Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun fast paced work place with lots of opportunity's.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MB 1485 portageJuly 21, 2014
Pros: staff party's and hour long lunches
Cons: early mornings
A typical day starts with letting in the cleaners, followed by letting the delivery trucks in and receiving packages in to the system.

I learned how to be a team leader and the in's and out's of shipping and receiving.

The management at the Bay is excellent. My manager always lets me know when I'm doing a good job and if I ever need a day off its – more... never a problem.

My co-workers are hard working, enthusiastic and make work very enjoyable.

The hardest part of my job is moving big fixtures.

The most best part of my job is it always keeps me on my feet and never gets boring. – less
Productive and fun work place with satisfying employee discounts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great employee discounts
Cons: hard work, minimum wage
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at The Hudson's Bay Company. When I first started, I was placed in the Men's Wear department, which was an extremely busy section of the store. My co-workers became a second family to me and we all enjoyed our time together while maintaining a productive working environment.

Tasks included cleaning out the fitting – more... rooms, folding dress shirts back together, returning items back on to the floor, handling transactions on the cash register, opening new credit card accounts for customers, and accepting credit and debit payments.

After working at Men's Wear for nearly two years I was transferred to Lingerie where I completed training to fit customer's for undergarments. – less
horrible company
Asset Protection Investigator (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 14, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: no trust
I worked in their Asset Protection dept. I can honestly tell you this company does not trust their staff. They hound their Asset Protection people to catch staff either breaking policy or stealing. If you don't they question why your not getting any internal cases. If you work for this company look up at the cameras and I am willing to bet at some point – more... you will see them pointed at your cash desk cuz they are watching every single thing you do. – less
The Bay
Holiday helper (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2014
The Bay was an enjoyable environment to work in. There were no cons on this job. The co-workers were really friendly and excited to be around. A typical day at work will be to help customers to find what they're looking for. this includes, clothing shoes etc. I've learned a lot from working at the bay including teamwork. Teamwork was a major factor – more... in the Bay. Working with other co-workers made it a more friendly environment. – less
Sales & Customer Service
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 7, 2014
-great employees to work with
-very fast paced and fun environment
bay
Assistant Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), torontoJuly 2, 2014
great place to work , they do not pay enough . you have to stay long after your shift is done to clean up. management does care much about employee
Fast-paced and fun working environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 28, 2014
Pros: friendly group of associates
Cons: long hours
A typical day would involve me welcoming customers and asking them if I could assist them in any way. I'd also let them know if we had any special sales going on, and remind them we have a changing room if they'd like to try anything on. If I wasn't busy with a customer I'd either be at the cash register, or walking around the store to see if things – more... needed to be put away or organized.

My co-workers were very helpful when I had any questions and were also friendly. This seasonal position could have been mine permanently, but at the time school was conflicting and my manager wasn't able to give me the time off, which was why I had to resign. My co-workers gave me great advice on what I should do, and ultimately school was my first priority so I decided it was best to focus my time on that, and return to work when I felt ready. That was probably the hardest decision I had to make during my time at the Hudson's Bay Company.

All in all, I enjoyed my time at the Hudson's Bay Company, and learned a lot about retail and a lot about myself. What I really appreciated about the job was that most things I learned I could also apply to my future employment positions. I also loved the fact that just by being helpful and friendly to customers, they took great appreciation and really seemed genuinely grateful for my help. – less
Fun/Friendly people
Babysitting (Casual) (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 28, 2014
The people were fun and friendly but the jobs that i have done were volunteer
Department Store Work As Expected
Sales Associate in Shoes and Menswear (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONJune 26, 2014
Hudson's Bay is by no means a bad place to work. The management is often understanding and friendly, and is certainly an excellent foot in the door for other retail opportunities. The most difficult part of the job is the requirement of pushing store credit cards onto the customer, while having to ask multiple other questions. The position is minimum – more... wage, as can be expected in this line of work, and does not offer commission or other benefits. In this position, I have learned how to better gauge customer needs and desires, and how to approach these. – less
Asset Protection Dept.
Asset Protection Investigator (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 25, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: list could go on & on & on.
Unless u like doing large amounts of paper work then getting questioned why ur not making arrests this is not the job for u. There is audit after audit after audit including checking hundreds of items a day to check EAS tagging compliance, stock room audits, cash desk audits, fitting room audits and so on. All this paperwork and they pester u to be – more... out there catching people. How is that possible when my eyes are always glued to the computer our a clip board full of papers? They expect u to baby sit staff to make sure they are in compliance with company policies which in my opinion should be the management teams job to do. Part of this baby sitting of staff includes reading these reports they release once a week that shows what staff are up to including if they redeem gift cards. They do not trust their staff one bit & They are constantly pushing their Asset Protection people to catch an associate doing something wrong. If u don't they then question why u haven't gotten any internal cases. And if u do catch someone doing something wrong they typically tell u to pick ur battles or tell u that ur wasting to much time chasing non sense. Asset Protection starts at $15/hr with a 15-20 cent raise once a year. Usually around July Is when they give raises so if u start just before July u still get a raise typically otherwise u could be waiting up to a year for a raise. U can not discuss ur wages with anyone period or they will terminate u for it. The Kamloops store is a union store and the union is a serious pain in the a** to work around. When Asset Protection attempts to enforce policies which associates sign off on these policies once a year the union gets involved and starts barking at u about what u can & can not do. On a few occasions the shop steward tore a strip off me for using the cameras to watch staffs activities telling me I'm not allowed to use cameras to watch staff. I continued to do it cuz she had nothing in writing saying we weren't allowed. When it comes to the union I can honestly say smokers are favored over non smokers. Makes sense since the union reps and shop steward in the Kamloops store are all smokers. Right now is inventory time so starting right now would be a bad ideas unless u wanna work until 2-4am for a week babysitting staff while they conduct inventory. I would wait until the end of July to apply for any Asset Protection position with this company. If u take this position u will definitely have ur work cut out for u & I can guarantee u won't stay long. I've seen the way the company & managers treat staff and they don't treat their Asset Protection people any different. Good luck. U'll need it. – less
Friendly Environment
Gift Registry Assistant (Former Employee), vancouverJune 24, 2014
I enjoyed my years working here because everyone was really
friendly. At some point I almost felt like I was treated as family
by some employees. The company started cutting back hours and laying off people so that is when i felt like it was time to find myself new career.
Beautiful the BAY downtown vancouver
Counter Manager/Fragrances Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 23, 2014
after renovations ,BAY Vancouver is a beautiful place to work and shop,great people to work with.
Fast Paced and High Energy Environment
Merchandise Movement Team (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2014
For Hudson's Bay I had to wear "Many Hats" as I had to fill many positions day to day. I have to always be on the ball, and when a different position needed filling at any time, I have to be ready to make the switch at any given time. At any given time I can be assisting with receiving the daily trailer, processing and merchandising product on the sales – more... floor in all departments, changing or printing points on products, pick and pack orders for customers that have been pre-bought (matching SKU's / UPC's) style numbers, description, color and size), assisting in the yearly inventory count, updating and manifesting product that needs to be manually updated in the system, processing store-to-store transfers, daily operations / maintenance duties, and keeping stockrooms and fixture rooms organized and safe. – less
Boring and Sucks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BramptonJune 17, 2014
Cons: short breaks, no time to eat, long hours
I would get in and work for 4 hours and only get a 15 min break, no time to eat in 15 mins especially if you go to school in the morning then straight to work, co-workers are nice. I learned customer service skills. Management is okay, there are barley any people on the floor to help people.
Makeup Lessons, Fallowing up with clients
Bobbi Brown Makeup Artist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: trainning
Cons: when it's not busy
My counter is very busy, we have makeup lessons booked daily, we have to answer the phone for questions, book appointments, Take care of all walk up clientele. We have to do stock replenishment from the stock room and make sure that have an updated out of stock list. We send out orders to clients to their homes.
Productive, Fun, and Safe Work Place
Sales associate (Current Employee), Dartmouth, NSJune 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers are happy and satisfied for the purchasing experience. My managers and co-workers are nice people and we are a good team working for a same goal.
Opportunity to gain experience.
Pension Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 8, 2014
Gave me the opportunity to gain experience and advance in my career.
I enjoyed working there for the most part.
Esthetician/Counter Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 8, 2014
I enjoyed working with the ladies in my department. I had a very loyal clientele.
Great place to earn managerial skills while learning
Sales Associate (PT) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 4, 2014
Pros: product knowledge, customer satisfaction
Cons: taking on too much without delegating
Great setting to empathize with customers while increasing sales.
START & END YOUR DAY WITH A BIG SMILE
BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Laval, QCMay 27, 2014
BEING A CHEF COUNTER , IS A BIG RESPONSIBILITY ... ONE SHOULD BE ADAPTED TO DO IT & SUCCEED . WORK TEAM IS GREAT & HELP ME TO IMPROVE MY SKILLS . COSTUMER SERVICE SHOULD BE ALWAYS IN PRIORITY . TREATING COSTUMERS AS VIP IS ONE OF THE BEST PART OF MY WORK.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company (HBC), founded in 1670, is North America's longest continually operated company. Today, HBC offers customers – Read more