We are looking a motivated individual to join our growing office as a Junior Recruiter/HR Clerk in the HR department and Children and Youth Department for a Non Profit Organization. The position is an exciting part-time, entry level opportunity for someone who is highly organized, efficient, and energetic. The HR Clerk will work within a diverse team providing support to the HR Department and Children and Youth Managers. This role is best suited for an individual who has general administrative, Recruiter or HR Generalist experience or education. The HR Clerk must be an ambitious self-starter and team-player.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm – Hours are flexible due to operational requirements, with occasional evening and weekend work or may be needed on call as required.
Start Date: Monday October 21, 2013
The key accountabilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Data Entry, filing, and maintaining files and information
- Writing and posting job advertisements
- Reviewing applications and calling candidates to pre-screen for eligibility
- Communicating with, preparing and collecting documentation from applicants/personnel
- Creating and maintaining electronic and paper files
- Assisting other office personnel with completing administrative duties
Experience and Qualification requirements:
- Minimum one year experience in a HR role or recruiter
- Degree or Diploma in Office Management, Business Administration, or Human Resources
- One or more years of previous experience working in a comparable role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge and experience with database systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SharePoint/ShareVision would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience with community living an asset
- Non-profit experience an asset
- Knowledge of Social Services
- Able to work independently
- Must have a reliable vehicle that can be used for work if needed
- Starting rate is between $13-$15/hr. while on probation, with opportunities to advance.
- Fully paid benefits package upon successful completion of three month probationary period.