Hub International Limited

Hub International Limited Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A day at Hub
Commercial Lines Technical Service Representative (Current Employee), Oakville, ONMay 13, 2013
Hub International is a great company with a work/life balance as part of their core values. Oneo f the best companies I have worked for.
Hub Review
Account Executive, HUB Northeast (Current Employee), NJJune 26, 2014
Pros: pay, hour lunch, flexible work hours
Cons: no team environment, unfriendly staff, outdated technology
The team I work with is very experienced but very set in their ways and did not make me feel like a member of the team. The office is quiet and dull and the staff is old. Very dated feel to it and technology used is dated as well. My manager was fine but the senior staff was rude and abrasive at time which doesn't make for an enjoyable day. Would not – more... recommend this place to anyone but could just be that I've had a bad experience. – less
very stable company to work for
IT Site Manager (Current Employee), Missoula, MTMarch 18, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: travel
Responsibility includes day-to-day user support for MT, ID, WY, and ND(300+ users) and regular network design/implementation;
• Personal lines download retrieval and processing of insurance policy information
• Hardware/Software implementation, and maintenance.
• Providing phone/onsite support for a wide variety of problems ranging from configuring – more... software, hardware failures, network failures and network printing issues to name a few.
• Work with vendors on the purchasing and support of business related items.
• Train users in the use of Windows XP/Win7 and Office 2000/2003/2007 products for automation of the Insurance Agencies.
• Provide systems administration on Windows 2003/2008 server Active Directory, Windows 7/XP machines.
• Implementation of VOIP Shoretel system for our user base of 220.
• Provide Setup, maintenance, and support of our Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 farm. – less
Interesting and fun environment with creative appreciation
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 17, 2014
Pros: appreciation lunches
Cons: inconsistent training and procedures
Each day began with reviewing and prioritizing the current work load. We then managed the assignment queues and coordinated with account managers to best service client needs. My co-workers were easily available via instant messaging to assist with questions. I most enjoyed the atmosphere where the company wanted workers to know their work was noticed – more... and appreciated. The most difficult part was entering a new position within the company that had no set training program. – less
Great insurance broker, have learned a lot.
Assistant Account Manager - Construction Solutions (Current Employee), Fall River, MAFebruary 11, 2014
One of the top insurance brokers in the country, have the ability to work with some of the best.
Great Workplace
Direct Bill Accountant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
I loved my job at Hub, I just wish i had the chance to learn new things, Manangement needs to work more with her team, then just relying on run person, I loved the people i worked with.
It used to be a great place to work
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Coppell TexasDecember 20, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: expensive benefits, poor management
I worked for HUB in Coppell for 10 yrs. It used to be a great place to work but has gone downhill the last 3 years. I see the other reviews of this office and none of them are familiar. There wasn't anyone that worked for that department where their spouse had to move. Bogus review? Who knows. Good luck with a manager that actually cares about their – more... employees. They are far and few between. Everyone complains about the office politics but the moment I mention it to upper management about the issues I'm suddenly the only one they know of that is "unhappy". How am I the only one unhappy if the office had a total of 15 employees leave in a little over a year? For an office of 50 those aren't great odds. The extension list got smaller with every revision. Good luck in this position if you apply. They no longer give out yearly raises. They gave up on those 3-4 years ago. – less
Temporary Position
Mailroom/CSR (Former Employee), Coppell, TXOctober 27, 2013
Pros: little to no supervision
Cons: monotonous daily work
Stuff envelopes and run mail through postage machine. I worked directly with the mailroom supervisor, and helped with shipping of products via FedEx and UPS.
productive and professional
Assisant Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: healthcare, fun/relaxed environment, professional, reasonable
Cons: slow work pace, not a lot of work to be done, a lot of down time
Hub International was a wonderful company to work for. The management was incredible and very fair. The work atmosphere was exactly how a corporate place should be. Everyone was friendly, motivated, and successful with what their job entailed. I loved working for Hub. It was a very professional, well rounded company to work for that showed me what corporate – more... world is about. I learned so much by working for them. There was a lot of room for advancement and the benefits were great. They treat their employees very well. – less
Productive and great mentors to gain experience from
Accountant II (Current Employee), Riverside, CaliforniaSeptember 6, 2013
Fast paced work environment with knowledgeable mentors and easy to talk to management
reseptionist
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Holland, MISeptember 1, 2013
Answer phones, greeted clients, my daily routine was consistent. I made sure the mail was sent out. Also updated files in computers. My co workers were very knowledgeable of the insurance business. They were easy to work well with and had a good Christian based feel on how things should be in our everyday life.
Job Description Did Not Accurately Capture Position
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee), Metairie, LAAugust 16, 2013
Pros: great benefits and compensation, excellent supervisor
Cons: difficult hours and co-workers, demanding position
HUB is a great company to work for as far as compensation and benefits. However, the work schedule is very demanding. You are expected to answer all emails in a "timely manner", meaning even if you receive an email at 5pm on a Saturday, you must answer immediately. You are expected to work 7 days a week, even though the job description does not say – more... so. The description of the wellness coordinator position is not accurate. This company needs graphic designers, not wellness coordinators. They strive on customer service and do expect a candidate to have a high level of this. You are expected to have an answer for everything within a short amount of time when dealing with outside vendors of which you are constantly waiting on because they feel you are competition. The director of the wellness department is excellent, but you will also find this person killing themselves to stay afloat due to demands of the company.
HUB offers assistance to those who may need organizational guidance but does not follow through. They are very broad with their role definitions and expect A LOT from just one person.
I personally found myself working 7 days a week, on vacation, not sleeping, answering emails at 4am, and generally not happy with the position. The catch is, they will let you go (terminate), with no severance, and with no real explanation except you weren't meeting requirements. This is hard to establish when a role is not clearly defined and promised guidance was not delivered.
The CEO of this the Gulf South Region is a wonderful person. It is the rest of the staff who make this place unbearable and you feel like you are constantly walking on eggshells. Not a recommended company unless you apply out of the Gulf South region. – less
Productive result driven company
Associate Client Manager (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 11, 2013
Pros: benefits, leaders way
Cons: compensation
Hub International is a very large company. Like many large companies things move very quickly and there are a LOT of things to be done. Working with multiple locations, multiple carriers, and multiple companies can be very stressful and put a toll on you. Hub does a great job at training their employees about themselves and others through LeadersWay. – more... This program is fantastic. The hardest part of my day is working with mutliple people, multiple carriers and multiple companies and getting things done as quickly and accurately as possible. The most enjoyable part of my day is when someone is truely greatful for the things I do. – less
A day at work
Career Receptionist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: love the work
Cons: having to open the glass doors for employees all the time.
I do enjoy what I do and I'm learning a lot about this industrie. What I enjoy the most is when I'm able to help a client.
An experience, for sure.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce City, COJanuary 23, 2013
It was always an interesting day at work to say the least. The rest of the staff had been there for years and years, so it was difficult being the newbie in the office, but I managed just fine.
Unethical practices and poor leadership
PL (Former Employee), FloridaDecember 18, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits. great clients
Cons: poor leadership, lack of culture, lack of integrity
When I told my leader about unethical and illegal practices I observed in one of the offices, I was told I could not change it so ignore it. No wonder they went from a publicly traded company to a private one when Wall Street started questioning their numbers. Culture is non-existant.
Co-workers were very professional and fun to work with
Commercial Lines Team Assistant (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIDecember 17, 2012
I enjoyed reviewing policies for accuracy since I am a detail oriented person. I learned about different coverages of insurance. My co-workers were very professional, but I also had fun working there.
Small close environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasDecember 12, 2012
Pros: laid back environment
Cons: non professional employees
The branch I worked at was very small and very casual. I loved the work I was giving and the opportunity to grow in my position.
The hardest of my job was the unprofessional people in the office cussing and running around bare foot
Data Processor in Coppell, TX (Former Employee)_
Data Processor (Former Employee), Coppell, TxNovember 29, 2012
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: location - depending on where you live
I worked as a data processor in Coppell. I was required to key 400 documents per day and no phone calls (whew!)and they did have a pay for performance program in place that allowed me to get paid up to an additional two dollars per hour quarterly. I had to do about 13,000 alpha numeric ksph. I really loved the job because they had flexible scheduling, – more... we worked Monday through Friday and the benefits were wonderful. I hated to leave but my better half had to leave Texas. I hope you get the job, you will love it! – less
Customer Service with Hub Internation
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coppell, TXNovember 4, 2012
Pros: good work acknowledgement
Cons: did not have any
Daily, I would answer phones and verify insurance coverage for both home and vehicle coverage that was purchased with loans from both credit unions and banks. I would advise both customers with the loans and the credit unions/banks what information was needed or coverage was needed for coverage.

I enjoyed my co-workers, we were a team that worked together,

I – more... loved this job, I enjoy helping people. – less

About Hub International Limited

Hub International is an insurance broker that operates more than 340 offices in a decentralized regional hub-and-satellite-office – Read more

Hub International Limited Photos