Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Enjoyable workplace, great co-workers, good environment.
In-Store Marketing Team (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 5, 2016
Pros: Paid brea
Being that I just come on Sunday's now, I usually work with the price changing team and go around the store doing mark ups/mark downs with the printer and scanner given to us. My co-workers are easy to work with and we all get along, which makes the job more fun. Previously before I gave up hours during the week (Monday-Friday) due to school, I worked with the in-store marketing team. We spent our days ensuring everything was presented the way we were guided by the marketing manager, re-stocked items constantly and re-arranged things daily.
Fun and Productive
Holiday Helper (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 4, 2016
I was able to communicate with customers and learn about them, while also helping them find the merchandise the favor. In addition, I was maintaining a clean environment that is both suitable for the customers and everyone else who visit.
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing (Former Employee), Scarborough, CanterburyMay 2, 2016
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge by working at Hudson's Bay Company. All the co-workers were very helpful and great team members.
Excellent work place , great people and fun loving manegment
Counter Business Sales Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: Free Gratis and many perks
Cons: long hours
I have completed and coached SRA ( Selative Rtail Accademy) which is the most Prestigious Course offered by L'oreal Lancome Luxe. I have also successfully completed and coached the BAR (Beauty Advisor Revolution Program) with in the L'oreal Lancome Luxe. I play a critical role in development of Business by coaching, monitoring, evaluating and reporting the sales associates team of ten to fifteen (beauty advisors). I am also responsible for all the communication between the L'oreal Lancome Luxe and Hudson's Bay senior management team. I have build excellent report with all the level of Management team and co- workers. we believe at L'oreal Lancome Luxe and hudson's bay the work life balance and cherishing each moment to deliver excellence in servicing the guest.
I have embeded the culture of L'oreal Lancome Luxe and Hudson's Bay with in my sales team and myself " that every guest who shopped with us lives happier than they came in." I truly love and honor the heritage for both organization.
Great environment.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 26, 2016
Got along well with coworkers, respectful and kind.
Managers were great, and friendly.
Enjoyed interacting with customers.
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
Pros: Environment
Cons: Managment
- Nice place to work if you like retail. Daily tasks, greet customers, process sales and clean up around your service desk.

- co worker are friendly

-hardest part of the job is trying to sell credit cards to customers who don't want them

-most enjoyable: nice place to work, and good environment.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: great team
Cons: the building needs maintenance everything is falling apart
Management is great and my co-workers are super sweet and friendly. A typical day at work will be organizing the store, making sure the store is clean, the racks are neat and arranged by designers, colors and sizes.
I wouldn't recommend for any one who is thinking about their future career to work in HBC
Logistics Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 22, 2016
Pros: Absolutely nothing .
Cons: under paid over worked and to make matter worst they hire people with no skills to manage others.
Management has no clue what they are doing and people are picked on based on who likes you and who doesn't. I am waiting to exit the Vancouver Logistic Center due to very difficulty circumstance at the workplace.

I have missed previous management team i have for but i know for a fact i will never miss these people here.

If HBC wants to stay relevant they must change their leadership at the level of DC managers all the way up to their SVP.
great environment flexible with hours and shifts
VISUAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 21, 2016
great for students or second jobs. but great steady work environment always busy with something and great team environment.
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Fast paced
Friendly
Great work environment
Enjoyable
Great team
Supportive
Growth
Everyday is a different day with different situations occurring
somewhat satisfactory
Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 21, 2016
Too many people working too few hours.

People kept on seemed to be selected per favouritism rather than the correct process of hiring staff as mandated through gov't standards..
Very productive and engaging workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
Pros: Commission plus base salary
Cons: Short hour shift
I was able to leverage my communication skills and gained experience with customer service. My co-workers were helpful and very approachable, which made my overall work experience comfortable.
management in hudson'a bay
Men's Wear Dept Mgr (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2016
Pros: bonus
Cons: long hours
managing employees, scheduling, inventory, marketing strategies, coaching/training employees, difficult customers looking for discount.
bonuses for exceeding the sales target.
Professional Yet Fun
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 13, 2016
although i worked there for a short time, HBC was a fun, friendly place with many nice co-workers who are willing to help you out as much as they help their customers
Was Fun and had good people to work with.
Sales and Retail (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: Paid for breaks
Cons: Not paid for lunch
I miss working with all my old friends but the hours where never enough. And needed something more steady to support my kids. But I did love this job but the pay wasnt great plus the hour not enough.
great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 12, 2016
great company great people fast pace i totally enjoyed meet a lot of new interesting people every day the hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers but it was challenging at time
Great Job
Sales Representative/Customer Care (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 11, 2016
Fun environment for students and people looking for a part time job. Must be flexible with your schedule. Co-workers are amazing and you get to learn a lot more then just customer service.
Good and Challenging place to work
Customer Service Sales Associate (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 11, 2016
Most of employees do team work. Managers try to motivate employees with different small motivations. In general It is a god place to work and you can gain more experience while dealing with different types of people!
Dispatcher
Logistics/ Transportation Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
Enjoying working with other people
solving driver problem over the phone and in yard
checking with DC for load progress and advise them about time sensitive deliveries
check of drivers working within the working hour limits
nothing much, it was a seasonal job
Sales (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 7, 2016
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: poor training
The co-workers from different cultures.
You meet so many different people, Sometimes you have to be really patient.
People are not always kind but most of them are ok.
There are no real opportunities to grow up in this company.
Nothing much to say for a simple job.
Industry