Hudson's Bay

Hudson's Bay Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
The Bay
Holiday helper (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2014
The Bay was an enjoyable environment to work in. There were no cons on this job. The co-workers were really friendly and excited to be around. A typical day at work will be to help customers to find what they're looking for. this includes, clothing shoes etc. I've learned a lot from working at the bay including teamwork. Teamwork was a major factor – more... in the Bay. Working with other co-workers made it a more friendly environment. – less
Makeup Lessons, Fallowing up with clients
Bobbi Brown Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: trainning
Cons: when it's not busy
My counter is very busy, we have makeup lessons booked daily, we have to answer the phone for questions, book appointments, Take care of all walk up clientele. We have to do stock replenishment from the stock room and make sure that have an updated out of stock list. We send out orders to clients to their homes.
Productive, Fun, and Safe Work Place
Sales associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers are happy and satisfied for the purchasing experience. My managers and co-workers are nice people and we are a good team working for a same goal.
I enjoyed working there for the most part.
Esthetician/Counter Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 8, 2014
I enjoyed working with the ladies in my department. I had a very loyal clientele.
Great place to earn managerial skills while learning
Sales Associate (PT) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: product knowledge, customer satisfaction
Cons: taking on too much without delegating
Great setting to empathize with customers while increasing sales.
START & END YOUR DAY WITH A BIG SMILE
BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Laval, QCMay 27, 2014
BEING A CHEF COUNTER , IS A BIG RESPONSIBILITY ... ONE SHOULD BE ADAPTED TO DO IT & SUCCEED . WORK TEAM IS GREAT & HELP ME TO IMPROVE MY SKILLS . COSTUMER SERVICE SHOULD BE ALWAYS IN PRIORITY . TREATING COSTUMERS AS VIP IS ONE OF THE BEST PART OF MY WORK.
great learning experience
Distributor/Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2014
Great company, very good team and a great experience in terms of learning.
fun
Forecasting Analyst (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 19, 2014
nice co-workers
learn a lot of technical skills
good management
Great Place to Work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 19, 2014
Pros: awesome management, work/life balance, co-workers
Cons: wages, raises, advancement, benefits
Expectations are high but easy to maintain as you mostly just have to follow a script. They are very reasonable with giving time off when needed. The pay is minimum wage unless you are coming in with experience from else where. When it comes to getting a raise you will be lucky to 25 cents/year. Benefits are horrible/non-existent for part-time employees – more... and only really benefit employees that have been grandfathered into their roles. There is no such thing as full-time just full-time flex, which means you can work from around 28 hours and up. Co-workers are great and you really get to know everyone you work with and make good friends. The management is great and keep improving as of recently. Overall one of the best places I've worked by comparison. – less
Team work was great
Sales Audit Clerk, Buyer for Hardware and Toys, (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 25, 2014
When I was employed at Hudson's Bay they were going through re-structuring but as moving forward I do believe they are going in the right direction.
WORST JOB EVER
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Queens streetMarch 24, 2014
The MANAGEMENT team at the Queen street location in Cosmetics is horrible. Have no leadership qualities what so ever.
Okay
Fashion Marketing (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Working there, I got paid well but the management team had many faults in it.
fun work environment
Men's Wear Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 26, 2014
fun work environment
great people to work with
how to deal with customers
difficult sometimes to open acquisitions
Fun place to work, good coworkers and managers, good environment
Sales Associate. (Former Employee), Calgary, AB, CanadaOctober 24, 2013
I very much enjoyed working for the Bay, as my coworkers were friendly, the hours were flexible and everyone made it an enjoyable place to work, including the managers.
Regional Food Service manager (Former Employee), Bedford, NSAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: driving in the winter time
This was your typical retail Company, whom I worked for 33 years, they were fair, compassionate, always looked within to advance.
A typical day was to be on the road visiting restaurants within the stores for follow up on programs. I learned to work with people
of different personalities. My co-workers were hard working people who gave a lot of themselves – more... to the Company.
The hardest part of my job was having to let someone go.
The best part of my job was the people – less
Productive and fun work environment with good people
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 25, 2013
a typical day would include unloading merchandise from trailers, prepping the merchandise for the sales floor. receiving deliveries throughout the day from couriers, assisting customers, wrapping furniture, prepping customer deliveries and outbound items for the warehouse. I learned the ins and outs of the retail industry and adapted a very strong work – more... ethic which got noticed by management and co-workers. the hardest part of the job was trying to get the most work done in the time given, I'd challenge myself on this everytime and succeed. the most enjoyable part of the job was the work itself and the people around me. – less
Fun envoriment with people you get along with.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 17, 2013
Pros: 30min breaks were paid. incentives were given if we reached our goal
Cons: scheduling was changed too often. breaks were assigned.
Learned about new products and how they work with different skin types.
Management was very firm with meeting weekly goals, they helped come up with new up sell techniques.
My co-workers all worked as a team with unity.
The thing I found hard was to come up with different ways to meet the target, even after up selling. I found the goals were set too – more... high for the counter.
I enjoy learning, and meeting new people, I am a people person, very outgoing. I met lots of new people working with Clinique, build relationships with costomers. – less
Wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy
Footwear Fashionista (Current Employee), Victoria BCApril 8, 2013
While the Bay might be an iconic canadian company, don't go to work for it. It has a very poor corporate culture, and ethics. Be prepared for substantial verbal abuse from customers on a regular basis, with no support for the associate from management. Expect poor hours of work, pay, and heavy cuts backs in scheduling which leave you unable to perform – more... your job in an efficient manner. Raises are non-existent, but if your full time the benefits are good.

If you do decide to work for the Bay,and are lucky enough to be in a store with a union, do yourself a favour and join it. – less

About Hudson's Bay

The most exciting time to be at Hudson's Bay is NOW. Featuring The Room, the White Space and TOPSHOP TOPMAN Canada, Hudson's Bay – Read more