HSE INTEGRATED Employee Reviews

work is good when its there, lay offs happen all the time
Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint John East, NBDecember 14, 2015
a lot of outside work
confined space rescue
work in teams
create rescue plans
must be outgoing with clients
only one location in nb
Fun place to work
Training Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABApril 26, 2015
I think the people there are amazing, but for my placement, the pay is just a bit to low for me to uphold my bills. So that is why I am looking for a new job!
safety
Air hand (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, ABMarch 12, 2015
Great company always training. Management is strong . Co-worker were a great team. Working in all different areas of Alberta . Hardest part of the job was being away all the time. Most enjoyable part was all the great people you meet and work with.
Great way to get your foot in the door of the oilfield.
Safety Watch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 18, 2015
working with HSE has been great, i have leaned a lot of great things that portray to the oilfield. The training experiences have been fantastic, there is always more to learn and this company will help with that.
Review
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Saint John, BCFebruary 8, 2015
Needs Improvement. Through Proper Management and their ability to keep their employees working. It is important to keep your employees in the loop and not hide things which may effect the workers work and or personal life.
Excellent Company
Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSNovember 8, 2014
Excellent work/life balance, Management is supportive, a friendly tight knit work group, excellent learning environment, ability to advance.
Pros
fun and challenging atmosphere
Productable and eductational
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 6, 2014
I gathered allot of experience with HSE that I am always happy to recieve
Pros
experience
Cons
un known as to when i would work next
Large corporate structure
EMR/ Medic, H2S Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 24, 2014
After purchasing KEY Safety the morale was low. Corporation buying up HSE competitors...
Pros
training
long hours little pay
High Angle Rescue (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 17, 2014
I enjoy the working environment of hse, I am looking for something more challenging
Pros
great crew to work with
Cons
unorganized
HSE
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Suncor- FireBAgSeptember 6, 2014
HSE is not a stable company at all. There is no advancing within the company at all, and you never feel secure.
Pros
met great people
Cons
wage, no advancement
Fire Services Tech / Admin / electronics
fire svc tech, electronics tech-admin (Current Employee) –  Fort. Saskatchewan, ABApril 22, 2014
good place to work, nice people, family like setting and great understanding when it comes to personal issues.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
clarity of job scope
productive and fun work place
Saftey watch (Former Employee) –  edmonton albertaApril 8, 2014
fun
productive work plave
gets interesting over night
great management
have a few problems
Great People, not a good job if you want a schedule
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sylvan LakeApril 2, 2014
This company had great people and payed for my courses as I pursued my NCSO certification. The pay was good starting out but after more than a year I still couldn't get a raise. The reason being is they had a wage freeze when they were bought out by DXP.

Simba offered me more money and more opportunity, so I took it. I would work for HSE again if the shift wasn't 21/7 and the pay was better.

My supervisor was great and very patient in teaching us how to excel in what we did. I had a hard time quitting because the people were so great.
Pros
good benefits, great people and management
Cons
21/7 shift work, low pay
Safety Coordinator/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NBFebruary 14, 2014
Enjoy the safety culture and people with similar interest.
Pros
great management and training
Cons
no full time employment in my home town
Your appointment could be terminated just to let in a friend or a relative of a manager.
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 21, 2014
You may not be liked if you are coming from a minority group even though you are a very hard working person. Your appointment could be terminated without a cause just to let in friends or relatives of a manager. It was a heart braking experience.
Worked from Whitecourt
Industrial/oilfield medic (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt ABJanuary 17, 2014
After management changed the station went down hill. Operations decided to cut hours without consultation, there was little to no support from the office. I felt very much on my own when out in the field.
Challenging and at times rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB and Fort McMurray, ABNovember 19, 2013
Was a good challenge for awhile. Company was always evolving and there were many rewarding tasks and some mundane ones.
Pros
saw alot of the country
Cons
long days away from home, hard on family life. typical oilpatch job.
Large oilfield safety company
Medic (Former Employee) –  Pincher Creek,AbOctober 29, 2013
This was one of my first medical jobs and they were great to work for taught me alot in the ways of the patch.
great job
Breathing Apperatis Repair Tech: Scott, Draeger (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Suncor FirebagOctober 16, 2013
loved the work with breathing apparatus
worked 12-14 hours a day
lived at camp
14 days on 14 days off
Pros
lived at camp so no cummute
excellant oportunities for advancement
Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABOctober 10, 2013
Working in the oil and gas industry-safety, can be demanding, high energy work, lots of traveling around the country, job scope changes from site to site, depending on what I was contracted for' safety, medical.and rescue. Some sites I was working alone setting up breathing air trailers, auditing according to clientele needs (near miss incidents, safety advisor, emergency procedures). Most Industrial sites I was working in high risk areas, meaning, using SCOTT packs, Dragers, setting up rescue equipment according to work being done, on site. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with accidents when the accident/ near miss, could have been prevented; ex; rushing to get the job done, complacency, not knowing the equipment, the worker is using, not enough sleep, personal issues, and many more.
Pros
meeting new people, traveling to different sites and learning different plants; sag-d, gas, chemical, hydro, coal producing energy plants, chemical plants, pipelines, and oil rigs
Cons
long hours, working with people that dont follow onsite safety rules and regulations