute the payroll cycle for our employees in Canada and the U.S. (hourly& salaried).
- Prepare all certified payroll reports according to proper regulations.
- Process special payments in accordance with various authorized requests, collective agreements, etc.
- Solve payroll management related problems with third party provider.
- Maintain payroll system for ongoing functionality and enhancements – ‘super user’ of system.
- Provide support to the entire payroll team on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for assisting with supervision and development of all employees in the department.
- Coordinate Year-End activities.
- Assist Human Resources and Finance departments as necessary.
- Reconciliations as required by Finance department.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience with Canadian payroll (prior experience with multiple provinces preferred.)
- Has/is working towards CPM Designation with Canadian Payroll Association or equivalent.
- Mandatory knowledge of and experience with U.S. payroll, benefits and related legislation.
- Experience with payroll in unionized environments is a must.
- Post secondary diploma in accounting, business, H.R. or equivalent.
- Experience managing or leading a team of employees is required.
- Strong knowledge of Ceridian payroll systems, audits, income tax forms, health benefits programs, retirement benefits, etc.
Please submit your resume and please quote the job title in the subject line of your application.