HSE Integrated Employee Reviews

A job just for now...
Safety Watch (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB7 January 2018
HSE is a fairly unorganized company with too many employees hired and not enough hours (although they are always hiring more).
I don't like their system in how operations "spreads out" the hours available to work within employees, because it doesn't work, Sometimes I will have gone 2 or even 3 weeks without working.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON15 September 2017
Great atmosphere, friendly co-workers. Wish I wasn't just covering a maternity leave.

A lot of opportunities for training and learning new material.
Inconsistent but high paying.
Firefighter/Medic (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB26 August 2017
Good pay but is so poorly managed and work is so inconstant. you'll work for 2 weeks straight then get nothing for 2 months. work is all across AB,Sk and BC. so if you wanna sleep in your own bed with your family not take this job. if you're a single guy who just wants money its a good one.
Pros
high pay
Cons
inconsistent work. (2 weeks straight then nothing for two months)
Safety Advisor
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 August 2017
My work experience with HSE was Positive and I would work for them again. Management was good to deal with as were the support staff in the office. ..
Posting is for a Fire Alarm Technician not oil field
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ontario17 July 2017
This is for a job in Sarnia Ontario with their Fire division. One of the only offices that do this type of work at HSE. This is an opportunity to work with a strong and very busy service office. Great opportunity for a full time career.
Pros
Busy enviorment, lots of room for growth in the industry
Great divide between field and office
Rescue (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 June 2017
If it says they are hiring firefighter, they are not!! They don't even have a fire truck in fort Saskatchewan, You will be working as a safety watch, at one of the lowest rates in the industry. If you want to do fire jobs will need to go to fort St John.
You are treated as a number and nothing else. You are given and evenings notice about work, but when you give them a weeks notice of unavailability they get mad and sit you when you come back
WORST Safety Company
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 May 2017
12 years and not a single chance at advancement. Every job posted is filled outside the company as it is their policy to hire managers from outside. Keep in mind not a single mid-upper manager has a single days experience working in the field, should tell you what a complete joke this place is. For a "safety" company there is a complete lack of any safety culture. Federal hours of service are ignored by managers but employees are disciplined if they are in violation on their log books. 16 hour days are the norm, many times you are expected to work inexcess of 24 days. Every nickle and dime they can screw their employees out of will be.

Be warned, use it as a temporary job to other things.
Pros
The cheques clear
Cons
Long hours, poor work environment, poor treatment
Empty Promises
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB29 April 2017
Things were great at the beginning when I was hired as the training administrator. I loved the interaction with the public. Our training coordinator was very lazy so I was thankful when she left the company eventually for another opportunity. When they finally posted for the coordinator position, I was pressured from the Station Manager to apply. So I did. I wasnt happy that it was for close to the same pay as I was getting for the admin position. Additional hours were expected as well as being on call every evening and on weekends. The Station Manager heard my apprehension but told me he would do a review in 3 months and go up to bat for me to get a raise. Nope.... didnt happen. I loved my job and the instructors I worked with but HSE, empty promises. I know I did an amazing job as the Coordinator of the training department but within a short time they decided to lay me off. The training dept went down the toilet and from what I know now, even after a move to Red Deer, that dept is still not functional. I met some amazing people while working at HSE but as a company to work for, I'd be cautious. They make promises but do not follow through and you seldom feel appreciated.
Pros
Customer Interaction
Cons
Long hrs expected with no appreciation
disorganized
Shophand (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC10 April 2017
HSE will let you participate in everything, grow a career that you can transfer to a more dedicated company to fulfill.No one will help you when you are stranded by a company truck coming in from a company job.
Pros
Promotes education
Cons
disorganized, nobody is accountable
Career opportunities with the right attitude
Field (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB3 March 2017
Very typical of oil/industrial service company with relatively erratic hours etc but that is the nature of the industry. Decent communication and moral from my experience. Pay is in line with others and training is provided. You get back what you put in with HSE and it seems that there is room to build a career with them as almost all management have grown through the company over the years.
Pros
Lots of work, training and good safety culture
Cons
Sometimes away from home
nice paycheques
fire rescue and safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 March 2017
writing lots and lots of paperwork the writing more reports spending about a hundred hours a week in a vehicle waiting for tragedy to strike. Being away from home and family.
Pros
big paycheques
Cons
One of best safety companies to work for
H2S Safety Supervisor Senior (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB2 March 2017
I have worked with HSE for many years and have been through many ups and downs through the oil patch and HSE has always been there for me and kept me working, remember you get back what you give . Fellow employees are great to work with, management has always taken care of me.
Pros
I'm employed and have a pay cheque, training tickets payed for
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 February 2017
This job varies depending on the work being done, but overall is a great place to work. The people are very friendly and helpful and will answer any questions you have to the best of their ability.
They don't care about you. You are nothing but a number
Industrial Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB19 January 2017
There is a great divide between the office staff and the people that are actually out there in the field making the money. Dispatchers can be rude. Your life is work, they make you do illegal things, and if you don't agree they might not give you work.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Generally disappointed in my time with this company.
EMR, ERT Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB27 October 2016
Poor management system. Not enough room for advancement. Pathetic rates of pay, for the amount of work and responsibility taken on by field employees.
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
Poor pay
HSE Integrated
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC14 September 2016
A typical day in the office was a very busy stressful day, I was always there a hour or two before opening trying to get ahead start in my day. Always started with field tickets as those were the most important, then setting up morning meeting for the office staff. As management staff continued in their meetings I would continuing working on getting the high priority tasks complete. I would then completes data entry. The hardest part of my job would be trying to get my tasks done plus taking on more tasks from everyone in the office to help them out. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co workers, I am still very good friends with them all till this day.
I really enjoy working with HSE. I felt competent and appreciated.
Safety Watch (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB13 September 2016
It is awesome working with like-minded people. There is a danger working in Safety, which is fun for me. There's no real danger if everyone works safe, but there's always the potential which makes it exciting for me.
Pros
worked with good people, like minded people, time and a half after 8 hours, a lot of overtime, extra training, I liked driving the company trucks, flying to work in Ft Mac
Cons
the work is seasonal, there isn't always a lot of work, sometimes jobs lasted long and I had to be away from my family for a long time
Fun working with like minded people
Safety Watch (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB9 September 2016
This was a dangerous job, that created some excitement. I am a strong person, mentally and physically, and it was nice to work with people like me. I felt challenged physically climbing towers, then accomplished when I became efficient at it. I also learned new skills and became competent at my job.
Pros
lived in camp, the job was right there, food/ transportation everything was provided, so it was easy to just focus on the job
Cons
sometimes spent weeks away from home. became lonely at times
Potentially well paying with unstable hours
Safety Rep (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK10 August 2016
As a sub contractor the company is subject to the severe market fluctuations that occur in the energy and construction fields. When they were working, we were working and when they shut down we were off with no idea how long until we would be back on the job.
Pros
good money
Cons
unpredictable work schedule
Worst compaby to work for
Rescue (Former Employee) –  Alberta31 July 2016
Horrible management, pay, and little to no hours. I chose Costco over this career because rescue/firefighters get treated like gatbage up north. No respect or consideration for us blue collared workers protecting people who are millionaires and billion dollar corporations. What a joke.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list