The Hudson Group at Vancouver International Airport – Vancouver, BC
Regional Training and Human Resource Manager
The Hudson Group YVR – Vancouver, BC
Position: Regional Training and Human Resource Manager
Reports to: Regional Vice President and Corporate Human Resources Department.
Responsible in executing the day-to-day HR activities and administrative duties of the Human Resources Department , in support of the locations strategic planning initiatives to ensure a productive and profitable operation, while helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service throughout the operation.
- Administer and enforce human resources policies, programs and practices, including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating and directing all HR related responsibilities for the Canadian Market
- Ensure retail locations are following company's human resource policies, programs and procedures through coordination with the Corporate Office
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale
- Monitor legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR
- Monitor exposure of the company and prepare information as requested or required for compliance. Escalate to Regional Vice President and Corporate Human Resources Department as necessary
- Recruit, train and develop all supporting levels of staff to ensure an efficient and profitable operation. Create a succession plan for the locations and other HR initiatives
- Ensure consistent excellent internal and external customer service delivered by knowledgeable and professional associates and management, by providing customer service training
- Coordinate with Corporate HR in the implementation of wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services, and company safety and health programs
- Keep Regional Vice President and/or Corporate HR informed of significant problems that may jeopardize achievement of objectives or those not being addressed adequately
- Assist Corporate HR in delivering medical, dental, vision, etc. benefit plans to employees; STD, LTD, Life and workers compensation
- Responsible for the company's customer service training
- Assist with investigations, as appropriate, into employee internal employment related complaints (including applicable Code of Conduct complaints), determine appropriate actions and document consistent with Company standards. Lead and/or assist Corp. HR in investigation of external charges (sexual harassment, discrimination, etc.) and assist Corporate HR in preparation for litigation, compliance audits, etc.
- Enter, manage and administer biweekly payroll for all hourly and salaried employees
- Recruit, prescreen, and interview hourly associate candidates.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct New Hire Orientation; insure new hire paperwork is complete and sent to the appropriate Corporate Office department
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Qualified candidates must have a thorough understanding of all federal and provincial legislation including the Employment Equity Act, Canadian Human Rights Act, Canadian/Provincial Labour Codes, Employment Standards etc
- The successful candidate must be a positive, credible professional who is also an effective problem solver with strong communication skills, accurate and attentive to detail, customer service oriented and able to handle multiple priorities with deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of staff
- Strong partnering skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment are essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel to as required to support the other Canadian locations
- Reliable Transportation
- Ability to obtain an Airport Security Pass
Education and Experience:
- University degree
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a HR Generalist role in a complex retail environment
- Must have CHRP
- Previous AINP/LMO experiance is required
- Benefits after 90 days
- Free Parking
- Employee Discount
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Hudson Group provides more than just an application service provider (ASP) solution. We are more service oriented. Comprehensive...