TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Howe Sound Pulp and Paper has an immediate opening for a Training and Development Specialist at our Port Mellon site. Howe Sound Pulp and Paper Corporation is one of the most progressive Kraft, Pulp and Paper manufacturers in the world, leading industry in product quality, efficiency and environmental protection. On the heels of a $6 million dollar upgrade of our evaporators we have now completed a $36 million fluidized bed upgrade to our power boiler to enhance energy and generate clean power. We are now one of the largest independent producers of renewable electricity in BC.
Howe Sound is one of the six mills in Canada owned by Paper Excellence. The Paper Excellence Group has an excellent track record in Canada in terms of business leadership, labour, First Nations partnerships, and environmental stewardship. The Group currently employs over 1,000 Canadians. Professional excellence starts with Paper Excellence.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Training and Development Specialist, will play a vital role in the development of the mill’s skills and proficiency through delivering, managing and tracking new and existing training programs. The responsibilities include:
- Partner with mill supervisors and management to assess training and development needs and determine appropriate solutions.
- Develop or source new and existing training materials to support specific initiatives and ongoing programs.
- Lead the design, development and delivery (or enable the delivery) of training on current systems; processes and tools.
- Manage training and development programs, including scheduling, deliverables, budget, etc.
- Create and implement measurement tools to assess achievement of learning objectives, continuously monitor the quality of delivered programs and communicate frequently with the business.
- Work with existing employees to become local on-site trainers (Train-the-trainer model).
- Work with Mill HR Manager to review and follow-up on employee opportunities for ongoing development.
- Develop measures and processes for assessing quality and effectiveness of programs (ie. Knowledge transfer has occurred and skills are developing/behaviours changing).
- Stay updated on the use of new technologies or technology-based solutions to maximize operational efficiencies.
- The position requires a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Professional Trainer Certification, an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles and of a wide range of training methods, techniques and formats.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing terminology, writing, editing and communication methods.
- The ability to handle multiple and varied work requirements at one time.
- E-learning Certification, an asset.
Please submit your written application, stating position title and outlining your qualifications for the position to:
Human Resources Dept.
Howe Sound Pulp & Paper Corporation
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our setting, in Port Mellon on BC’s beautiful Sunshine Coast provides employees with an outstanding quality of life. To learn more about the Sunshine Coast, visit www.thesunshinecoast.com. Relocation assistance will be provided in addition to a competitive salary and benefits package.