HRG North America Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa28 February 2017
I worked for HRG for over 10 years. It was great previously, but new management decision have ruined it. Extremely low pay for new agents, and not worth it for the amount of stress.

Very few advancement opportunities.
Pros
benefits are decent
Cons
constantly changing shifts, horrible management, and works are not appreciated
Very stressful enviroment
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 October 2016
Very stressful job, a lot of over time and work loads, no appreciation for your hard work. An advise, don't apply here. Management only cares about numbers or stats. Under staffed so that means the company needs to meet the stats or contracts with fewer employees, that means you will be overworked.
Pros
Benefits, free food from hotels
Cons
Long hours, management doesnt care about the employees only numbers or stats
Travel Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
I am so glad that I, found the job of my dream! I work with HRG North America in Halifax NS., they are an amazing company to work for, not only to they offer flexibility but they care and are concerned for the employee’s well being, along with the treat days that they provide and give back to their employees!

The management is by far suburb and outstanding! You are a person and NOT just a number at HRG North America I know that if I have any issue’s not just with work but personnel, my supervisor is there for me! They continue to support me in my short and long term goals and encourage me to attain those goals!

If you or anyone you know is looking to change career paths, I strongly urge to keep your eyes out for HRG North America, this is by far the company to work for, I am glad I took that first step and I look forward to many more years with HRG North America !!
Great company extended benefits but low salary to compare with the work stress.
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 January 2017
Great company and management. But with the account I was working before, it used to be a great team but through the years it's changed quite a bit which the work stress is not worthwhile for the low pay you get. Plus the company policies doesn't applied with the work/life balance.
Disorganized company
Senior Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2017
I worked on the Diamler Crysler account and HRG managed to lose that 66 million dollar account because they were unable to provide clear policy and instruction to their employees and the travel regulations for the 17 divisions within Daimler Crysler They had several business accounts which they also lost including Expedia and Travelocity. The company has changed manes several times due to a bad reputation.
Good place if you don't care about where you work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 December 2016
Not my favourite place... but I can't seem to get out. Don't feel comfortable recommending this as a job to anyone. Hours suck, so does the pay, and the place is very clique-y.
Table tennis table
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2016
We enjoy celebrating birthday parties of coworkers and occasionally hotel presentations from various cities. In the working atmosphere I enjoy most of the time talking with clients of their previous experiences.
Pros
Free lunch
stressfull place to work
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2016
Learn to use a new GDS system and be multitask person, and learn about the differents canadian airlines companies, and internationals as well
Cons
never appreciate your work
Overall Good Expereince
Travel Agent- TQR/TSR Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 March 2016
I deal with many different situations and files daily. There is no typical routine for my current position. Management is very hands on. Wish there was a bit more flexbility in shifts and wages. Overall it is a good place to start working in the Travel Indutsry.
Impersonal management team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 February 2014
Long hours with limited scheduled breaks
Coworkers nice but no time to socialize
Management located in a different province - never met them
Taking direction from 3 different companies (1 for schedule/1 for the office and 1 for agent support)
Too much change and never enough training provided - you have to learn by doing which is very stressful
Fun interacting with clients over the phone, most times
Pros
Free lunches and snacks occasionally
Cons
expected overtime, required to work longer than scheduled
very productive and friendly working environment
Travel Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 March 2012
I enjoyed and loved working with HRG. It was a place where you can work and play. All staff are helpful with one another as well as the management team. They are always available to answer any questions that involves my responsibility as a Travel counselor. Advancement is very open for any individuals who are willing to do so.
Pros
free flight tickets, discounted hotel accom. and car rentals
Cons
have to do a lot of multi tasking...
Great place to work, great management team.
Operations supervisor, Loyalty Department (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 August 2012
I enjoyed working for HRG North America. We had a great office and a great team to work with. HRG provided excellent training and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
challenging, learning opportunities and democratic work place.
Cons
long hours and stat holidays rotational work.
Good pay
Junior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2016
Workload is extremely stressful, but the pay is good compared to other jobs within the same industry. Training could be more efficient as well as the tools used for everyday functions.
horrible management/self serving and ungrateful
agent (Former Employee) –  halifax22 June 2015
Only "yes" people can succeed. Cowardly management void of direction and integrity
Ivory tower for management, no direction from and poor character from within management.

Advice to Management
Welcome and listen to the voice of employees. Rip the gravy train that management is riding off the tracks and start with fresh, smart talent.
Pros
good pay, amazing front line agents
Cons
no appreciation
Home-Based Office work
Travel Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 October 2014
• Using our Global Distribution and web based programs provide travel counseling support for travel within Canada and USA to loyalty cardholders
• Selling air, car, hotel, products in an inbound call centre
• Providing a high level of customer service
• Provide support to callers for navigational questions or inquiries.
• Providing services based on client loyalty program rules and regulations
• Liaise with airline representatives to secure preferred seating when none is showing or available.
• Confirm telephone/on-line check-in, upon request.
• Ensure mileage credits are applied for all air, car, and hotel bookings.
Intense Accuracy
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg14 June 2012
I take an average of 19-25 calls per day, from customers inquiring and booking travel reservations worldwide.
I have learned extensive information on the many terms and conditions for a variety of airlines, car renatls, hotels and package companies.
I work with a supportive and positive team who are always ready to help when needed.
Most of my co-workers are quiet, but very friendly and supportive.
The hardest part of the job are exchanges on international bookings and the occasional difficult customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety.
Pros
variety, busy, global thinking
Cons
exchanges.
Travel Industry is a specific culture and people are the best part to be working with
Supervisor, Accounts Payable and Receivable (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2013
Very voltile and demanding job that kept me on my toes.
Challenge is what gives me the satisfaction in my job.

Lot of deadlines to adhere to, and dealing with departments as all of them are inter-connected.

Varierty of people from Hotels, Airilnes to Wholesale tours to communicate with.

Most colorful industry to be working and really enjoyed.
Pros
People and places to travel.
Cons
Low paying job
too many calls
Travel Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 August 2013
can not be a long term work, working here is too tiring and too much pressure
The People and Culture of the organization fun environment, Team Lunches
Customer Care Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto2 February 2013
Getting daily task completed
meeting deadlines
Challenging
I enjoy the quarterly team building activities, team work environment
working with different people from different back grounds
Pros
fam allowance
Fun place to work / Good company
Travel Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2014
I enjoyed my time at HRG and would love to go back when time permits. The days passed by pretty quickly The company offers incentives. Staff is always willing to help out. Training tine and duration are fair and well done.
Pros
Visitors frm Hotels, Airlines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HRG North America. Our community is ready to answer.