Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews in Canada

I wouldn't recommend for any one who is thinking about their future career to work in HBC
Logistics Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 22, 2016
Management has no clue what they are doing and people are picked on based on who likes you and who doesn't. I am waiting to exit the Vancouver Logistic Center due to very difficulty circumstance at the workplace.

I have missed previous management team i have for but i know for a fact i will never miss these people here.

If HBC wants to stay relevant they must change their leadership at the level of DC managers all the way up to their SVP.
Pros
Absolutely nothing .
Cons
under paid over worked and to make matter worst they hire people with no skills to manage others.
Informative
Seasonal Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
My job included organizing the displays of ladies' accessories, working the cash systems in an efficient manner and assisting customers with picking what products to purchase. I enjoyed interacting with customers and learnt customer service skills as I worked during the Christmas period. My co-workers were very informative, helpful and patient in terms of training and as a result I gained a wealth of information.
Pros
Gain Experience
Overall a professional and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 26, 2016
Working in Hudson's Bay as a Sales Associate allows you to constantly engage with customers. Overall a clean and organized work environment. You learn how to process all Point of Sale transactions and learn to efficiently use time management.
I believe that a typical day at work is overall fun due to the constant interactions with customers. The hardest part of the job is promoting the company's Hudson's Bay loyalty programs.
Pros
Good life balance
Cons
Boring when no customers
Fast pace and Energetic place to work at!
Group Sales Manager Footwear Division (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 15, 2016
Had a GREAT time working at different challenging evolving position in management held for the career path at this outfit!
Constantly evolving and challenging Retail chain environment!
Was the first and longest operating chain store for the Canadain market place. Over 375 years of existence! it was a pleasure and priviledge to have worked for such a Giant on the Canadian fashion scene.
Pros
Family type approach with personnel
Cons
None except for my position abolished in 2004!!
Professional Work place and result oriented
SR Financial Analyst contract (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 8, 2016
Work 37.5 hrs a day with some new processed.
Learn system and different reporting structure.
Management are understanding and caring of the employees interest to progress.
Co-workers are helpful to meet strict deadline if needed.
The passion of the team to meet strict deadline.
Gathering information from other departments to meet the deadline. Being proactive helps in this situation.
Enjoy the friendly,caring and professional atmosphere.
Pros
Ability to learn new responsibilities and system
Cons
New Information not also communicated
Energetic work environment with great people giving awesome service!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 25, 2016
A fun environment to work in, especially when you love shoes and get to sell them at work! Management is supportive and positive. The best part of my job is seeing a customer who is frustrated or clearly having a bad day, and being able to turn it around and send them out the door with a smile on their face.
Pros
flexible work-life balance
Cons
Short, sporadic shifts
Great Company and a chance to learn each day through customer engagemenr is really great.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
learned the various business fundamentals in maintain the solid service and product delivery through great employment training.
I worked over at the central cash where we basically do almost all transactions and find my manager really helpful and never gets tired in helping us become better in our jobs. over the last two months I learned a lot of great things which will help me grestly improve my skills in this field and in becoming a responsible entrepreneur one day.
Pros
great team. and great place to improve while enjoying your job
Cons
not a lot of hours right now.
Sincerely enjoy working wit people, the positive atmosphere.
Cosmetic Counter Manager-Hudson Bay. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2016
The Hudson' Bay company made me a proud, and happy
employee every time.
I learned Reliability, dependability, determination, confidence.
The management is awesome and professional in every way.
I had great relationship with all the Co- workers.
The hardest part of the job?? I can not remember any hard part.
The most enjoyable part of the job is... just to be there.

Certainly have been made me feel special.
Pros
free lunch is a great thing.
Cons
I can manage long hours wery well.
Great place to work fast paced and challenging
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
Great place to work, everything is a learning experience. Management is always willing to listen and help if needed, co-workers are fantastic fun to work with and be around. I think the hardest part of the job is not enough hours in the day. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with co-workers.
Pros
everything
Cons
not enough hours
Good job
Ladies' Footwear Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Hudson's Bay is incredibly flexible with their hours which is perfect for students. Nonetheless, there is absolutely no job security, no guaranteed shifts/hours, etc. Management could be better and more clear with their wishes. The hardest part of the job is getting people to open up credit cards. If you fail to open up 1+ IC (Instant Credit) per week you risk losing your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment and people. The biggest CON about working at Hudson's Bay is that you do not receive an employee discount if you do not have their credit card. :( If you do, it is 25% off clothes, fashion, etc. 20% off cosmetics.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Security
Fun place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 5, 2016
- Greeting and helping customers in finding what they want
- Refer autolocates and credit cards to customers
- Folding and arranging clothes
- Coworkers are great people
- Considerable management
Pros
Sales associate discount, flexible hours, great benefits if you're full time
Cons
Asking customers to open a credit account with the company, autolocates and target sales, short-staffed
Fun work environement
security (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Hudson's Bay is home to all walks of life, and many of them, like all of us, have a few bumps and missteps. However it is these same people that are somehow put together with such divine intent, as if it were written in stone and set to happen. The people you meet working for the Hudson's Bay are what keep you motivated to be happy, healthy and strong. It helps us to drive the brand name harder and better with joy in our souls, and no better way to do that then with colleagues and similar needs and wants.
Pros
Great team building opprtunities
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement
Dedicated at job, hardworker
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 12, 2016
It was a pleasure to work at Hudson's Bay. I was working in Customer Service. I like to talk people and give them best service. Co Worker are very friendly and co-operative. Management team is very friendly and excellent. I learned what customer needs and talk with polite manners even with angry customer handle with polite.
Relaxed and friendly work environment
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Managers were great, very nice and was available to their staff. They made you feel very relaxed. Other employees were all so funny and had the most easygoing personalities, making our shifts even better because you develop friendships with them. I had a lot of good laughs and memorable moments. There are several times where I customer extended their gratitude towards me for my customer service and that's always a good feeling!
Good job for me
order picker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Its good company and typical to my day to day work place because its near to my address. environment is very good they have a good sense of humor when it comes to work and very friendly employee and supervisors. I ve learned to much experience when it comes paced environment. Hopefully soon i will be back to work with them.
Pros
good space for lunch room
Cons
10hrs work is too long but is good 4 days a week only.
Fun workplace with talent recognition
Sales Associate - Retail (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 6, 2016
The Hudson's Bay is a great place to work especially as a student with requirements of rotational shifts as the managers are very friendly and reliable in providing the sufficient amount of hours to suit your needs. Working at The Bay you can expect to be a part of a very fast paced environment especially during the holiday season which has it's own benefits. If helping customers in various departments of the store is something that may interest an individual, I definitely suggest taking the steps to becoming an employee of the team.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Low pay compared to other departmental stores
Over all I was happy to work that with that company, althouw salary was not satisfactory but their customer service is excellient.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 11, 2016
working with this company I have learned how to present your the best product to the customer. How to approach to a customer and convinces the to buy the products.co worker was very cooperative, especially in busy season.
Decent place to work, a bit unorganized in terms of management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 3, 2016
A typical day at work involved keeping the men's clothing looking organized, and clean.
I learned how to find new tasks to keep myself busy, how to operate a different Point of Sales system.
Management is alright, they are good at what they do but sometimes lack in certain areas.
Hardest part of the job would be to be on your feet at all times, and dealing with customer problems.
It was enjoyable to work with other co-workers on the sales floor. They definitely make up for the issues experiences.
enjoyed working with managers, Associate and helping customers and
Team Leader / Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 14, 2016
I am people person and enjoyed every moment of it. They expect from you a lot and not paying enough. Every managers and associates were happy with my support and help which I provided whenever they needed including working on my day off.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Not enough pay.
Friendly Environment. Poor salary.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 31, 2016
I have worked for the company for almost 4 years with a full time position, work is steady, friendly enviroment, as negative aspects, there are not opportunities to grow in the Company and depending the`position the schedule is not too flexible.
Pros
Easy to get hired.
Cons
Poor training, poor management.