Full Time Supervisor
Supports the Operations Manager/ Assistant Manager and the General Manager to ensure that all store daily operating procedures are performed on a timely basis as required, while promoting a corporate image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and the consistent delivery of excellent customer service and store visual presentation. Maximizes sales through the development and supervision of sales associates.
- Conducts store opening/closing/ shift change procedures.
- Provides staff training.
- Performs all cash register preparation, float verifications, spot checks, verification of end-of-shift cash reconciliation's, and deposits.
- Ensures that money is secured at all times and cash in excess of $500 is removed from the register for safekeeping.
- Ensures that daily counts on cigarettes, phone cards, newspapers, and other items as required are conducted consistently and that any discrepancies are reported immediately to the Operations Manager.
- Ensures that staff report to work on time, dressed in clean full uniform, including nametags.
- Ensures all sales associates are aware of daily sales targets.
- Ensures customers are greeted promptly and served by knowledgeable, well-trained associates.
- Demonstrates effective management of customer queuing
- Ensure telephones are answered in a consistent business-like manner and are used only for business-related purposes.
- Ensures that all staff tardiness and illnesses are reported to the Operations Manager.
- Ensures that sales associates are assigned daily duties and never congregate in the vicinity of the cash desk.
- Ensures that staff is aware of procedural changes and/or other latest memorandums.
- Has an in depth knowledge of products sold and ensures replenishment and proper rotation of stock on the sales floor.
- Ensures all damaged goods are returned to the warehouse properly tagged.
- Ensures that housekeeping standards are maintained (i.e. dusting, folding, replacement of burnt light bulbs, sweeping, mopping).
- Maintains an ever-vigilant theft and shoplifting awareness and enforces cash register and other policies controlling internal shrink.
- Consults and helps plan daily activities with Assistant Manager/Operations Manager and other Supervisors; manages the activities of staff.
- Provides supervision and support to store staff.
- Works with on-site jobbers and sales representatives.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Leadership qualities, interactive, and approachable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Time-management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work shift work, weekends, early mornings 4:15 am , late nights up to 1am
- Ability to obtain a Restricted Airside Clearance Pass
- Reliable Transportation
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three or more years of retail experience
- Previous retail supervision experience preferred
$12.00 per hour
Benefits after 90 days
Indeed - 5 months ago