Hudson Group (location Calgary International airport)
Supports the Operations Manager/ Assistant Manager and the General Manager to ensure that all store daily operating procedures are performed on a timely basis as required, while promoting a corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation. Maximizes sales through the development and supervision of sales associates.
Job Responsibilities are but not limited too:
- Conducts store opening/closing/ shift change procedures.
- Provides staff training.
- Performs all cash register preparation, float verifications, spot checks, verification of end-of-shift cash reconciliation's, and deposits.
- Ensures all sales associates are aware of daily sales targets.
- Ensures customers are greeted promptly and served by knowledgeable, well-trained associates.
- Demonstrates effective management of customer queuing
- Ensures that staff is aware of procedural changes and/or other latest memorandums.
- Has an in depth knowledge of products sold and ensures replenishment and proper rotation of stock on the sales floor.
- Ensures that housekeeping standards are maintained (i.e. dusting, folding, replacement of burnt light bulbs, sweeping, mopping).
- Maintains an ever-vigilant theft and shoplifting awareness and enforces cash register and other policies controlling internal shrink.
- Consults and helps plan daily activities with Assistant Manager/Operations Manager and other Supervisors; manages the activities of staff.
- Provides supervision and support to store staff.
- Works with on-site jobbers and sales representatives.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Leadership qualities, interactive, and approachable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years of retail experience
Previous supervision experience preferred
must have reliable transportation
Indeed - 13 months ago