Hudson Group

Hudson Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a good customer service and good place inside the MIA AIRPORT
"Sales Associate " (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2014
IS A FUN DAY AND ENJOY KNOW PEAPOLE DIFERENT CULTURE AND LENGUAGE
EXELENT CUSTOMER SERVICE
GOOD SUPERVISORS And managers
co workwrs very kind and friendly
the secret shopers is the must hard to pass
meet pepole from another country and many artist
Would not recommend
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: 99.9% of the customers coming through our stores were wonderful people to talk to
Cons: management
I was hired on as an outside hire for a Supervisor for the retail stores inside Houston's Hobby Airport. The GM and few people from corporate I met seemed to care about the employees, but 2 of the 5 Assistant Managers as well as the Human Resources manager seemed to have it out for every employee, supervisors included, no matter how hard we'd work. – more... Pay could have been better, especially for associates. – less
More corruption in middle management
Bookstore & Papyrus Store Manager (Newark Airport) (Former Employee), Newark, NJApril 7, 2014
Pros: books
Cons: everything but books
Working for bookstores is a personal passion of mine. But working for this company was demoralizing. I had a general manager who was letting other managers and supervisors get away with things that should have landed them on the unemployment line - if not in jail. I could not work for that company again if you paid me my weight in gold per hour. I had – more... a regional manager who was awesome, but she was not my direct supervisor and was rarely around.

I started off with a staff of about 20 employees - which dwindled down to about 10 for two stores over a about two months. Pretty much all of us were aware of the happenings outside of our stores by the time we were at our smallest... and we wanted nothing to do with any of it. So, we kept to ourselves... ran our stores and did our jobs. But even then, the general manager would try to force me to loan out my employees (into the arms of these corrupt supervisors), or swap them with non English speaking employees from other stores - and a customer service based business requires the ability to communicate with the customer - so, I always said NO!!! In the other locations, customers asked very little - because it was mainly a self help set up. But they wanted what they wanted... and eventually, my staff of 10 became a staff of about 5.

By the time I departed, no employee in either of my stores was willing to do anything other than the bare minimum because all they could see was everything that those people who were in charge of overseeing all of the stores was letting slide. Nothing good or great was ever rewarded... and more energy was spent on covering up the corrupting factors than anything else. Being outspoken, as I was and am, was not something that they were thrilled about. But I will always stand on my morals - even if those around me will not.

I honestly have nothing positive to say about this company... and that saddens me, because as I said... a bookstore is my personal passion. – less
Good job just never felt like i belonged in that type of field.
Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas Love Field AirportMarch 26, 2014
Job was great to work for but not for someone who's young like me although i managed to stay on for an entire year the job took a lot out of me mental wise.
Location, Location
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New YorkMarch 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits, something new everyday
Cons: very large company, no consistency, tough hours
The culture and work environment depends mostly on what location you are working at. Some excellent, some poor. Hard work, but some real nice people both coworkers and customers. Not very good
retention always teaching someone new. Not much flexibility in work schedule, very early or very late hours, and pay is pretty low for work required.
People I – more... worked with made it fun, last GM very good boss. – less
Self Employed-Motivated
Owner/Manager (Current Employee), MassachusettesMarch 19, 2014
Pros: communication, relationship building
I enjoy new experiences daily.
Develop new relationships daily
I enjoy being a self starter which helps me remain motivated
Sky is the limit for salary and business development
Nice Environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 11, 2014
it's a nice company, but u get moved a lot to different work locations.
Don't work here
Operation supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 6, 2014
Cons: low wages, managers treat you bad, no hours for a full time possition hostile place to work
This is the worst place i have ever work. Poor management, they treat employees very bad. Hostile work environment. I do not recommend this place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2014
Early morning shift, always willing to teach new thing. Management is friendly and willing to work a around your schedule. There is no hard part of the job everything is simple and fun.
Productive and Serious work environment
Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: very flexable hours that i can balance my work and life
I grow with this company and i am appreciating the management that I have learned many things from them and through them.

I am working with diverse people and I love my co – workers.

I don’t have anything to point the hardest part of my job, probably dealing with vendors who are not willing give credits for return products.
Decent Place
Airport warehouse delivery (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Great experience, and learning curve from this job,but its exactly what it is a job, o room for advancement.
Gm doesn't know how to treat employees
Cashier(Rdu) (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2014
Responsibilities:cashier
management is absolutely horrible. He doesn't know how to talk to people,he is disrespectful. The pay sucks and there isn't much advancement opportunity.always cutting hours. Manager always forgets to pay your sick time and holidays. And try to act stupid about it.all the employees are scare to talk to upper management because – more... they are afraid to loose there job. – less
Productive workplace
General Manager (Current Employee), South Burlington, VTJanuary 6, 2014
Help me grow on my management nd leadership skills. The team behind the locations have strong work ethic and well team relationship.
fun to work with Managers
Food and Beverages Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 7, 2013
Pros: work 40 hours a week
Cons: to be on the job at 3.30 am
Excellent people to work with.
Objectives are made very clear, with set dead lines.
Fast pace industry
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2013
Pros: nice colleagues
Cons: low pay
typical cashier at the airport. my coworkers were nice. the hardest part was things were very expensive and most customers complained.
Getting an experience as a leader is great !
Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2013
Working at the airport will be a very good thing that ever especially been a supervisor, I get a lot of information and the most fun interacting with strangers/travelers as we had met before. I was in charge of the stores, and associates making sure customers the best service they could.
I like the safety/security in place the management , coworkers – more... and travelers all good people .Cant forget the fun job at the airport ! – less
comfortable working invironment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 13, 2013
it was really nice working there, within six months i got two bonuses.
Good place to start training in entry level job
Architect Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: seasonal job
Great place to start taining in a fast paced environment. The cons was that my job was seasonal, they have a great management.
Customer Service
Shift Leader/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 25, 2013
It was located in the Jackson Airport. The experience was great, I got to interact with customers which wasn't bad at all. I really enjoyed working there.
Not a bad company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: never a dull day
Cons: excessive turnover
Long days working in an international airport. I learned a bit about merchandizing but that was all. Management was professional and competent but there was also astronomical employee turnover. I left because the company lost the contract and they were in limbo about job security. Coworkers were pleasant and fun. The hardest part of the job was having – more... to depend on some unreliable staff members who might not show up for work. The most enjoyable part was seeing the day run smoothly when it did – less

About Hudson Group

Hudson Group doesn't care if you're traveling to Pasadena, California, or Poughkeepsie, New York, as long as you stop over in – Read more