Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 March 2017
Great place to work. The management is very efficient and supportive of staff. Everyone is like family.

The job is highly customer focused. As a result you get the opportunity to meet a lot people from different backgrounds.
nice
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 March 2017
With my previous company, I greatly admired their support and desire for growth in their employees. I was privileged to be able to take advantage of their in-house training and their flexible scheduling allowed me to complete my undergraduate degree while working there. This same reason was one of the things that drew me most to you as you also offer continuing education benefits and show great love for your employees.
Busy company but friendly people
Outbound sales agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
This company is a great Comey for specia rather large people .
It offers free gym experiencs while earning a decent income .
It had great health benefits for non-smokers .
It was nice working for them but I felt it could use more diversity.
Pros
Nice views
Cons
Long hours no prayer times
Great place with great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 March 2017
Good work for decent pay. Great working environment and very good management. Workload isnt very hard either. Overall, a very good place for students to work at.
Pros
Customer Service, Great Management.
Cons
Busy and long hours during holiday season.
fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2017
I never regretted going to work on any day they would call me. the staff is really nice and everyone is friendly and respectful. i worked really good hours and never felt like it was taking all my time.
Pros
first break is taken with pay
Cons
seasonal is not kept for long
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 March 2017
we would open the store have a meeting then greet customers ask them to open a credit card if they didnt already have one
the hardest part of the job was finding customers in a slow place to sign up for a credit card
Pros
earned points when we caught ppl stealing
Cons
hours were all over the place
Store Front
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 March 2017
When is was not the inspiring. Most of the day I cleaned up the store, and put clothing back in the right place. Also, sometimes I would do the teller work.
It was a great place to work.
Footwear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
One of my favourite jobs ever! I was able to work at the Flagship store in Ottawa and there was a lot of amazing history behind it. I would have liked to have stayed there for many years as I worked on building up my own photography and videography company. A concern that I often had was in trying to engage a younger audience to want to shop at the store. Everyone knows that department stores are a dying and suffering breed when it comes to the new generation. Replacing outdated equipment and installing tablets with the full catalog as well as themed events targeting a "current" audience could greatly help the brand succeed for another century. Retail is an ever changing game and this would help to ensure that fresh customer bonds are created. I worked as a salesman in footwear but I would cross train to other departments when necessary.

Simply put a great experience. If you are given the opportunity take it.
Pros
The building, the people and the brand as a whole.
Cons
Needs more promoting of certain events on a local level.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 March 2017
It's okay if you are a student I guess. However, the overall experience wasn't great. And it's hard to negotiate work hours with management. work was boring and tiring.
Hudson's Bay is a family
Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB19 March 2017
It is not hard to fit in and the other associates are super friendly and very supportive. The managers teach you whatever it is you would like to learn.
Pros
You learn so much about different brands and how fashion retail works
Cons
Not many hours to be had
A great Place to work at!
Gift Registry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2017
Hudson's Bay has been a great opportunity for me as it helped me build a professional edge . Building unique customer relationships and providing a great customer service on a daily basis gives you a feeling of satisfaction each day at work. The Hudson Bay team has been great helping me in each challenging phase .
Great Place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 March 2017
great place to work, do not like the fact the job is very repetitive. if you are in the field of order and picking you will like this job a lot. guaranteed
Great place to work, very professional and businesslike.
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Ontario, Canada16 March 2017
This was truly a great place to work. The management team were top notch and made sure that everything was operated professionally and in a businesslike manner. Plans were clear and well thought out, execution was properly monitored and tracked. Staff were properly trained and well rewarded for superior performance. A great place to learn the right way to operate a productive Information Technology organization. Learned a lot there.
Pros
Supreior planning, execution and follow-up
high stress enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 March 2017
a typical day is high stress. the management team requires that you go though them for specific items and then never respond when they are needed. none of the employees are able to say anything nice about the environment, it is the department team that has people come back to work everyday.
Enjoyable well managed environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 March 2017
Majority of my days were spent at the cash register or helping tidy the areas. While working at the Bay i further practiced my customer relations skills, my cashier skills and helped improve me 'management skills' as there were times i have to run a section. The culture at the job was great everyone was great and proud to be doing what they did. The hardest part was the 'sales' whenever christmas time would arrive those were always busy. The most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers and how great everyone got along.
Excellent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2017
Very up beat and friendly environment. Wonderful helpful staff and company discount. Busy everyday, assisting customers with styles and gift ideas. Complimentary lunch on Saturdays.
Pros
Sale items every day
Cons
Lots of walking and restocking racks and shelves
Good test for memorization
Shipping and receiving, loading dock assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 March 2017
It was a good excercise in the morning off loading trucks, the hardest part was memorization of numbers for different store items, but I was quick to learn, lot's to do along with customers picking up items. The management was excellent no complaints.
Pros
good steady work
Cons
no complaints
Fun environment with good remuneration
Retail Assistant at Ladie'shoes department (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada8 March 2017
Very nice work environment. Excellent management and really good remunerations working under commission.
The management office is always there to help you with any question. Very helpful job to learn a lot about sales and be comfortable at job
Great place to work with many opportunities
Buyer; Prestige Cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 March 2017
Great place to work - fast paced and growing business with international opportunities.

Time flies by quickly in this environment. Hardest part of the job is not being mobile....very much a desk job.
Pros
Free coffee - work from home option
Productive workplace
Senior Business Analyst - Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Experience with end to end retail business planning and execution processes. Closed loop planning from the top down pre-season merchandise financial

Hudson's Bay Company Reviews by Location