Visual Merchandiser FT
The Hudson Group Vancouver International Airport – Vancouver, BC
This is a support role that reports to the Merchandising Manager and works with the Warehouse Manager and team as well as frontline Sales Associates. The hours of work may include early mornings, evenings and weekends and will be scheduled to meet the needs of the business. This role requires someone with excellent time management skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and a comprehensive understanding of hard and soft goods merchandising. The individual chosen for this position should possess high adaptability to a busy and fast paced retail environment.
- Communicate and uphold the visual standards to frontline team members
- Create and execute visual displays for tables, peg and slat walls and window displays in Specialty and Newsstand stores.
- Work with Warehouse Supervisors and Managers in preplanning of visual display set up to ensure product is delivered to stores to support promotional and planogram set up.
- Support location and corporate buying team by communicating sell through and passing on feedback from the sales floor.
- Ensure all aspects of visual presentation are addressed on a daily basis. This includes but is not limited to lighting, dusting, and cleaning, and proper spacing of fixtures for accessibility.
- Work as a team member alongside other merchandisers or independently.
- Move from terminal to terminal of a large airport pulling a cart weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous visual experience and training with hard goods, apparel, food, and toys.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; is able to plan and execute a merchandise set up within allotted time frame.
- Possesses effective communication and creative problem solving skills.
- Enjoys sharing knowledge in a team environment.
- Flexible work availability, this may include but is not limited to early mornings and possible overnight shifts for store remerchandising. Shifts will often be set hours and days to suit the need of the business and skills of team members.
- Must be able to obtain an airport Restricted Area Pass.
- Must have reliable transportation and be physically fit.
- Candidate may be required to undergo criminal background check.
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Prior merchandising experience preferred.
Indeed - 13 months ago