Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,019 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 June 2017
Busy work day at parts of the day. Management can be okay at times. Learned to work in a fast pace environment with customer service. Most enjoyable part was working with the staff.
productive and coworkers are fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 June 2017
busy, but you can learn a lot not only from management but the people you work with and the customers. I have enjoyed working part time for Hudson bay.
Productive and Fun Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2017
I like working in Hudson's Bay as Sales Associate. I learnt strong communication skills by dealing with clients, answering the queries of clients and other team members. I learnt time management by completing the work assigned within the deadlines. The most enjoyable part for me at work is to learn new things.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
Short Breaks
fun place, good discount, not enough pay
Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2017
Learn great customer service skills,team building skills. Not enough managers or support. Meet lots of different people is a lot of fun. Great co-workers make work fun. Get to see latest fashion and beauty trends.
Pros
discount, wonderful co-workers
Cons
management, hours, pay, atmosphere
Intern of the Fashion Offices
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fashion Offices, Toronto22 June 2017
- creating mood boards and trend analysis
- sifting and sorting through different publications, journals, and print magazines
- researching trends online
Fun to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 June 2017
well organized company with secure benefits. very generous co workers and lenient management. must be well organized and prepared to work. willing to work here again
Pros
Cons
short luchbreaks
This Job was a great place to start working.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 June 2017
At Home Outfitters/Hudsons Bay we were always incouraged to be the best we could be. Always told to greet the customer with a smile and to make them feel at home.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Having to push HBC credit cards
Enjoyable Summer Job
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
A typical day at work consisted of unloading shipments& stocking store merchandise. Management was friendly& respectful. Hardest part of the job was unloading shipments before opening time. Most enjoyable part was tagging and pricing items. Learned how to operate inventory software, to properly fold clothes, work in backroom spaces, good customer service skills, and how to manage a change room.
Cons
Excellent team spirit and a very hardworking team with many incentives
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2017
I enjoyed working at Hudsons Bay Company distribution center. The employees were very welcoming of new staff. The provided excellent training and support for their new hires. There were plenty of incentives to keep people there and to we were encouraged to work at our potential. I used the RF Scanner to receive products into the computer program. We prepared products such as folding clothes and bagging them. This was the inbound part f the job. In the outbound area, we picked ordered products using an RF scanner.
Pros
incentives such as overtime, Tim Horton cards
Fast Paced Environment
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 June 2017
Hudson`s Bay Company is a very fast paced working environment. All employees are expected to hit the ground running. Great place to learn when starting out.
Fun place with a lot of amazing people
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary19 June 2017
Not one day was like the last, i enjoyed that. Carried a variety of products and was able to do fun activities/eventing within each department. Held fun interactive product training for their employees.
Pros
Worked with a lot of amazing people
Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 June 2017
I enjoy working there although sometimes it can be very busy. The schedules are not set in stone which is nice so there's room for rescheduling if the time coincides with other plans.
No opportunities for advancement.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 June 2017
No opportunities for advancement.
The Coach team and management were very professional.
The Bay side wasn't very customer focused.
Wages are low but I loved independence in my role.
Productive and a great colleagues to work.
Assistant Planner (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 June 2017
My typical day would be communicating with vendors, coordinating with stores, working closely with the planner and buyer on OTB, special programs and discuss opportunities to improve plan and sales. Colleagues were very helpful and always willing to hear new ideas and perspectives. One of the most enjoyable aspects of the job was Friday was a half-day during the summers. The hardest part of the job had to be constantly keeping an eye on the competition and making sure our company excels in our domain.
Pros
Adequate associate discounts
Cons
None that are really all that striking
Plus ou moins positif
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 June 2017
Cadre agréable
Personnel agréable
Employeur agéable
Pros
Tout
Cons
Aucun
Fast paced enviroment with lots of talented people
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Head Office12 June 2017
It's a fun place to work with lots of dedicated people. The company strives for success and pushes it's employees to do the best possible. Security with the organization is the biggest downfall as well as the current systems they use. Systems are not working properly or down completely 2-3 times per week.
Over all the company has heritage with it;s name, overall management is not in favour of work/life balance.
Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 June 2017
Overall good company to work for, benefits are not the best. Management is not confident in job skills. No job shadowing for new position. No job description.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Men’s Department (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2017
Fixing clothes, taking clothes out of the change room helping people find what they were looking for. Helping customers with their concerns or inquiries about the men's section.
Good company
Asset Protection Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 June 2017
Good company to work for, provides a lot of experience and there are opportunities available to move up. The company is growing and expanding their banners.
Very Positive Environment and Team
Men's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 June 2017
There is a positive vibe working there with a great supporting team. The workplace goal is to strives to break sales records as well as always improving out services. The best part of the job was working after hour events or special boutiques. The management is great, with great communication between department managers. The Hardest part of the job is the standing for long periods of time in dress shoes. I learned that for a company to run their cannot be any slacking within the team.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
tight schedual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval