Hudson Group Employee Reviews

Seem good, but bad as fact
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2017
Management have no respect for everyone, only expect you to work for them, don't care how it's done and dont treat you as a person. Use you when they can, and kick you away when they don't need you.
Pros
Cons
bad hours, bad management
near to house
Head Supervisior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
Hudson group was my first job,started as a cashier then promoted as a shift supervisor.It was a good experienced ,I learned many things,specially deal with the customers. Management was very good.
Pros
good management
Cons
This workplace was okay, very undermanaged
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS30 January 2017
I have worked at Hudson Group for just over 8 and a half months and I am looking for something new because I am not getting enough hours only working one shift a week for a minimum of 4 hours.
Cons
Supervisors are usually late when it is the end of your shift.
Friendly and caring workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada at YYC airport28 January 2017
Encourage social and cultural meetings for staff. They provide trainings every month. they acknowledge any extra work done by staff. They reward staffs by giving certificates.
Pros
20% Off the price in store
Cons
sometimes big workload
Horrible Horrible Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
This company cares nothing about their employees. We are on our feet all day with only one 1/2 hour break. We are not allowed to sit down anytime we are working. Management changes your shift continuously and tells you "It's needs of the business" when it occurs. They schedule you for a month in advance but it never works out. We are also told we are making good money at the airport...30 cents over minimum wage but its even less when you have to start paying for the mandatory health care. The company has no trust in any of its employees and has cameras everywhere...including the lunch room.

Stay away!
Worse place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2016
Management is so full it,it's like a nightmare.She will come in the store and ask you how are you when you tell her never been better, she is telling you she is tired of hearing that.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Hours too long
Bad experience
Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 November 2016
Poor organization and communication. Lack of belief of what we were all about. Management did not respect the employees.
Was good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS17 November 2016
Was pretty good. The work environment was chill, but the management expected you to do things much too quickly, and with no training
Talking to people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  EIA20 September 2016
Opening the store and setting up for the day.
Ordering stock for the day from Hudson's warehouse.
There are many different types of personalities, good and bad.
Pros
Always having an opportunity of meeting people and talking about their travels.
Cons
Hours, work Life Balance
Good Luck here
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 July 2016
Poor management. Extremely stressful for a supposed easy job. Many employees are leaving and because of it there is much more work for everyone else. Many of the management are not only intimidating but are extremely difficult to talk too and to get a hold off. At this point it would be easier to contact the dead.

overall no respect.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
only one 30 minute unpaid break, long hours, no room for other jobs, have to have open availability
Bad company
Associates (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 March 2016
Not good to work there you will get crazy and pressure everyday doing this and that cheating people time
No future only do more work don't try to apply at all
Low paid only $10.45 per hour what is this rate
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Cutting hours
Fun, busy environment. Many areas to grow and learn new roles
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver9 September 2015
i enjoy the fast pace and early morning shifts do I can be home for my family in evening.
There are lots of different stores to work in so you don't get bored.
Pros
great benefits package, free parking.
It's so boring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2015
The management is great, very supportive and understanding when you have family issues. Don't take this job though if you want to be stimulated, it's so boring, like REALLY boring! You're never allowed to sit but you aren't allowed to stand behind the cash register on the cushion pad if there isn't a customer so you end up hurting at the end of the day. I think the hardest part though is getting to see all the people coming and going and going on vacation or going to school for some awesome career field and you're (might be) stuck working this horribly slow job. They should also pay more to make it better.

Also you get a 30 minute break after two hours and then only 1 15 minute break two hours after that
Pros
Good management, Benefits
Cons
Too slow, depressing, back aches, very under appreciated, horrible break schedule
Great work environment in YVR, horrible company to work for, unappreciated employees, unexperienced and unprofessional management.
Customer service / Cash Auditor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver International Airport20 July 2015
The company was great at first, simple jobs.
Job consisted of: Stocking shelves, greeting costumers, assisting in sales and cleaning store.

Once training is done you are assigned to a store, there are 2 types, speciality and news-stand. Speciality stores don't require more than one employee due to their not-so-busy nature.

On the other hand news-stand are extremely busy and require at least 2 employees at all times. of course that was not provided, employees are often left alone and not helped while in a busy airport, they are required to stock, sell, attend long line-ups of rushing costumer, clean, and order for the store. Don't get me wrong, its easy if there were 2 people but for one person to do is extremely exhausting, and at an extremely long period of time employees were forced to watch 2 stores at once while getting in trouble for not being in both at once.

Management is horrible, rude, unethical, immoral, and compassionate. several times general manager and supervisors would swear at employees whether to their face or behind their backs, make racial and discriminant remarks, act in an in-compassionate way towards unable or medical prevented employees. Show excessive favouritism towards some employees while denying others who are more worthy of such. they do not take advice and do not accept feedback from anyone under them. They do not appreciate or keep in mind the private lives of other employees and will not keep confidentiality whatsoever.

Hardest part of the job was watching 2 stores at once while assisting 5-15 costumers and attending to them between
  more... both stores. As well as working in a news-stand alone with a huge line up and not being able to leave the counter to attend to stocking and cleaning which were a must.

Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting celebrities, politicians, and influential people.
Pros
Meet lots of famous people, simple job.
Cons
Horrible staff and managment
strict and all about money
sales associate (Current Employee) –  enfield2 July 2015
this company is very strict
the management has next to no communication with the employees
its not all bad the people as in the co-workers are like a big family
also the job itself is easy
good hours as well
Pros
family good money easy
Cons
long hours bad management
Bad Management Company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2015
Management for the company is bad, long hours of work, with no breaks sometime. Always short of staff to work. Have high traffic due towards its in airport. So always over working.
Cons
Management is bad
sales accociate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  halifax stanfield international airport18 February 2015
have to deal with my own cash , no supervisor unless needed for refunds or voids ,work on my own as if the store was mine , have to do stock which means ordering product for store then warehouse people deliver it ,magazine order and books ,keeping stock stocked and make sure its cleaned ,getting to meet all types of interesting people daily ,my co workers r great love working with them ,love to talk to people,i learned u have to treat people with same respect as u would want to get treated ,my job not hard ,management r great
Pros
get to meet people daily
Cons
when flights r cancelled people get upset but u deal
like family to me at hudson
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 October 2014
over all the company is good to work for ,been there nearly 7 years , co workers r amazing ,just want to learn something else now , I need to be challenged more , the job not hard at all , the most enjoyable to see my co worker and meet new people daily ,I learned that everyone had different opinions and its nice to express them ,we do have our laughs everyday fun place for sure .
Pros
having party for xmas time, pizza parties etc
Cons
working long hours
place had a great of variety of products and people
Retail Clerk, Warehouse, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2014
Different people every day, Was a ok environment. Not enough hours.
Nice work place on airport with good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2014
I find it out nice place to work and learn new things. You can't find drunk or rowdy people as customer which i faced while working on street store.
Tight security on airport makes u feel safer.
Pros
Company paid 30% money for bus passes.
Cons
Long way from home, Management was not supportive