HRG Worldwide Employee Review

View all HRG Worldwide reviews

No advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2013
High call volume call centre where everything is monitored, calls monitored and graded. No chance for advancement and no higher pay as they can easily find someone to replace you. Good workers aren't recognized. Good job for a student but not someone who has a family.
Pros
Home office, Health and Dental Benefits, 3 Wks Vacation, Good Training
Cons
Have to work weekends, No life work balance, Low pay, No advancement opportunities

Other HRG Worldwide Employee Reviews

Too much workload and they pay you little.
Travel Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2017
Too much work load with a low pay. People in the office are leaving because of the poor management. Changes are always on the way with the benefits of the company only. There is no future with a very little or no progress in your career. No FAM trip at all.
Pros
Cons
Too much workload. Very low salary
Poor management, low pay
RBC ACCOUNT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 November 2017
I worked at HRG on the RBC account. I had worked there for over two years. It was very stressful for the amount of money I made. However because I got my job through my college, I was paid a little higher than some people who had been there for 15 years and had a heavier work load.

A lot of people found it hard to advance. Many of the people who worked there for years were in the same positions, even though they repeatedly applied for better ones.

You have to kind of bid for holiday time off.

Shifts were based on call volume so it wouldn't be unusual to to have shifts repeatedly cancelled in the summer. (With no pay)

You can get up to 8 weeks of vacation time but that takes years. I only knew of one person who had it and she had been with the company for 15 years. They usually start you with 2 weeks but you have to make sure it's when no one else in your office booked it off.

Every manager wants the call script to flow differently.
Managers don't really help you advance.
They don't pay for you to go back to school to advance yourself, like American Express does.

MY BIGGEST REASON FOR NOT RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY:

They are notorious for refusing to give references or just ignoring you when you reach out. Doesn't matter if you worked there 5 minutes, 10 years, worked overtime every week. They aren't likely to give out references. Therefore don't waste years there that aren't going to benefit your future.
Pros
Vacation time