Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Day
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 Hourly for 40 hours per week, Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits, Disability Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Fredericton Area, New Brunswick
The Task Requirements of the job are as follows:
- Identify and weld different types of metals and steel.
- Work in a team environment.
- Read and interpret fabrication drawings and produce rough sketches.
- Operate job related equipment (cut off saw, iron worker, hydraulic presses, drill presses, torches, oxygen lances & plasma cutters).
- Fabricate and weld both small and large fabrications.
- Handle, transport, and process product and materials using equipment.
- Inspect raw materials and finished product to meet specification.
- Assist with the maintenance or repair of equipment.
- Fit and assemble simple as well as complex assemblies.
- Good housekeeping practices at all times, to help maintain safe work areas for yourself and your co-workers.
Experience: 2 years or more
Languages: Speak English
Major Work Area: Production and custom fabrication
Type of Establishment/Work Setting Experience: Manufacturing, Industrial
Welding Techniques: TIG & MIG
Welding Positions: Flat, Horizontal, Vertical
Materials: Steel, Aluminum
Specific Skills: Interpret welding process specifications, Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment, Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
Additional Skills: Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes, Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods
Essential Skills: Oral communication, Working with others, Job task planning and organizing
Other Information: Preference given to those with Welding experience in manufacturing environment.
Employer: Howell Ventures Ltd.