Howe Sound Pulp and Paper has an immediate opening for a Manager, Purchasing at our Port Mellon site. Howe Sound Pulp and Paper Corporation is one of the most progressive Kraft, Pulp and Paper manufacturers in the world, leading industry in product quality, efficiency and environmental protection. On the heels of a $6 million dollar upgrade of our evaporators we have now completed a $36 million fluidized bed upgrade to our power boiler to enhance energy and generate clean power. We are now one of the largest independent producers of renewable electricity in BC.
Howe Sound is one of the five mills in Canada owned by Paper Excellence. The Paper Excellence Group has an excellent track record in Canada in terms of business leadership, labour, First Nations partnerships, and environmental stewardship. The Group currently employs over 1,000 Canadians. Professional excellence starts with Paper Excellence.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Purchasing to join our team at our Port Mellon location on the Sunshine Coast in BC.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Purchasing Manager is accountable for planning, leading, organizing and controlling the acquisition of services, equipment and inventory materials required for the safe and profitable operation of the Kraft, Paper and Energy business at Howe Sound Pulp & Paper Corporation.
The preferred qualifications are Bachelor Degree plus five to ten years related experience. Also the candidate must be a Registered member of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada.
- Demonstrate a personal and corporate commitment to Safety.
- Evaluation of bidders’ proposals, quotations, deliveries, and ensure that company policies and procedures are communicated to staff, employees and supervisors
- Ensure timely delivery of chemicals, raw materials, direct charge and inventory based on min/max levels to ensure no production loss is attributed to shortage.
- Ensure that all business is conducted on an ethical basis consistent with HSPP standards and authority levels.
- Manage the approval process for payment of invoices, POs, PRs including the monitoring of total net costs as shown on purchase orders.
- Supervise the purchasing and stores employees.
- Drive and support programs such as MBOS, Leadership Development, Change Management Business Process Re-Engineering and the Systems to support these programs.
Please submit your written application, stating position title and outlining your qualifications for the position to:
Human Resources Dept.
Howe Sound Pulp & Paper Corporation
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our setting, in Port Mellon on BC’s beautiful Sunshine Coast provides employees with an outstanding quality of life. To learn more about the Sunshine Coast, visit www.thesunshinecoast.com. Relocation assistance will be provided in addition to a competitive salary and benefits package.