HRG North America

HRG North America Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Home-Based Office work
Travel Counsellor (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 27, 2014
• Using our Global Distribution and web based programs provide travel counseling support for travel within Canada and USA to loyalty cardholders
• Selling air, car, hotel, products in an inbound call centre
• Providing a high level of customer service
• Provide support to callers for navigational questions or inquiries.
• Providing services based on – more... client loyalty program rules and regulations
• Liaise with airline representatives to secure preferred seating when none is showing or available.
• Confirm telephone/on-line check-in, upon request.
• Ensure mileage credits are applied for all air, car, and hotel bookings. – less
N/A
Leisure Travel Counselor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Its a great company to work for. you never knew what to expect on a daily basis.
Fun place to work / Good company
Travel Counsellor (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2014
Pros: visitors frm hotels, airlines
I enjoyed my time at HRG and would love to go back when time permits. The days passed by pretty quickly The company offers incentives. Staff is always willing to help out. Training tine and duration are fair and well done.
Impersonal management team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunches and snacks occasionally
Cons: expected overtime, required to work longer than scheduled
Long hours with limited scheduled breaks
Coworkers nice but no time to socialize
Management located in a different province - never met them
Taking direction from 3 different companies (1 for schedule/1 for the office and 1 for agent support)
Too much change and never enough training provided - you have to learn by doing which is very stressful
Fun – more... interacting with clients over the phone, most times – less
No advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 28, 2013
Pros: home office, health and dental benefits, 3 wks vacation, good training
Cons: have to work weekends, no life work balance, low pay, no advancement opportunities
High call volume call centre where everything is monitored, calls monitored and graded. No chance for advancement and no higher pay as they can easily find someone to replace you. Good workers aren't recognized. Good job for a student but not someone who has a family.
Travel Industry is a specific culture and people are the best part to be working with
Supervisor, Accounts Payable and Receivable (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: people and places to travel.
Cons: low paying job
Very voltile and demanding job that kept me on my toes.
Challenge is what gives me the satisfaction in my job.

Lot of deadlines to adhere to, and dealing with departments as all of them are inter-connected.

Varierty of people from Hotels, Airilnes to Wholesale tours to communicate with.

Most colorful industry to be working and really enjoyed.
too many calls
Travel Counsellor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 26, 2013
can not be a long term work, working here is too tiring and too much pressure
Excellent and I enjoyed learning about the industry
Program Manager (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCFebruary 26, 2013
Worked contract but would love to work full time for this firm.
Great place to work, great management team.
Operations supervisor, Loyalty Department (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 30, 2012
Pros: challenging, learning opportunities and democratic work place.
Cons: long hours and stat holidays rotational work.
I enjoyed working for HRG North America. We had a great office and a great team to work with. HRG provided excellent training and opportunities for advancement.
Intense Accuracy
Travel Agent (Current Employee), WinnipegJune 14, 2012
Pros: variety, busy, global thinking
Cons: exchanges.
I take an average of 19-25 calls per day, from customers inquiring and booking travel reservations worldwide.
I have learned extensive information on the many terms and conditions for a variety of airlines, car renatls, hotels and package companies.
I work with a supportive and positive team who are always ready to help when needed.
Most of my co-workers – more... are quiet, but very friendly and supportive.
The hardest part of the job are exchanges on international bookings and the occasional difficult customer.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety. – less
I am a results orientated individual with a passion for travel. I have excellent customer service skills
CFS Counsellor (Former Employee), GTA, Kitchener/Waterloo areaJune 14, 2012
I am a team player who has a passion for travel and I have fantastic customer service skills. I am very eager to troubleshoot any area in travel and tourism
very productive and friendly working environment
Travel Counsellor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 16, 2012
Pros: free flight tickets, discounted hotel accom. and car rentals
Cons: have to do a lot of multi tasking...
I enjoyed and loved working with HRG. It was a place where you can work and play. All staff are helpful with one another as well as the management team. They are always available to answer any questions that involves my responsibility as a Travel counselor. Advancement is very open for any individuals who are willing to do so.