HRG Worldwide Employee Reviews

Too much workload and they pay you little.
Travel Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2017
Too much work load with a low pay. People in the office are leaving because of the poor management. Changes are always on the way with the benefits of the company only. There is no future with a very little or no progress in your career. No FAM trip at all.
Pros
Cons
Too much workload. Very low salary
Poor management, low pay
RBC ACCOUNT (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 November 2017
I worked at HRG on the RBC account. I had worked there for over two years. It was very stressful for the amount of money I made. However because I got my job through my college, I was paid a little higher than some people who had been there for 15 years and had a heavier work load.

A lot of people found it hard to advance. Many of the people who worked there for years were in the same positions, even though they repeatedly applied for better ones.

You have to kind of bid for holiday time off.

Shifts were based on call volume so it wouldn't be unusual to to have shifts repeatedly cancelled in the summer. (With no pay)

You can get up to 8 weeks of vacation time but that takes years. I only knew of one person who had it and she had been with the company for 15 years. They usually start you with 2 weeks but you have to make sure it's when no one else in your office booked it off.

Every manager wants the call script to flow differently.
Managers don't really help you advance.
They don't pay for you to go back to school to advance yourself, like American Express does.

MY BIGGEST REASON FOR NOT RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY:

They are notorious for refusing to give references or just ignoring you when you reach out. Doesn't matter if you worked there 5 minutes, 10 years, worked overtime every week. They aren't likely to give out references. Therefore don't waste years there that aren't going to benefit your future.
Pros
Vacation time
Alright Place To Be
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2017
It's an alright company, but working at home isn't always the easiest because you don't get to see people on a day to day basis. But good company with good benefits.
Good learning environment work place
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
I learned a number different corporate account at the same time while working in this company. Except non-GDS ticketing desk requires improvement. Despite being background from a fast environment I had been encouraged to execute SLOWDOWN pace.
Great company
Travel Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 September 2017
I have been working for HRG for over 4 years and it's a fantastic work environment. Management is very friendly and always willing to give a helping hand. Hands down, one of the most effective training I've ever seen. There is shift work. You might work nights and weekend sometimes, but there are usually premiums for those shifts. There are a lot of draws and prizes year-round. HRG recognizes its employees' hard work and shows their appreciation. Shifts are usually 8.5 hours incl. 1 hour lunch. Koodos to HRG for being the great company that they are.
Pros
Prizes, friendly environment, great management team
Cons
Shift work
its was fun to be a part of HRG
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Home based office19 June 2017
its was a nice company to work with as i used to work from home which was a total saving for me . people were very helpful, nice company to work with , but the unwanted scenario came up so had to give up my job.
Pros
home base office
Cons
was flex agent then became a causal
Overly micro-managed and unhealthy work environment
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canada15 June 2017
I have worked here for a number of years and honestly enjoyed it at first...it got worse - MUCH WORSE.

Management is constantly looking over your shoulder and you never feel comfortable at work or even safe in your job.

There is little room to advance and no incentive with wages.

It's just not a happy place to be.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Shift work, no leeway on preferred work hours, micro-managed, low wages
Outstanding management
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
The management team was outstanding! They went above and beyond any management I've ever encountered. If for any reason I was unable to come to work either for personal or health reasons they would listen to what I had to say and work with me.
Pros
Pot luck every week or so. Draws and gifts
Cons
Long shifts
get to work from home
Travel agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 March 2017
I loved this job as I got to train for it at BCIT for 30 days then work from home. The pay was good enough for me and the benefit palns were awesome.. I miss this job
Hogg Robinson Group
Conseiller de voyage (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 March 2017
HRG is a great company to work for. Great bosses and nice ambiance to work in. Very understanding staff and competitive salary. Helpful and a company that understands the importance of encouragement.
Horrible place to work
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa28 February 2017
I worked for HRG for over 10 years. It was great previously, but new management decision have ruined it. Extremely low pay for new agents, and not worth it for the amount of stress.

Very few advancement opportunities.
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
constantly changing shifts, horrible management, and works are not appreciated
too much stress for too little money
agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2017
Its like working for the McDonald's of the travel industry. I would not recommend working here unless you're desperate. they will nickle and dime you at every chance they get, and make you feel very replaceable.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
to many to list
Disorganized company
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2017
I worked on the Diamler Crysler account and HRG managed to lose that 66 million dollar account because they were unable to provide clear policy and instruction to their employees and the travel regulations for the 17 divisions within Daimler Crysler They had several business accounts which they also lost including Expedia and Travelocity. The company has changed manes several times due to a bad reputation.
Great company extended benefits but low salary to compare with the work stress.
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2017
Great company and management. But with the account I was working before, it used to be a great team but through the years it's changed quite a bit which the work stress is not worthwhile for the low pay you get. Plus the company policies doesn't applied with the work/life balance.
Good place if you don't care about where you work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 December 2016
Not my favourite place... but I can't seem to get out. Don't feel comfortable recommending this as a job to anyone. Hours suck, so does the pay, and the place is very clique-y.
Travel Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
I am so glad that I, found the job of my dream! I work with HRG North America in Halifax NS., they are an amazing company to work for, not only to they offer flexibility but they care and are concerned for the employee’s well being, along with the treat days that they provide and give back to their employees!

The management is by far suburb and outstanding! You are a person and NOT just a number at HRG North America I know that if I have any issue’s not just with work but personnel, my supervisor is there for me! They continue to support me in my short and long term goals and encourage me to attain those goals!

If you or anyone you know is looking to change career paths, I strongly urge to keep your eyes out for HRG North America, this is by far the company to work for, I am glad I took that first step and I look forward to many more years with HRG North America !!
Very stressful enviroment
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 October 2016
Very stressful job, a lot of over time and work loads, no appreciation for your hard work. An advise, don't apply here. Management only cares about numbers or stats. Under staffed so that means the company needs to meet the stats or contracts with fewer employees, that means you will be overworked.
Pros
Benefits, free food from hotels
Cons
Long hours, management doesnt care about the employees only numbers or stats
stressfull place to work
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2016
Learn to use a new GDS system and be multitask person, and learn about the differents canadian airlines companies, and internationals as well
Cons
never appreciate your work
Très belle équipe
Conseillère en voyages (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 May 2016
Expérience très enrichissante. Agréable atmosphère de travail permettant d'exploiter chaque facette de mes compétences.
Pros
non routinier
Cons
aucun
Table tennis table
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
We enjoy celebrating birthday parties of coworkers and occasionally hotel presentations from various cities. In the working atmosphere I enjoy most of the time talking with clients of their previous experiences.
Pros
Free lunch