Hub International Employee Reviews

Not a good company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  British Columbia19 June 2017
LOTS OF WORK- very little pay. Expect a 0 life/work balance. It is all about pushing through the clients with no thought for their employees. Management turns a blind eye. Very little pay. Good place to start and then jump to something else within 1 year. Wouldn't reccomend this company
Pros
It is a job
A typical work day
Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC29 March 2017
Pretty much a normal day in the life of an IT guy. You usually start the morning providing support to the end users and management as needed via email, chat or phone. It was a family environment with a good relationship with the other employees and co workers. I enjoyed the team I was with as we were all there to help eachother and keep the business functioning from a technology stand point.

The hardest part of the job was keeping a work/life balance as current technology makes it so easy to stay connected to work even once the day is over.

I enjoyed my time with HUB and hope to find a similar environment one day.
Pros
Family environment.
Cons
Hard to find a work/life balance
Bad Management / Pressure
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
I spent my entire time there looking over my shoulder. Everyone seemed to be in a hurry. My manager talked out of both sides of the mouth and sanctioned bullying. Glad to be gone.
Pros
Lots of meetings
Cons
bullying
very unprofessional
AUTO INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 March 2017
management was never there, children were running the business, and not too professional on the training, management were lazy. i was over worked under paid.
Good culture unfair wage
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  British Columbia20 December 2016
I worked for Hub for two years. The turn over is very high. Due to the job demands versus the pay. The more people quit the more work is on your lap. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable company to work for.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 November 2016
A great opportunity to learn more about the accounting world from a very unique perspective. It is a large company with many different aspects to learn from
Do not apply to this company
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 October 2016
I worked at the Oakville location and this was the worst job I've ever had. You feel like a slave, everyone is miserable and management is brutal. Everyone is walking on egg shells and nobody stays here long.DO NOT wast your time applying here. They don't pay well either.
Benefits
Cons
Slave Drivers
Fun and Relax environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 August 2016
My Team was awesome, amazing controller and supervisor, able to learn a thing or two but do not expect much growth but definitely relax environment don't expect a competitive salary.
Ce que j'ai appris
Adjointe (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 March 2016
J'ai appris à être autonome dans mon travail. J'ai aimer travailler avec une équipe dynamique. Ils m'ont beaucoup appris au point de vue professionel.
Good company
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 February 2016
Good company to work for. Decent support structure. Average marketing department. Good training program for new employees.
Pay is average.
good company
Auto Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2015
Company was good to work for. Great Benefits, not enough communications between management. Great place depending on location, you are working for.
enjoy working in a busy environment
Account Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauag27 November 2014
meet requirements, work and get things done on time, work as team , adapt systems changes until succeed, always take the initiative, efforts, contribution, and most of all co-operation and communication, enjoyable part is work independently with or without supervision, acts quickly and take initiative, I always work in advance and meet deadlines.
Very unprofessional management
Personal Lines Account Manager (Insurance Broker) (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB12 November 2014
I am referring to the Drayton Valley office- the management is very unprofessional and the office staff are very cliquey. The Manager hires and fires due to "gut" feelings so I wouldnt suggest this job if you want job security- worst place I ever worked! However as a company and a job Hub was a great experience- just stay away from the DV office!
Pros
good pay, good hours
Cons
no job security- very unprofessional staff
Helping clients find solutions to their personal insurance needs through an honest, fast , accurate and personalized service.
Personal Insurance Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2014
Accomplished insurance sales advisor having developed 300 new customers for 2013 through personal marketing initiatives and networking activities. As a result, established a new record for having exceeded the $100,000 annual sales commission in 2013, thus awarded the 2013 Silver Sharp Award for sales performance.
A day at Hub
Commercial Lines Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 May 2013
Hub International is a great company with a work/life balance as part of their core values. Oneo f the best companies I have worked for.