Hudson Group

Hudson Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2013
Pros: nice colleagues
Cons: low pay
typical cashier at the airport. my coworkers were nice. the hardest part was things were very expensive and most customers complained.
Getting an experience as a leader is great !
Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 1, 2013
Working at the airport will be a very good thing that ever especially been a supervisor, I get a lot of information and the most fun interacting with strangers/travelers as we had met before. I was in charge of the stores, and associates making sure customers the best service they could.
I like the safety/security in place the management , coworkers – more... and travelers all good people .Cant forget the fun job at the airport ! – less
comfortable working invironment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 13, 2013
it was really nice working there, within six months i got two bonuses.
Good place to start training in entry level job
Architect Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: great management
Cons: seasonal job
Great place to start taining in a fast paced environment. The cons was that my job was seasonal, they have a great management.
Customer Service
Shift Leader/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 25, 2013
It was located in the Jackson Airport. The experience was great, I got to interact with customers which wasn't bad at all. I really enjoyed working there.
Not a bad company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: never a dull day
Cons: excessive turnover
Long days working in an international airport. I learned a bit about merchandizing but that was all. Management was professional and competent but there was also astronomical employee turnover. I left because the company lost the contract and they were in limbo about job security. Coworkers were pleasant and fun. The hardest part of the job was having – more... to depend on some unreliable staff members who might not show up for work. The most enjoyable part was seeing the day run smoothly when it did – less
Productive Work Place
Dunkin Donuts Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: flexible scheduele
Cons: short breaks located in the airport.
A typical work day was from 1pm until about 8pm. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find what they need.
work was interesting
Sales rep (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 5, 2013
work had its moment it could be very slow then very very busy always meeting new people making new friends
My Co-wokers
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJAugust 31, 2013
My Co-worker are great. Willing to lend a hand if need,teach new techniques and more effective way of completing are task. Will to help with projects. And stepping up to the plate.
fun environment, multicultral staff, encourage creativity
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2013
Pros: health benefits
Cons: as a member of management, i have to work 6 days at minimum 10hrs per day every other week, 5 days at minimum 10hrs per day every other week. (6, 5 schedule)
I am a member of the management team so my typical day at work is making sure everything is running smoothly, which at the airport is a rare occurance. New issues arrive daily, one example is that the most popular magazine that we sell didn't get delivered that morning. We, management, have to make sure we have that the particular magazine gets delivered – more... that same day even if we have to go ourselves to pick it up so customers will not be disappointed.
I have been working in airport retail consistantly for seven years but 13 years total and I have to say that I have learned a lot and I continue to learn and enjoy the opportunity to do something new. I have learned things like troubleshooting, scheduling, forecasting, inventory, merchandising, visual displays and paying attention to the customers needs and requests just to name a few. My co-workers and my staff are energentic, fun and hard team players. It seems as if on a extremely busy day, everyone steps up and work even harder and they are helpful toward each other. I love the atmosphere my co-workers and I create on a daily basis. Sometimes when an associate calls out from work and/ or being short staffed is the hardest part of the job because I have to shuffle around other associates to make sure each store is staffed. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is a successful day, ie. no associate call outs, no customer complaints, all merchandise is delivered and customers enjoying their shopping in our stores. – less
great place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJJune 18, 2013
1. a typical day at work

Sofware testing and other productions is issues with retail merchandising software

2. what you learned:
project management and business analysis supporting proprietary software

3. management: nice people, very supportive

4. your co-workers: nice people: very supportive

5. the hardest part of the job: leaving people that – more... I enjoyed working with and getting to know

6. the most enjoyable part of the job: people I worked with . . . – less
Loving atmosphere
Retail Associate & Trainer (Former Employee), Chicago,IllinoisJune 8, 2013
Working at newsstand giving customers assistance when needed. How to help greet customers who where flying from all over. Management was great along with co-workers. Not being able to help with certain information. Seeing people travel.
Fast paced exciting work place.
Retail Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJune 6, 2013
Working for Hudson was very exciting because you were exposed to meet celebrities on a daily basis. I learned plenty of supervisor skills.
retailer
Cashier/Book keeper (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2013
 Assisted management with training new staff for customer service and cashier department
 Ensure accuracy of cash register balances
 Responsible for inventory replenishing
 Handle cash and credit card transactions deal with checking order and invoices of multiple merchandises
 Track inventory
Interesting place to work
Sales Associate - Tech on the Go (Current Employee), Lovefield AirportJune 2, 2013
Pros: work in an airport
Cons: drama
It is okay working there, if you like helping customers and meeting new people.
THE BEST CUSTMER SERVICE
Sales (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 25, 2013
I Start counting the register money, after chek the all the store tables to see wath merchandise es missing, fill up the tables, doing the best customer services , recibe the customer money and register the sales, help to my new co-workers teaching everything about the work The hardest part of the jobs have been The Company don'tgive us 8 hour to Work – more... only 32/34 hour at week. The most enjoyable part of the job The customer service I love too much the customer service – less
Horrible Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee), ChicagoMay 13, 2013
Cons: poor management, lack of communication, never know you're schedule, blatant favoritism, work you like you're a slave
A typical day at work starts at 330 am. You have to open all stores in your terminal with a lack of help usually. Managers are 9 times out of ten opening stores and ringing on the register. Also your shift does not end before 2pm. You are expected to do everything besides management work. You have to stock the stores, order the stores, clean the stores. – more... Everything we did was not management work. Its sad that a business is ran this way. Management is horrible from the Gm all the way up. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy. – less
this employer sucks
Supervisor (Former Employee), Pearl, MSMay 10, 2013
Pros: its at the airport and u see alot of celebrities
Cons: insurance sucks, management sucks, pay sucks
The management is absolutely horrible. She doesn't know how to talk to people, she is disrespectful. The pay sucks and there isn't much advancement opportunity.
This company is a joke
Supervisor (Former Employee), San Francisco AirportMay 7, 2013
Pros: 2nd job that doesnt require to use your brain
Cons: too much to list.
This company doesn't show any respect to their employees and managements treat them like slave. The only thing you will learn working at Hudson is to see who gossip the most..People come and go so much because Hudson mislead everyone about their workload...Coworkers there are good, but some need to shut their mouth more than others..

You will only – more... get promote if the management like you, otherwise, your hard work will only benefit their yearly bonus. The upper managements are bunch of clueless people who only care about their sale "number" and they think Hudson is some type of 5 stars retail store. I can't think of any enjoyable part of the job because there aren't any..Some of the supervisors there just try to boss around and kiss-rear when upper managements shows up and push the work to the next person coming in.

Hudson loves to cut hours and make people work 6 days a week...
I never work at any places which you do not get full 8hrs...

If you need a 2nd job just to pay your bills, this place is an ideal for it – less
Unique place to work.
Manager and Retail Associate (Former Employee), Sanford, FLApril 27, 2013
Very unique place to work at the Orlando-Sanford Airport. I had the opportunity to work in an environment that allowed me to service a range of people with different backgrounds, which made the average work day always different from the next.

About Hudson Group

Hudson Group doesn't care if you're traveling to Pasadena, California, or Poughkeepsie, New York, as long as you stop over in – Read more