Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Positive Work Environment
Part-time Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 October 2017
HBC was a very positive experience for me in terms of a first sales associate position. The management was friendly and welcoming, and all the staff worked well with each other. As I was a seasonal associate I did not have many benefits salary wise, but overall I got some great work experience and a lot of hours.
Early morning stock person.
Stock Person Support (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 October 2017
Just another corporate company ... manager gives direction, then the "suits" do their 10minute walk thru and give another direction. Worked with some great people.
Pros
See discounts before the public
Cons
"Black" dress code even tho shift ends when store opens.
Great place to work out of highschool for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 October 2017
This was one of my first REAL jobs! I learned a lot about sheets and pillows as i worked in the linens department. I had to deal with some great customers and some not so great customers but this definitely taught me all about customer service, patience and how to handle some difficult situations.
Pros
very close to home
Cons
could only work part time at that time in life
Nothing fun in Hudson's Bay Co.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
they need some new immigrants to work as slave (to survive) in the stock department to help hudson's bay to prepare for christmas and new year season.
productive/competatie
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 October 2017
Welcome customer with smile,Learned best customer service, best management, best co-workers to work with, hardest of the job leaving it, it was part time, enjoy to work there because of the co-workers and the management
Pros
discount
Cons
short break
Good for part-time job seekers. Has a happy and dynamic Management Team
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2017
The company gives opportunity for part-time job seekers. Develops good customer service and a good training ground in delivering satisfactory customer service performance.

Fun to work with diverse staff and friendly management team.
Pros
easy access and discounts to mercahndise
Cons
short period of hours work
fun workplace
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 October 2017
A lots of walking in Picking but I like it gives me strength because this is the way of my Exercise i don’t need to go to the gym it’s free & at the same time I earned money ,fun workplace & co worker ,I have learned how to use the RF Scanner .
Pros
Free lunches
Great company!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 October 2017
Currently working here and everything is great! All the people that i work with as well as the environment. I am a sales associate, therefore communication with clients and making them happy is my number one priority!
good discount
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
The discount is good.
You learn about fashion and trends.
Working in the Downtown Core is fun.
Management is unprofessional and there is no real growth.
best place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 October 2017
You will enjoy working there everyday. Each and very day you will get new experiences. Best managers. Best Co-workers.
You must kow how to deal with irate customers.
Pros
everythng is good at this place. I would prefer this as a best place to work.
Cons
Nothing :)
Very good
Sales Representative (Holiday season Contract) (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC5 October 2017
It was really fun working at Hudson's Bay,though the manager was really strict but fair.
It was a chalenging experience since I had a temporary contract for the holidays season.
Productive and Fun team to work with
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
The training and development department was a small team of great people who supported one another. Always working to ensure all procedures, changes or updates were communicated effectively. Provided in depth training to new hires.
Co-workers made it a better place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 October 2017
This is a good company through and through, however I was hired for a certain position and then a year or so down the road the position was changed without my knowledge. I went from being a part-time sales associate to an auxiliary associate (someone who fills in when need be, no guaranteed hours).
Seasonal hires who were hired after me were getting more hours and better pay than I was and some aspects just didn't sit well with me.
The people I worked with were amazing. There was never a day where I didn't at least have a smile on my face. We always had a good time and worked together to accomplish our tasks.

In conclusion: the people were amazing, the job itself was good, but I unfortunately did not agree with how some things were run.
Loved the people i worked with! Like family
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 October 2017
We had awesome staff and management at our location! We all worked well as a team and had each others back. So Sad that our location was bought out by an unnecessary grocery store!
Pros
Awesome people to work with!
Cons
Pushing Credit cards on people!
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2017
I enjoyed working here part-time during my highschool career. It was a great learning experience with awesome perks. The product knowledge classes they provided for the employees was a great experience. The staff and the company was very supportive.
Pros
Free samples of the new products arriving
Cons
cut backs on hours, ie. short shifts.
Fun work, great management and coworkers
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON30 September 2017
Great teamwork, they trained and fully supported me with my language challenges. It was my first Canadian experience, and I absolute loved work there.
currently a stressful environment due to poor performance and severe restructure.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 September 2017
Relaxed workplace depending on leader. Severely short staffed and teams are overworked. To many leaders not enough workers. Morale at an all time low.
Pros
good people
Cons
heavy workloads
Great working enviroment
Beauty Advisor (Inside sale) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 September 2017
I have been working at Barnaby The Bay for one year. I position is beauty adviser in the cosmetic group . All the coworkers who are in the cosmetic apartment are kind, friendly and helpful. I really enjoy working with them. However, since the cosmetic manager changed, the way she managed our work was hard to enforce. Lots of my friends (coworkers) leave their position. For me, because the new semester just begin, there are lots of things I need to do at school, so I quit my job. Overall, the working environment at The Bay is pretty good, and the people there teach me lots of things.
Fun work place with hard working people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
This is a very busy work place with world class fashion collection.

you need patience to be in customer service. overall it's one of the best place to get customer service experience.
Pros
friendly environment-discounts
Cons
busy
It's alright
Sales Associate (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 September 2017
Depends which department you're working in, the work environment can impact your motivation to work. Most times it is quiet and co-workers tend to just walk around doing the same routine each shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.