HSE INTEGRATED Employee Reviews

Safety Advisor
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 August 2017
My work experience with HSE was Positive and I would work for them again. Management was good to deal with as were the support staff in the office. ..
WORST Safety Company
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 May 2017
12 years and not a single chance at advancement. Every job posted is filled outside the company as it is their policy to hire managers from outside. Keep in mind not a single mid-upper manager has a single days experience working in the field, should tell you what a complete joke this place is. For a "safety" company there is a complete lack of any safety culture. Federal hours of service are ignored by managers but employees are disciplined if they are in violation on their log books. 16 hour days are the norm, many times you are expected to work inexcess of 24 days. Every nickle and dime they can screw their employees out of will be.

Be warned, use it as a temporary job to other things.
Pros
The cheques clear
Cons
Long hours, poor work environment, poor treatment
disorganized
Shophand (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC10 April 2017
HSE will let you participate in everything, grow a career that you can transfer to a more dedicated company to fulfill.No one will help you when you are stranded by a company truck coming in from a company job.
Pros
Promotes education
Cons
disorganized, nobody is accountable
nice paycheques
fire rescue and safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 March 2017
writing lots and lots of paperwork the writing more reports spending about a hundred hours a week in a vehicle waiting for tragedy to strike. Being away from home and family.
Pros
big paycheques
Cons
Generally disappointed in my time with this company.
EMR, ERT Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB27 October 2016
Poor management system. Not enough room for advancement. Pathetic rates of pay, for the amount of work and responsibility taken on by field employees.
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
Poor pay
HSE Integrated
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC14 September 2016
A typical day in the office was a very busy stressful day, I was always there a hour or two before opening trying to get ahead start in my day. Always started with field tickets as those were the most important, then setting up morning meeting for the office staff. As management staff continued in their meetings I would continuing working on getting the high priority tasks complete. I would then completes data entry. The hardest part of my job would be trying to get my tasks done plus taking on more tasks from everyone in the office to help them out. The most enjoyable part of my job was my co workers, I am still very good friends with them all till this day.
Fun working with like minded people
Safety Watch (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB9 September 2016
This was a dangerous job, that created some excitement. I am a strong person, mentally and physically, and it was nice to work with people like me. I felt challenged physically climbing towers, then accomplished when I became efficient at it. I also learned new skills and became competent at my job.
Pros
lived in camp, the job was right there, food/ transportation everything was provided, so it was easy to just focus on the job
Cons
sometimes spent weeks away from home. became lonely at times
Potentially well paying with unstable hours
Safety Rep (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK10 August 2016
As a sub contractor the company is subject to the severe market fluctuations that occur in the energy and construction fields. When they were working, we were working and when they shut down we were off with no idea how long until we would be back on the job.
Pros
good money
Cons
unpredictable work schedule
Good
Sr. Safety Supervisor, NCSO, ERT, Medic (Current Employee) –  BC, Alberta, Sask, Manitoba13 July 2016
Good company and co-workers. Station manager treats and respect employees with integrity and allows for a balanced life style.
Enjoyed working for HSE Integrated
Shop Foreman (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC26 April 2016
was a great learning experience, people were great to work with and the area was very scenic... you didn't feel like you were always working... mini vacation
Pros
Good pay, good co-workers
Cons
Poor management, friends and family moved up the ladder fast
Loved the crew I worked with
EMR (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK15 April 2016
Everyone that I worked with was great and I always had a great day at work. Some days were long but they were always enjoyable.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Driving conditions to and from location were difficult sometimes
company is poorly run
Firefighter/EMT (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB19 January 2016
Company was bought out by an american buisness and they just cutmoney at all costs. decreased wages. poor management as they are only around months.
Pros
its a job
Cons
poor pay and the company doesnt care
work is good when its there, lay offs happen all the time
Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John East, NB14 December 2015
a lot of outside work
confined space rescue
work in teams
create rescue plans
must be outgoing with clients
only one location in nb
Fun place to work
Training Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB26 April 2015
I think the people there are amazing, but for my placement, the pay is just a bit to low for me to uphold my bills. So that is why I am looking for a new job!
safety
Air hand (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB12 March 2015
Great company always training. Management is strong . Co-worker were a great team. Working in all different areas of Alberta . Hardest part of the job was being away all the time. Most enjoyable part was all the great people you meet and work with.
Great way to get your foot in the door of the oilfield.
Safety Watch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2015
working with HSE has been great, i have leaned a lot of great things that portray to the oilfield. The training experiences have been fantastic, there is always more to learn and this company will help with that.
Review
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, BC8 February 2015
Needs Improvement. Through Proper Management and their ability to keep their employees working. It is important to keep your employees in the loop and not hide things which may effect the workers work and or personal life.
Excellent Company
Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 November 2014
Excellent work/life balance, Management is supportive, a friendly tight knit work group, excellent learning environment, ability to advance.
Pros
fun and challenging atmosphere
Productable and eductational
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 November 2014
I gathered allot of experience with HSE that I am always happy to recieve
Pros
Experience
Cons
Un known as to when I would work next
Large corporate structure
EMR/ Medic, H2S Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 September 2014
After purchasing KEY Safety the morale was low. Corporation buying up HSE competitors...
Pros
Training