Exciting opportunity exists for the right individual to join a progressive non-profit organization as a Caregiver. The position is part of a team that has been created to ensure the safety, well-being and quality of life of young woman.
The position entails working in a one to one setting in the young woman’s home. The right applicant(s) should be outgoing, creative, dedicated, reliable, responsible, intuitive and a team player. You should be able to create a fun and energetic atmosphere.
The right applicant shall possess:
- knowledge and experience working with developmental and physical disabilities
- the ability to create a meaningful routine
- knowledge of creating independence vs. creating dependence
- lifts and transfers experience
- experience with Seizures
- knowledge of Non Verbal Communication Strategies
- the ability to work independently and in a team setting
Job duties include:
- Following health care plans
- Completing daily documentation
- Implementing personal protocols, schedules, and activities
- Accompanying/transporting to appointments and activities in the community
- Personal Care
- Meal Preparation
Job qualifications include:
- Class 4 BC driver’s license or ability to obtain one
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience
- Valid First Aid/CPR C
- Criminal Record Clearance
- Negative TB Test
*Other requirements which may be specific to the individual served
The shifts are 24 hours in length, from 6pm to 6pm with a six-hour break during the day and a rest period while the young woman sleeps at night.
Compensation: $187.00 per shift, plus benefits upon meeting eligibility requirements
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.