Hudson's Bay

Hudson's Bay Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great environment.
Fragrance Specialist (Current Employee), MisssissaugaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Working with the public.
Cons: I feel I need new challenges.
I love working with the public and providing customer service.
The managers are very supportive and I have an excellent relationship with my co-workers. I feel that I am ready for a change and look forward to growing and being faced with new challenges and opportunities.
Very awful place to work at
former employee (Former Employee), metrotownMarch 24, 2015
Pros: very nice employees
Cons: horrible managers except one or 2 . GM doesn't know what to do
Awful place to have a job in it especially Metrotown location . Most of the managers abusing and bullying you after that they just deny that . They use the employees as something to protect themselves from the head office . Not experienced at all . So u have to be the victim there .
Great co-workers and customers but terrible management...
customer service clerk (Former Employee), sherway, the west mallMarch 21, 2015
Pros: the other employees that are on the same level and the customers
Cons: management is terrible, giving hours to employees that are junior to you, the pay is terrible, no raises, no chance for advancements, no support from management
working at the bay was a good place to help customers with fashion and house and home items...the employees that worked on the same level are hard workers where management do not appreciate..
the hardest part of the job is watching management give hours to someone who is your junior to you, that is not fair...management is not very supportive...the customers and the co-workers that are not in management was the best part of working at the bay...promises from management are never followed threw...
Terrible Management and Structure
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ottawaMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: awful management, no training, under staffed, aggressive/bullying tactics used to enforce sales and ics
It doesn't really matter if you are great with customers, truly helpful and encourage customers to come back. You are only valued by the number of credit cards you can able to harass customers into opening.

There is no work life balance, requested days off are hardly ever giving by management even if other staff members are willing to cover them.

Availability is also hardly respected.

Expect to learn cash, products, policies and procedures on your own. There is NO training provided by management and there is not extra staffing when a new associate is hired to help them learn. Thrown into the shark tank on your own.

Need to call a manager for help with a difficult customer or complicated transaction? Good look getting a hold of one, and if you do, they probably can't help and will only suggest you ask another associate.

If you are a commissioned sales associate, you will be constantly scrutinized over your sales and because of this staff members fight over sales, making for a hostile work environment.

Only thing good about this place is that it forces you to rely on your other associates for help and you form amazing bonds.
High stress environment
Counter Manager - Biotherm Skin Care (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: lots of learning, great coworkers
Cons: inaccessible upper management, cliques, no job security
I learned a lot about sales and a companies goals and procedures. However the basic culture was a highly stressed environment where anyone could get fired at any time. I did not feel appreciated and was not given any training .
Loss Prevention in a busy downtown location in Calgary
LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: low pay and occasional violence
Location had an excellent security apparatus in place. Was a high paced and exciting place to work.

Were very willing to aid employees in career development.
good
E-commerce Processor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Great company, very good team and a great experience in terms of learning. i would love to work with them again in the future
Enjoyable place to work
System Coordinator (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Self efficient
Good schedule
Great co-workers
Amazing management team
Fun and relax work environment
Always something new to do
Not the best workplace
Sales Associate (Shoes & Lingerie) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good learning experience for sales and customer service, you get hbc points for selling instant credits
Cons: understaffed, managers aren't always helpful, some people will try to steal your sales, lousy shifts, management only cares about how much ics you sell
It's almost always busy so time goes by quickly, however, when I started out as a new employee, there was no guidance or much training, so you need to learn everything on your own. I gained a lot of experience from working in different departments and helping out different customers find what they're looking for, solve their issues, etc. I will say, like any sales job, you are expected to fulfill your target sales and selling instant credits. I usually didn't have an issue with this, but there were some slow days (and it didn't help when I was given measly 3 hour shifts) and some co-workers will try and steal your sales. Unfortunately, your sales will determine your shifts - if you don't fulfill or exceed, you might not receive much hours to work. For the most part, I got along with everyone and since I can multi-task and work quickly, helping multiple customers at once wasn't too much of an issue for me.
It's a retail environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: employeed gets discount
Cons: limited permanent position
Its great with flexibility hours, however its limited with permanent opportuinities
fun work environment
Cashier/ Bridal Consultant (Current Employee), Langley, BCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: good group of people to work with
Cons: lack of hours
I currently work in the China/ Gift Registry department at the Langley Hudsons' Bay. A typical day at work can range from working with customers on the floor to conducting bridal consultations to going to wedding shows on behalf of the store. It is a fun work environment team and the gift registry team is a great group of ladies who work very well together each contibuting to the success of the department.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 30, 2014
In morning we get ready to open store. Prepare cash registries, clean up work place, bring in order merchandise. I've learned and still learning about local mentality. I realized a lot about people of different nationalities. Our management is best.I respect them for their hard work and loyalty.My co-workers are also very good and interesting people. The hardest part is being on feet for 7.5 hours. The most enjoy are customers.
hard working group of people from varying cultural backgrounds all pulling together for the same goals...satisfying positive dynamic .
senior fleet supervisor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 14, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: personally not finding the job challenging anymore
I start every day reviewing the highly valued tasks for the day , ensuring all staff understand the expectation.
next - review the previous days work, assess the teams execution.. investigate & propose adjustments & discuss with the team
-cvor monthly review
- review idle, speeding reports
-document findings ensure process is followed
I have learned nobody cares how or why service fails therefore service level is 1st & foremost. Every effort must be made to ensure the team executes as promised.
The team thrives on success & responds professionally to stress
its a pleasure being associated to this tight group
The hardest part of any job is dealing with the negatives such as service failures and major accidents, I must keep calm, cool keeping my emotions in check in order to provide sound guidance.

The most enjoyable par of the job is the seeing the group get the recognition they deserve . to be honest you are only as good as the team
Regular Customer Service Job
Costumer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 12, 2014
This place is calm and relaxing. The customers you will experience are of an older age, and are thus much more mature, making your job experience much more pleasant. You learn about customer service, if you have no experience. The staff are nice and understanding. Management is nice as well. Hardest part is meeting a difficult customer from time to time, but that's how life is sometimes. The most enjoyable is hearing the customer's stories and lives as you assist them on their needs.
Great experience, Wonderful staff, girly job
Cosmetic Manager-Shiseido/Biotherm (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONDecember 10, 2014
Pros: pros include, the staff, everyone is so wonderful to be around on a day to day basis. if you are a cosmetician or esthetician, working in cosmetics would be a very fun job for you, its competitive and challenging but in a fun way!
Cons: cons are scheduling and some of the interesting customers we have to deal with.
I have been with the company for almost 3 years now. Like all large company's they have there pros and cons. Pros include, the staff, everyone is so wonderful to be around on a day to day basis. If you are a cosmetician or esthetician, working in cosmetics would be a very fun job for you, its competitive and challenging but in a fun way! Cons are scheduling and some of the interesting customers we have to deal with. Overall its an experience, some stay forever and for others its just a stepping stone to bigger and better things, but that's for you to decide!
Fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONOctober 28, 2014
I enjoyed working at times here. Dealing with the customers was a joy.
My co-workers became very close friends to me.
The hardest part about working there was the pressure into opening instant credits, getting emails from customers and locating items on the computer and not finding it. Also the scheduling was never consistant. Schedule never out on time. Aways had to switch with co-workers with a requested was not honoured.
horrible company
Asset Protection Investigator (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no trust
I worked in their Asset Protection dept. I can honestly tell you this company does not trust their staff. They hound their Asset Protection people to catch staff either breaking policy or stealing. If you don't they question why your not getting any internal cases. If you work for this company look up at the cameras and I am willing to bet at some point you will see them pointed at your cash desk cuz they are watching every single thing you do.
The Bay
Holiday helper (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2014
The Bay was an enjoyable environment to work in. There were no cons on this job. The co-workers were really friendly and excited to be around. A typical day at work will be to help customers to find what they're looking for. this includes, clothing shoes etc. I've learned a lot from working at the bay including teamwork. Teamwork was a major factor in the Bay. Working with other co-workers made it a more friendly environment.
Makeup Lessons, Fallowing up with clients
Bobbi Brown Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: trainning
Cons: when it's not busy
My counter is very busy, we have makeup lessons booked daily, we have to answer the phone for questions, book appointments, Take care of all walk up clientele. We have to do stock replenishment from the stock room and make sure that have an updated out of stock list. We send out orders to clients to their homes.
Productive, Fun, and Safe Work Place
Sales associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers are happy and satisfied for the purchasing experience. My managers and co-workers are nice people and we are a good team working for a same goal.

About Hudson's Bay

The most exciting time to be at Hudson's Bay is NOW. Featuring The Room, the White Space and TOPSHOP TOPMAN Canada, Hudson's Bay – Read more