Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Caissière et service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 December 2016
On a regular day, i'd go in, swipe my card and go on the floor. I didn't get much training, it was mostly trial and error. Loved the people I worked with, it made it easy. We would put clothes away, do cash and clean up if necessary. They often times understaffed. Managers were a little pushy when it came to credit card sales and uniform. It wasn't the best but it was still a job.
Pros
great co workers, work wasn't too demanding.
Cons
schedule was given really late. Managers were unorganized.
Good for part time - stay in school!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2016
Overall give 2/5 stars.
Absent/distracted management with high expectations. Depends on the department but busier departments deal with a lot of verbal abuse from customers, and little backup from management. Long hours (closing and opening), no benefits or overtime, only time and a half paid on holidays. Co-workers can be very selfish and not work as a team, only independently. Can meet very sweet customers but 6/10 very rude and entitled! Retail teaches you how important it is to go to school!! If you take on retail in general be prepared to be spread thin and pulled in a million different directions at times + to be thrown on the floor with no training and with co-workers who 90% of the time don't want to train you. General manager needs to mind who he/she trusts as managers more.
My time working there was very enjoyable
Men's Wear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 December 2016
I was a fun job but very task heavy, I can honestly say I would love to work there again. Days were long and tiring but the co-workers help you get through the shift with their up beat attitudes. I will be re-applying.
Pros
Co-Workers are lovely people
Cons
Many Visits from higher ups
Fun workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2016
Fun workplace good busy environments get hectic but awesome job sre alot of new stuff I just really loved it ,meeting alot of new people and that gets stressful but I could handle it just well
It is a nice to grow me up
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2016
greeting customer and helping them to find what they need. I got a lot of fun every day. Helping others and growing my selp
fun place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 December 2016
Unloaded trucks, moved merchandise to different departments. Place product onto the floor or in the stock room. Busy store around sales and Christmas.
Pros
meetings and lunches provided
Cons
not enough hours
Enjoyable work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 December 2016
A typical day at work is helping customers find the clothes that fit them so that they look amazing in each outfit. Working with the Point of sale system signing in and doing the daily deposit. Management is always there to help when help is needed and easy to work for. They try to make each day enjoyable. Coworkers are always great with working as a team. The hardest part of my job is trying to track down that piece of clothing that the customer wants to purchase and it is at a different location. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. They always are wonderful to help and they always make my day fun and enjoyable
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
not enough hours
great part time job
Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 November 2016
good company to work for if you need to balance life and work pay is not the greatest managers are ok made some good friends over the years
Ideal job for the lazy
Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2016
Credit acquisitions keep this sad facade of a company going.
Ability to sign up a couple of new account holders per shift is all that is required here. Many credit card 'superstars' are given lots of shifts and hours when they rarely do anything else leaving the other poor souls on shift with them having to do double the work.
Lots of talk about 'great customer service' but the staffing rarely makes that possible.
Pros
A few hard working co-workers
Cons
Credit card sign ups, lack of manager visibility
Great company to work
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Very busy and a lot to learn, Good location and very nice co-worker
Hardest part of the job was that management changed every couple of months and was ongoing explaining my to in the company and adapting new role and responsibility
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Nice opportunity to get experience in customer services.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB25 November 2016
Good experience in customer service.Very nice and good quality management. Strong team work. Flexible scheduling. Easy to learn and make compromise at the work place. Strong and very successful environment. Proper dress code.
Holiday Helper
Holiday Helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 November 2016
Fun seasonal job!
I helped with seasonal sales, meaning there was a focusing sale each day and we were each assigned to a specific place.
Customer Service - helped customers get around!
No room to grow,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
flexible hours, consistent, achievable budgets, no room for growth, rarely hires with in, not goo with giving raises.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no room for growth and development
Review from previous work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queen Street15 November 2016
Wonderful, Everyone is very cooperative and helping attitude, Cares their employees and always work with honesty and integrity.

They always maintain work culture and safety in the workplace.
bay
Sales Associate, Men's Coats (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON11 November 2016
Great Job learned a lot work lots of hours friendly upper management made all employees feel valued and continually gave us random rewards which gave us incentives to produce better
nice to work there,
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2016
worked there just seasonal but enjoyed to work there. Lots of time direct dealing with the customers.. Never had any issues with the management. Lots to learn there but changed the job because of the family.
Bad
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Warden, ON8 November 2016
Too tiring, 10 hours shifts, ten hours of walking, sore feet. Minimum wage not worth it. A lot of problems with their RF scanners, hard to even find one. Management push to do more units per hour not taking into consideration that you're on your feet for ten hours. Management not friendly. Very sad to do this hard labor for minimum wage.
Pros
Work 4 days 3 days off
Cons
Too tiring
Excellent place to work
Field Placement Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
Hudson's bay is a great place to start a career. Great and kind staff. Highly recommend working here. I really enjoyed working at the bay as an intern.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
This job taught me that customer service is not an easy job and not all customers are the same. The rules they teach you does not work in real life as every situation is different. This job taught me the ways i need to learn to adapt and handle different situation at any given moment.
Not a fun place to work
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
Long shifts long days sore feet unfriendly supervisors really not a good place to work it's depressing to work here. The pay is not good enough for the work you have to do which is also a big downside
Pros
Cons
Long hours on your feet