Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews in Canada

Not Applicable
Infrastructure & Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2016
Not Applicable at this time. Would not rate at this time due to privacy concerns.
Some brief notes in general:

Work is hectic.Bonus is not at par or none when compared with other companies, Extended health coverage is sub par compared to other companies. Could do better. Management is US based.
Cons
fun coworkers and interesting job projects
Shipper/ Receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2016
I always know what my basic job will be and what is expected of me, but there are also lots of variety of work in different capacities that use any and all of my skills on a day to day basis. it is impossible to be bored on the job and the workdays often seem to fly by.
Decent work environment with friendly coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 16, 2016
Some weekdays at work were quiet while weekends were usually busier and work was based on 100% commission. This kind of work environment helped improve socialization skills and also multitasking skills during busy work hours. The hardest part of the job was sometimes maintaining quota during slow days. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with coworkers and customers. Co-workers were easily approachable and very sociable, maintaining very positive attitudes. Management at work was also decent and fair.
A great place to work with great people
Associate Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
I looked forward to going to work everyday, always learning something. Always room for advancement. My immediate supervisors were always encouraging
Very demanding physically
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2016
Not being an athletic person, hinders your ability to work in this job. The job descrption states you'd have to lift up to 50lbs, that was a lie, a normal day you'd only have to lift products that were 50lbs and typically proceed to lift 50lbs plus items. 70 pounds was a common occurrence. You're expected to lift this items and pack them in trailers like a game of tetris and not expected to fall and break your knees in the process.
Pros
Long lunches, later start time
Cons
Extremely heavy lifting
Great team
Hand bags sales associate (Former Employee) –  OttawaMay 8, 2016
Good team to work with, was always there when I needed them. Some times managers tend to get very rude but overall it was a great place to work at.
Enjoyable workplace, great co-workers, good environment.
In-Store Marketing Team (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 5, 2016
Being that I just come on Sunday's now, I usually work with the price changing team and go around the store doing mark ups/mark downs with the printer and scanner given to us. My co-workers are easy to work with and we all get along, which makes the job more fun. Previously before I gave up hours during the week (Monday-Friday) due to school, I worked with the in-store marketing team. We spent our days ensuring everything was presented the way we were guided by the marketing manager, re-stocked items constantly and re-arranged things daily.
Pros
Paid brea
Fun and Productive
Holiday Helper (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMay 4, 2016
I was able to communicate with customers and learn about them, while also helping them find the merchandise the favor. In addition, I was maintaining a clean environment that is both suitable for the customers and everyone else who visit.
Productive and fun place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, CanterburyMay 2, 2016
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge by working at Hudson's Bay Company. All the co-workers were very helpful and great team members.
Excellent work place , great people and fun loving manegment
Counter Business Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
I have completed and coached SRA ( Selative Rtail Accademy) which is the most Prestigious Course offered by L'oreal Lancome Luxe. I have also successfully completed and coached the BAR (Beauty Advisor Revolution Program) with in the L'oreal Lancome Luxe. I play a critical role in development of Business by coaching, monitoring, evaluating and reporting the sales associates team of ten to fifteen (beauty advisors). I am also responsible for all the communication between the L'oreal Lancome Luxe and Hudson's Bay senior management team. I have build excellent report with all the level of Management team and co- workers. we believe at L'oreal Lancome Luxe and hudson's bay the work life balance and cherishing each moment to deliver excellence in servicing the guest.
I have embeded the culture of L'oreal Lancome Luxe and Hudson's Bay with in my sales team and myself " that every guest who shopped with us lives happier than they came in." I truly love and honor the heritage for both organization.
Pros
Free Gratis and many perks
Great environment.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 26, 2016
Got along well with coworkers, respectful and kind.
Managers were great, and friendly.
Enjoyed interacting with customers.
Good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2016
- Nice place to work if you like retail. Daily tasks, greet customers, process sales and clean up around your service desk.

- co worker are friendly

-hardest part of the job is trying to sell credit cards to customers who don't want them

-most enjoyable: nice place to work, and good environment.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Managment
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
Management is great and my co-workers are super sweet and friendly. A typical day at work will be organizing the store, making sure the store is clean, the racks are neat and arranged by designers, colors and sizes.
Pros
great team
Cons
the building needs maintenance everything is falling apart
I wouldn't recommend for any one who is thinking about their future career to work in HBC
Logistics Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 22, 2016
Management has no clue what they are doing and people are picked on based on who likes you and who doesn't. I am waiting to exit the Vancouver Logistic Center due to very difficulty circumstance at the workplace.

I have missed previous management team i have for but i know for a fact i will never miss these people here.

If HBC wants to stay relevant they must change their leadership at the level of DC managers all the way up to their SVP.
Pros
Absolutely nothing .
Cons
under paid over worked and to make matter worst they hire people with no skills to manage others.
great environment flexible with hours and shifts
VISUAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 21, 2016
great for students or second jobs. but great steady work environment always busy with something and great team environment.
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Fast paced
Friendly
Great work environment
Enjoyable
Great team
Supportive
Growth
Everyday is a different day with different situations occurring
somewhat satisfactory
Retail Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 21, 2016
Too many people working too few hours.

People kept on seemed to be selected per favouritism rather than the correct process of hiring staff as mandated through gov't standards..
Very productive and engaging workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2016
I was able to leverage my communication skills and gained experience with customer service. My co-workers were helpful and very approachable, which made my overall work experience comfortable.
Pros
Commission plus base salary
Cons
Short hour shift
management in hudson'a bay
Men's Wear Dept Mgr (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 16, 2016
managing employees, scheduling, inventory, marketing strategies, coaching/training employees, difficult customers looking for discount.
bonuses for exceeding the sales target.
Pros
bonus
Professional Yet Fun
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 13, 2016
although i worked there for a short time, HBC was a fun, friendly place with many nice co-workers who are willing to help you out as much as they help their customers