The Hudson Group Calgary International Airport
Position: Warehouse Manager
Assists the General Manager by managing and executing all activities of the warehouse in support of the overall operation; helps to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service throughout the warehouse operation.
- Protects all company assets in the warehouse including non-stock merchandise.
- Provides a safe and clean environment for warehouse personnel.
- Recruits and trains warehouse personnel.
- Schedules warehouse operational hours to accommodate business requirements.
- Supervises and delegates tasks to warehouse employees.
- Places stock orders as required.
- Counts and receives incoming merchandise; reports shortages/overages to vendors in a timely manner, before required deadlines.
- Counts and completes all appropriate paperwork for merchandise returns to vendors.
- Adjusts prices (mark ups/ mark downs) as per the General Manager's instructions.
- Provides ongoing stock replenishment to the sales floor.
- Isolates, sorts, and organizes all damaged and outdated products for subsequent supplier credits and returns.
- Arranges monthly meetings with sales representatives to provide information to the General Manager regarding new products on the market and to obtain credit for damaged/outdated products.
- Organizes all preparatory work for quarterly press counts and annual inventory.
- Consults and helps plan activities with General Manager; manages the activities of warehouse staff.
- Provides supervision, guidance and support to warehouse staff.
- Works with vendors, on-site jobbers and sales representatives.
- Communicates with home office personnel.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Leadership qualities and demonstrated organizational skills.
- Good time-management skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient with MS office ( MS word and Excel)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work flexible hours, early mornings, late nights, weekends
- Ability to obtain a Restricted Airside Pass (Transport Canada Clearance)
- Reliable Transportation
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two to four years of previous warehouse experience
- $45K Annual Salary
- Benefits after 90 days
- Free Parking
Indeed - 30+ days ago
The Hudson Group provides more than just an application service provider (ASP) solution. We are more service oriented. Comprehensive...