Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,081 reviews matching the search
Good
Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2017
Everything! The people are all super nice and friendly, probably because we are all treated with respect. Really relaxed, family style atmosphere but doesn't stop your ability to work like some places. Great benefits and snacks/drinks provided. Management really take the time to talk to everyone and listen to opinions. Training budget is great and you are encouraged to use it.
Productive place to work at
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 September 2017
Great place to work at
Everyday it is very quiet which can be a little frustrating.
Standing all day long which makes the shifts even longer but overall a job place to work at
Although a company with a great vision, many lay-off in recent times
PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
- good work life balance with crazy deadlines at times
- Management - met with a few great leaders, brilliant yet very humble however they do have quite a few wrong people leading team having no business knowledge or right skill sets
Pros
All inclusive benifits
Retail environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
HBC seems to have made it a requirement of management that individuals have poor interpersonal skills. They tend to hire great people in their general staff and then chase them away. Individual manager was great to work with and supportive but Store Manager and secondary Managers are not pleasant to interact with.

Information is given at morning meeting that does not get conveyed to staff who never open the store, then little grace is given if you are not aware of policy changes or other changes. I have been chewed out a number of times by upper management who does not accept that mistakes are made out of ignorance. Ex. 4 months after a policy requiring name tags to be worn over the heart which I was never informed (and there is no mechanism to inform on this policy apart from the general morning meeting) I was verbally reprimanded in front of customers and peers.
Pros
They encourage breaks
Cons
terrible pay for the hours worked
I participated in different products knowledge show with the management and coworkers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 September 2017
I am available to work any weekdays and weekend. Advise customers on purchases and provide excellent customer service.
Engage and interact with customers in accordance with the GREAT
(Get Ready, Engage, Add Value and Transact) service model.
Postive workspace.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON18 September 2017
Hudson's Bay was a study in contrasts. A very customer focused environment with few tools meet the focus. Investment is needed from both a staffing and hardware perspective from the corporate level to ensure the stores remain nimble and able to deliver financial results. .
work review
A Cosmetic Floater (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
I have been working at Bay as a cosmetic floater and providing personal customized services and help promotions, organize inventories and any calls from every counter.
I have leraned lots of precious experiences based on the cosmetic product knowledges, ingredients, benefits and features of a product.
I am majoring Cosmetic Technologh and Management at Seneca and work together so I can learn more deeply at a real cosmetic industry and can help customers with my passion.
Friendly workers
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  100 Metroplolitan rd16 September 2017
People are very helpful. When a new employee joined to work, they help the new employer and guide them to succeed in their field. Supervisors are friendly with workers, they do not pressure or stress employee to do a task.
Pros
BBQ event
Cons
short break
Corporate Feel
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2017
it was Excellent Working with THE BAY , But as my home was a bit far from my work and daily hassle of reaching downtown in the morning was not a good thing
Great Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 September 2017
Great place to work, Associates are fun, Each day is eventful. Never a dull moment except slow days but which company doesn't have slow days.
Fast pace during the holidays

Want to know more about Hudson's Bay Company?

Ask a question
4. not very happy about this company period
5.no medical benefits
6. HR don't even send email when their suppose to
environment de travail agreable
associate a la vente chez Hudson's Bay Company (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC10 September 2017
Je fais partie d'une équipe dynamique qui offre un très bon service en respectant les règles proposées de La Baie et les défi de jour .
Pros
stable
Cons
les assurance
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 September 2017
loved working here. staff and residents were amazing to work with on a day to day basis. I learned a lot from everyone there unfortunately I had to leave there because of the distance I had to travel daily.
Part of Canadian history
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2017
A very large Canadian company that has had many positive periods in it's long and storied past.
Many leaders have lead successful terms for Hudson's Bay and many individuals have experienced great growth within the company.
nice environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 September 2017
good company, nice staff, very friendly people. however the hours can be a bit ridiculous sometimes and it was hard for me because i was in school as well. also, they tend to call you in for a lot of extra shifts but overall good experience
Learned a lot
Marketing and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2017
Enjoyed working with the people and interacting with the public while stocking shelves, and cashier duties.
The management was fair and I worked full time hours.
Great Team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 September 2017
Very nice place to work. Both management and staff are very friendly and it provides the opportunity for meeting and greeting customers from diverse cultures and backgrounds
Pros
Pleasant Enviroment
Cons
Low salary
Dresses Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 September 2017
A very friendly environment. There is always something to do on the floor. Very flexible with hours if your in school or have another job. The hardest is that I find were short of staff which can be hard to manage if it's during a weekend. However, Management tries to make it work.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
Short of staff
Great People to work with.
Sales Associate Ladies Wear (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 September 2017
The people at Hudson Bay are amazing. There is a bit of work to do in terms of the way they schedule and how they pay.

There is a lot of hard working people who are not receiving there worth in pay.
Desk job
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2017
Great company I have worked for at the time, the best environment, exciting projects, nice people, very diverse culture, unbelievably diverse and good pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Hudson's Bay Company Reviews by Location