Large non-profit agency seeks a highly motivated, skilled, and energetic individual to join our growing office as a HR Generalist. The position is an exciting full-time opportunity for someone who is organized, efficient, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The HR Generalist will work within a diverse team conducting full-cycle HR activities in support of several program departments. The incumbent must be an ambitious self-starter and team-player.
We provide a fun, flexible, casual work environment with opportunities to grow and advance.
Usual hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm – Hours are flexible due to operational requirements, with occasional evening and weekend work, or may be needed on call as required.
Start Date: ASAP
The key accountabilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Data Entry, filing, and maintaining files and information
- Write and post job advertisements for staff and volunteers
- Review applications and call candidates to pre-screen for eligibility
- Communicate with, prepare and collect documentation from applicants/personnel
- Conduct interviews, shortlist, and select candidates
- Onboard, orientate, and offboard employees/students/volunteer
- Create and maintain electronic and paper files for HRIS
- Provide consultation to personnel regarding employment standards, internal policy, and Collective Agreement
- Provide ongoing training and development to staff, students, and volunteers
- Handle labour relations with skill and tact
- Produce documents and reports as required
- Assisting other HR and office personnel as needed
Experience and Qualification requirements:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources, CHRP an asset
- Minimum one year experience in a HR Generalist role
- One or more years of previous experience working in a comparable environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge and experience with database systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SharePoint/ShareVision would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience with community living an asset
- Non-profit experience an asset
- Knowledge of Social Services
- Able to work independently
- Must have a reliable vehicle that can be used for work if needed
- Starting rate is between $20-$22/hr. DOE, while on probation, with opportunities to advance.
- Fully paid benefits package upon successful completion of three month probationary period.