Hudson's Bay Company Employee Review

View all Hudson's Bay Company reviews

A good placel to work when the children were young.
MMT - Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills Town Center30 October 2013
I am a mother of 3 teenagers. I took time away from working in an office to work overnight, so that I would be home while they were still young. I stayed with Zellers/HBC as I liked the work I was doing as well as the people I worked with.

The night went by very fast as you were busy from the time you started to the time you went home. You did have a quota of skids to be emptied, but if you did your job you got your work done.

My first supervisor was not always a pleasant person, but I was there to work, not socialize. We hardly saw management, and yes, sometimes felt forgotten.

The people I worked with had a good sense of humour and made the nights pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. I often had to pull my own skids on/and off the elevator. Some were over the recommended height, and the weight of some I felt was overly heavy.

The best part of my night, was when I was able to finish my work early and then help others. In return, they would come to help me if they finished early.
Pros
Being home with my children when they were young.
Cons
Not getting enough sleep

Other Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Fun job
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 November 2017
It's fun job but from the payment wise is not sufficient and not enough hours for everyone other than that nice management staff and team members where I can not complain
good workplace for students
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2017
this job is very good for students and managers are all very kind and helpful. coworkers are easy to work with. great benefits and employee discount. and good hours for a student.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.