HSE INTEGRATED Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Loved the crew I worked with
EMR (Former Employee), Weyburn, SKApril 15, 2016
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Driving conditions to and from location were difficult sometimes
Everyone that I worked with was great and I always had a great day at work. Some days were long but they were always enjoyable.
company is poorly run
Firefighter/EMT (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: its a job
Cons: poor pay and the company doesnt care
Company was bought out by an american buisness and they just cutmoney at all costs. decreased wages. poor management as they are only around months.
work is good when its there, lay offs happen all the time
Safety Technician (Current Employee), Saint John East, NBDecember 14, 2015
a lot of outside work
confined space rescue
work in teams
create rescue plans
must be outgoing with clients
only one location in nb
Fun place to work
Training Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 26, 2015
I think the people there are amazing, but for my placement, the pay is just a bit to low for me to uphold my bills. So that is why I am looking for a new job!
safety
Air hand (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, ABMarch 12, 2015
Great company always training. Management is strong . Co-worker were a great team. Working in all different areas of Alberta . Hardest part of the job was being away all the time. Most enjoyable part was all the great people you meet and work with.
Great way to get your foot in the door of the oilfield.
Safety Watch (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 18, 2015
working with HSE has been great, i have leaned a lot of great things that portray to the oilfield. The training experiences have been fantastic, there is always more to learn and this company will help with that.
Review
Safety Advisor (Current Employee), Saint John, BCFebruary 8, 2015
Needs Improvement. Through Proper Management and their ability to keep their employees working. It is important to keep your employees in the loop and not hide things which may effect the workers work and or personal life.
Great People, not a good job if you want a schedule
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Sylvan LakeApril 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great people and management
Cons: 21/7 shift work, low pay
This company had great people and payed for my courses as I pursued my NCSO certification. The pay was good starting out but after more than a year I still couldn't get a raise. The reason being is they had a wage freeze when they were bought out by DXP.

Simba offered me more money and more opportunity, so I took it. I would work for HSE again if the shift wasn't 21/7 and the pay was better.

My supervisor was great and very patient in teaching us how to excel in what we did. I had a hard time quitting because the people were so great.
Soul Sucking
Shop Hand/ Lead Shop Hand/ Shop Foreman (Former Employee), grande prairie abJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: poorly managed, poor pay and no advancement or training
The people that work in the field there are amazing, they work hard and are great to work with. The office staff on the other hand will stop at nothing to make your day miserable and make you want to quit every single day. They don't train people who are ready and willing and when its time to trim the fat they trim the muscle instead. This Company is going downhill and I am glad to no longer work there.
Job Describation
Medic/Safety Tech (Former Employee), Northern Alberta Oil FieldsMay 29, 2013
Pros: subsistance
Cons: extra long days, over 15 hours a day
As my first Medic/Safety Position I gained valuable experience in the field. While on plant sites practicing Confine Space and Air Quality Monitoring was well organized. Management prompted Health and Safety. As my years of experience grew I was able to shadow Lead Hands. My wage stayed the same but the opportunity to learn was there. Finally I desided to change companies to Safety Boss because the staff was mature and had more experience. I
got a raise to. The hardest part of the job was not being mobile, lack of communication and when I first started not understand what was happening on the rigs. As years pasted I now understand there procedures.

The most enjoyable part of anyday is everyone going home safe.
Fun, exciting workplace with lots of learning opportunities
Safety Watch (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 3, 2013
Pros: free food and board and transportation
Cons: long hours
While working at HSE as a safety watch I learned a lot of about safety policies and procedures at the Suncor Site. I also, learned a lot about the Occupational Health and Safety rules. I learned how to use a lot of Safety products and breathing apparatus. I completed my health and safety advisor certification. A typical day would consist of a daily safety meeting then moving from job to job to provide HSE safety services to various contractors. The management and co-workers were great which made being away from home that much easier. The hardest part of the job was being away from family and friends. The best was focus on work with no distractions and being able to put in my all.
Excellent Company
Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSNovember 8, 2014
Pros: fun and challenging atmosphere
Excellent work/life balance, Management is supportive, a friendly tight knit work group, excellent learning environment, ability to advance.
Your appointment could be terminated just to let in a friend or a relative of a manager.
Safety Technician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 21, 2014
You may not be liked if you are coming from a minority group even though you are a very hard working person. Your appointment could be terminated without a cause just to let in friends or relatives of a manager. It was a heart braking experience.
Very busy, constantly involved, always included in all activity
HSE Advisor (Offshore) (Former Employee), Offshore Sable IslandSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: constantly learning
Cons: isolated from land
12 -16 hour days, 3weeks on 3 weeks off. Responsible for Health and Safety culture of 92 individuals that are constantly rotating out weekly, so realistically you had to deal with approx 200 individuals. I really enjoyed the fast pace activity of all the different projects on the go at the same time. Providing advice and guidance for individuals on the work sites. Getting to meet and work with others seeing different aspect of jobs and learning how everything fits together. Always having to meet new challenges as issues arose. Hosting meetings, participating in Conference Calls with Management. Observing individuals in the performance of their duties and providing feedback for continued improvement. Strong knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Standards and Regulations
Challenging and at times rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Sylvan Lake, AB and Fort McMurray, ABNovember 19, 2013
Pros: saw alot of the country
Cons: long days away from home, hard on family life. typical oilpatch job.
Was a good challenge for awhile. Company was always evolving and there were many rewarding tasks and some mundane ones.
Productable and eductational
Instructor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 6, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: un known as to when i would work next
I gathered allot of experience with HSE that I am always happy to recieve
Worked from Whitecourt
Industrial/oilfield medic (Former Employee), Whitecourt ABJanuary 17, 2014
After management changed the station went down hill. Operations decided to cut hours without consultation, there was little to no support from the office. I felt very much on my own when out in the field.
Fire Services Tech / Admin / electronics
fire svc tech, electronics tech-admin (Current Employee), Fort. Saskatchewan, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: clarity of job scope
good place to work, nice people, family like setting and great understanding when it comes to personal issues.
Large corporate structure
EMR/ Medic, H2S Supervisor (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: long hours
After purchasing KEY Safety the morale was low. Corporation buying up HSE competitors...
HSE
Safety Technician (Former Employee), Suncor- FireBAgSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: met great people
Cons: wage, no advancement
HSE is not a stable company at all. There is no advancing within the company at all, and you never feel secure.