Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Store Front
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2017
When is was not the inspiring. Most of the day I cleaned up the store, and put clothing back in the right place. Also, sometimes I would do the teller work.
It was a great place to work.
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
One of my favourite jobs ever! I was able to work at the Flagship store in Ottawa and there was a lot of amazing history behind it. I would have liked to have stayed there for many years as I worked on building up my own photography and videography company. A concern that I often had was in trying to engage a younger audience to want to shop at the store. Everyone knows that department stores are a dying and suffering breed when it comes to the new generation. Replacing outdated equipment and installing tablets with the full catalog as well as themed events targeting a "current" audience could greatly help the brand succeed for another century. Retail is an ever changing game and this would help to ensure that fresh customer bonds are created. I worked as a salesman in footwear but I would cross train to other departments when necessary.

Simply put a great experience. If you are given the opportunity take it.
Pros
The building, the people and the brand as a whole.
Cons
Needs more promoting of certain events on a local level.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 March 2017
It's okay if you are a student I guess. However, the overall experience wasn't great. And it's hard to negotiate work hours with management. work was boring and tiring.
Hudson's Bay is a family
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB19 March 2017
It is not hard to fit in and the other associates are super friendly and very supportive. The managers teach you whatever it is you would like to learn.
Pros
You learn so much about different brands and how fashion retail works
Cons
Not many hours to be had
A great Place to work at!
Gift Registry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2017
Hudson's Bay has been a great opportunity for me as it helped me build a professional edge . Building unique customer relationships and providing a great customer service on a daily basis gives you a feeling of satisfaction each day at work. The Hudson Bay team has been great helping me in each challenging phase .
Great Place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 March 2017
great place to work, do not like the fact the job is very repetitive. if you are in the field of order and picking you will like this job a lot. guaranteed
Great place to work, very professional and businesslike.
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, Canada16 March 2017
This was truly a great place to work. The management team were top notch and made sure that everything was operated professionally and in a businesslike manner. Plans were clear and well thought out, execution was properly monitored and tracked. Staff were properly trained and well rewarded for superior performance. A great place to learn the right way to operate a productive Information Technology organization. Learned a lot there.
Pros
Supreior planning, execution and follow-up
high stress enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 March 2017
a typical day is high stress. the management team requires that you go though them for specific items and then never respond when they are needed. none of the employees are able to say anything nice about the environment, it is the department team that has people come back to work everyday.
Enjoyable well managed environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 March 2017
Majority of my days were spent at the cash register or helping tidy the areas. While working at the Bay i further practiced my customer relations skills, my cashier skills and helped improve me 'management skills' as there were times i have to run a section. The culture at the job was great everyone was great and proud to be doing what they did. The hardest part was the 'sales' whenever christmas time would arrive those were always busy. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers and how great everyone got along.
Excellent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2017
Very up beat and friendly environment. Wonderful helpful staff and company discount. Busy everyday, assisting customers with styles and gift ideas. Complimentary lunch on Saturdays.
Pros
Sale items every day
Cons
Lots of walking and restocking racks and shelves
Good test for memorization
Shipping and receiving, loading dock assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 March 2017
It was a good excercise in the morning off loading trucks, the hardest part was memorization of numbers for different store items, but I was quick to learn, lot's to do along with customers picking up items. The management was excellent no complaints.
Pros
good steady work
Cons
no complaints
Fun environment with good remuneration
Retail Assistant at Ladie'shoes department (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada8 March 2017
Very nice work environment. Excellent management and really good remunerations working under commission.
The management office is always there to help you with any question. Very helpful job to learn a lot about sales and be comfortable at job
Great place to work with many opportunities
Buyer; Prestige Cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2017
Great place to work - fast paced and growing business with international opportunities.

Time flies by quickly in this environment. Hardest part of the job is not being mobile....very much a desk job.
Pros
Free coffee - work from home option
Productive workplace
Senior Business Analyst - Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Experience with end to end retail business planning and execution processes. Closed loop planning from the top down pre-season merchandise financial
Bad managing, unfair pay, too much work, very warm and valuable staff
Sales Associate-Ladies Footwear Department (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2017
The location I worked was very friendly, great staff. The workload though is way too high in comparison with the pay I received. I learned quite a lot
Pros
I was able to go on trips and always had my job back.
Cons
Awful schedule and unfair pay in accordance with the amount of work I did.
Great company and Awesom work Environment
Sales Associate for Watches (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2017
Great place to work as a full time student. Very helpful and friendly people and a fun work environment.
I was a part of sales team in Watches and Luxury watches, got to learn a lot and working in retail after a while, I really enjoyed it.
Productive and funworkplace
Fragrance advisor (sales associate) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2017
The hardest part of job was in Gala days which required more jobs to do and running between customers, but honestly it was fun.
Worst place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
My excitement was short lived, I was being micro managed by both The managers and counter manager. They do NOT care about you, as one of the managers told me "you are just a number", their main concerns are credit card enrolment, and sales number. They have zero respect for you.
Pros
Cons
Everything about that place
Always something to do
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 March 2017
There is always something to do, always work. Directions are very limited causing confusion and hesitancy when doing moves and stock on your own.
Great environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 March 2017
Great people to work with and a friendly environment! They were very flexible hours too. I really enjoyed working at the Hudons Bay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Hudson's Bay Company Reviews by Location