HRG Worldwide Employee Review

View all HRG Worldwide reviews

Impersonal management team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 February 2014
Long hours with limited scheduled breaks
Coworkers nice but no time to socialize
Management located in a different province - never met them
Taking direction from 3 different companies (1 for schedule/1 for the office and 1 for agent support)
Too much change and never enough training provided - you have to learn by doing which is very stressful
Fun interacting with clients over the phone, most times
Pros
Free lunches and snacks occasionally
Cons
expected overtime, required to work longer than scheduled

Other HRG Worldwide Employee Reviews

Too much workload and they pay you little.
Travel Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2017
Too much work load with a low pay. People in the office are leaving because of the poor management. Changes are always on the way with the benefits of the company only. There is no future with a very little or no progress in your career. No FAM trip at all.
Pros
Cons
Too much workload. Very low salary
Poor management, low pay
RBC ACCOUNT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 November 2017
I worked at HRG on the RBC account. I had worked there for over two years. It was very stressful for the amount of money I made. However because I got my job through my college, I was paid a little higher than some people who had been there for 15 years and had a heavier work load.

A lot of people found it hard to advance. Many of the people who worked there for years were in the same positions, even though they repeatedly applied for better ones.

You have to kind of bid for holiday time off.

Shifts were based on call volume so it wouldn't be unusual to to have shifts repeatedly cancelled in the summer. (With no pay)

You can get up to 8 weeks of vacation time but that takes years. I only knew of one person who had it and she had been with the company for 15 years. They usually start you with 2 weeks but you have to make sure it's when no one else in your office booked it off.

Every manager wants the call script to flow differently.
Managers don't really help you advance.
They don't pay for you to go back to school to advance yourself, like American Express does.

MY BIGGEST REASON FOR NOT RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY:

They are notorious for refusing to give references or just ignoring you when you reach out. Doesn't matter if you worked there 5 minutes, 10 years, worked overtime every week. They aren't likely to give out references. Therefore don't waste years there that aren't going to benefit your future.
Pros
Vacation time