Exciting opportunity exists for the right individual to join a progressive non-profit organization as a Community Support Worker. The position is part of a team that has been created to ensure the safety, well-being and quality of life of young woman.
This personnel member will be accompanying the client’s current 1:1 day program worker. The right applicant(s) should be outgoing, creative, dedicated, reliable, responsible, intuitive and a team player. You should be able to create a fun and energetic atmosphere.
This position is solely for the purpose of assisting the current worker and client to go swimming twice per week, which requires two staff.
Shifts are Six (6) hours per week Tuesday 10am to 1pmand Thursday 10am to 1pm with possibility to pick up extra casual shifts.
The right applicant shall possess:
- Knowledge and experience working with developmental and physical disabilities
- The ability to create a meaningful routine
- Knowledge of creating independence vs. creating dependence
- lifts and transfers experience
- Experience with Seizures
- Knowledge of Non Verbal Communication Strategies
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting
Job duties include:
- Following health care plans
- Completing daily documentation
- Implementing personal protocols, schedules, and activities
- Accompanying/transporting to appointments and activities in the community
- Personal Care
- Meal Preparation
Job qualifications include:
- Class 4 BC driver’s license or ability to obtain one
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience
- Valid First Aid/CPR C
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Negative TB Test
Other requirements which may be specific to the individual served
Compensation: $15.93/hr, plus benefits upon meeting eligibility requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.