System Support Analyst (IT)
Hudson Technology – Toronto, ON
About Hudson Technology
Hudson Technology is a Canadian, privately held, managed services provider based in Toronto, Ontario. Our excellent industry reputation is reflective of our talented team of consultants and technicians who tirelessly support our clients and their objectives. The satisfaction of our customers and our high volume of repeat business are evidence of the quality of our custom-tailored solutions.
Hudson Technology has a dynamic group of people, driven to success, professional and personal growth. Hudson Technology builds upon its success by putting the customer at the centre of everything that we do. We're looking for a dedicated, hardworking individual who will be consistent with our customer first approach and help build our sales and further grow through new business development.
To be a success in our company you need to be committed to putting the customer first!
The incumbent will be responsible for providing system support, 1st level services and support of laptops, PC’s, Windows Servers, printers, peripherals, software as well as centric application support. Working closely with 2nd level support staff, key responsibilities will be incident resolution for issues related to laptops, Blackberries/cellular devices, workstations, managing requests and trouble tickets issues from the open state to the closure process. A key initiative is to ensure that service levels are met when responding to and resolving assigned calls. The role will require coordination and communication between clients, 2nd level IT support, as well as 3rd party vendors if necessary.
- Provide critical system support and first line support.
- Provide escalation for all calls to their respective support via call ticketing system and phone.
- Provide initial incident call logging and any necessary follow up with customers via telephone, email and/or walkup.
- Provide immediate first line support on user based applications and software including, Microsoft Office Suites, Exchange mail, AD, and TS & Windows Servers.
- Support mobile phones including Blackberry, iPhone and Android.
- Required to log all service and problem requests in the call logging system.
- Required to perform a range of general duties in the technical area as required from time to time, such as system updates, maintain and upgrade GPO.
- Adheres to and effectively communicate established process & procedures to clients when necessary.
- Required to work after hours when necessary to address issues, problems, or projects. May be required to be on call, work rotating shifts and work overtime when necessary.
- Required to document technical information, notes, user guides for internal or customer.
- Provides continuing research and training on technologies and applications to maintain a skill level that matches the evolution of technologies related to perform these duties and keeping applications technically current.
- Attend IT related meetings to understand user needs and all departmental.
- Deliver cross training to other technical staff when required.
- Familiar with basic client systems including, AD 2003/2008, DNS/DHCP, Exchange 2003/2007/2010, Windows Server 2003/2008, Terminal Server, GPO, and wireless/wired routers * VMWare ESX Experience, including administration and troubleshooting knowledge
1. Well-developed problem-solving skills in order to identify problems, determine possible solutions and select the appropriate action.
2. Able to cope under high pressure and constant changes in priorities.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills, strong command of the English language and proven ability to work well with users.
4. Strong critical thinking, analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
5. Min 5 yrs. experience working with end clients, servers and strong soft skills
6. Experience in deploying, supporting and administering NAS and SAV devices
7. Ability to deploy and troubleshoot switching equipment including routing layer 3 issues
8. Experience working with Disaster Recovery solutions
9. Experience with a variety of firewalls (ie. Cisco, Sonicwall, Sophos and Watch Guard etc.)
IDEAL (Additional) QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Three year diploma/degree or equivalent in Information Technology/Client Services.
2. A+ Certification – recommended.
3. ITIL v3 and MCP certification an asset.
Thank you for your interest in Hudson Technology, however we will only consider applicants that possess all MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.