HSE Employee Reviews

review Fort McMurray
Coordinator, Badger Daylighting (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2017
A great company with lots of opportunities . Management and staff were respectful and great to work with. A new job brings excitement and can be a trying when learning new programs and processes. It all comes with a new job.
Pros
Great place
Cons
nil
workplace had a logo of injury free
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Khartoum6 February 2017
It was productive with workplace safety and security. Lots of technical and skills trainings.

Managers and employees had great relationship with respect and honesty.
Love my daily job, knowing I may be the reason someone goes home safe Is very awarding
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 November 2016
Being a HSE coordinator/ supervisor has been one of my greatest accomplishments. I have helped people physically and also mentally at times. Every time i am required to submit a JHA or Procedure to keep workers safe, I put everything I have and know in to it knowing that if one important step is missed, it could potentially cause a worker harm. No matter the task at hand Safety is number one. and working for such a great company that not only allows but enforces safety is amazing, the wealth of knowledge with the owners of his company is absolutely best to none. The experience I have gained from this company is remarkable.
Pros
People going home safe
Cons
their is none, unless you are working an outside project in the winter.
HSE Consultant and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 November 2016
all employees are encouraged to up there skill set, with some great in house training program.I have worked on both up stream and down stream projects through out Alberta, and the Nova Site is, with out a doubt the most Safety first company I have worked for.
Pros
Work balance the constant promoting of all upping skill sets.
Cons
Nill
Company vehicle provided,ability to work from home at times
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2016
This position allowed me to sometimes work from home, as well as a good balance of travel in a company provided vehicle. Also allowed me to learn more of the corporate side of the oil and gas industry in Calgary.
Pros
company vehicle, flexable hours.
Cons
I reside in Red Deer, the office is in Calgary.
Excellent Career and Wonderful Learnings
HSE Lead Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 July 2016
Great place to work with new challenges everyday. HSE is a"purpose-driven" career that is full of surprises. There are many fluent companies that drive for HSE excellence in today's industry.
New opportunities and change every day.
Director (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON16 May 2016
Typical 10-12 hour day. I coached HSE team members with writing program/procedures/RFQs/Pre-Qualification/COR activities/technical aspects, meet with top team on HSE proposals, met with managers to review incident investigations, to nudge them on COR compliance, and to give them practical solutions.

The easiest part of the job was finding improvement opportunities for the HSE program and safety culture, and teaching the HSE team on field level risk assessments, investigations, and application of HSE programs.

The hardest, but also the most fun part of the job was getting senior managers to put more time into HSE activities as a business value added proposition.

The second fun part was building a highly effective HSE team. The challenge was to overcome people saying this is not my job or I do not answer the phone after 5:00 for an incident. The excitement really played out when staff started owning tasks as their job and jumping on every incident to provide effective case management.

What I learned is that is that my team and I could shorten culture change from the standard 5-7 years despite some people having different sets of values and priorities by getting them started with checking the boxes, and then proudly standing back in a supportive role as they began to engage workers and started to believe in a zero incident culture .
Pros
Challenges and trying to beat the competition.
Cons
Staff turnover.
worst place ever
Slave (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 February 2016
This is a very racist and discriminatory place to work for, they do not even deserve one star. There is OHS / HR rules and regulations and there is MCFN rules and regulations. The most biased, nepoticious organist ion I have ever heard of.............if you are starving for work still stay away from this company
Null
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 February 2016
This system has brought me to this page but I have not worked for a company called HSE. This is very annoying to have to write about nothing.
Productive and a great environment
Safety Admin (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 November 2015
I have learned alot about the industry since i started here in April 2015. I really enjoy the work and the pace. My goal is to continue in this field and further my career with the knowledge i have learned.

Want to know more about HSE?

Ask a question
Being on multiple work sites around canada
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tiverton, ON21 August 2015
Supportive management, Training for all aspects of the job that is being preformed. Good benefits program and living allowance while away from home.
Excellent
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Canada20 August 2015
This job is what you make of it. It requires constant upgrading, and education. People skills are a must, as you'll require conducting meetings evaluating workers. Supervisors can be your best friend, or worse enemy.
Little work, very uncommunicative
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB30 June 2015
On the off chance they actually gave you a call to work, you would be luck to hear anything about the job till 2-3 hours before the job, you would be forced to pack up and go to a flight that you dident even know if it was showing up and then you have to sit for 12 hours on a plant and do little to nothing.
love long work hours
field medic (Former Employee) –  fontas3 June 2015
writing out daily reports, weekly reports, end of the month reports, filling out patient assessment charts, first aid records, have many years experience.
Pros
always on time
Cons
24 hour days
nice environment with trican
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2015
I learned alot about how a business environment runs. Enjoyable part was working with the people. There was no particular hard part i took hardships as lessons.
productive and fun place to work.
Junior Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 March 2015
worked 12 hours a day.

very diverse.

good wok life balance.

opportunity for growth.

my coworkers were friendly and helpful.

my manager was a great person.
Good career
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 November 2014
There are many challenges to be faced when first entering the EH&S profession. With time, effort and patience, one can adapt just as in any career.
All safe
Lead - Stuart Olson Dominion (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 October 2014
Safe within their work environments and culture
Friendly co workers
Enjoyed the challenge
Management was great at the start of the project but du4ring it the management changed and this was a negative experience.
The main office was disorganized and the Safety Manager was not respected by the client.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
New management
Great company to work for
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alberta12 October 2014
- monitor and advise employee safety participation.
- learned how to balance safety and production while maintaining a positive work relationship with other workers.
- co-workers are great
- opportunity for advancement
Pros
company truck
Cons
being away from home
The company is very generous, a new vehicle every year, yearly bonus.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BC13 May 2014
I am usually up around 05:30 and in my office by 06:30, I go through my e-mails and then I checkt o see where my trucks are at in the field. I will then travel to that area and start by watching them to see what they are doing and then I will complete a job observation form on them. If there are deficiencies then I will make them aware of them, I will also give them approvel when they do a good job.
One of the draw-backs is that my drivers are all a different nationality from me and I don't speak their language so it is difficult to fully communicate with them. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to me different people daily.
Pros
The freedom to talk to people about safety factors in the work force.
Cons
The HSE guy is looked at as if he is the safety police, rather than someone who can give them positive knowledge for situations they may encounter.