House of Rose Winery is seeking an energetic, positive, motivated and multitalented person to join our team.
Please Note: As this position is being funded with the assistance of Agriculture Canada, all candidates MUST:
- be no older than 30 years of age;
- be unemployed or under-employed;
- have graduated in the last three calendar years from:
o an agriculture-related program in a university, college or CEGEP;
o or a provincial program focusing on biological, agricultural and veterinary science or applied technology; and
- be a Canadian citizen or have landed immigrant status.
Only applications that include all necessary information on the above requirements will be considered. Please clearly identify that you meet all these requirements in your email to us.
This new position will involve all aspects of grape cultivation and wine making as well as sales in the wine shop. This is a full time position beginning no later than June 1st.. Working closely with and under the direction of the winemaker, vineyard manager, and wine shop manager, responsibilities will include:
1. Vineyard work, including pruning, tying, post and irrigation repair, weed management, trellis maintenance, harvesting. Additionally new planting and a transition from overhead to drip irrigation and the development and implementation of a integrated pest management plan.
2. All aspects of cellar work from receiving and processing fruit, to cap and fermentation management and finished wine movement and maintenance, additions and analysis. Other activities include bottling and cleaning of cellar related equipment including tanks, floors, pumps and packaging equipment.
3. Sales in the retail store year round.
The successful candidate should expect to work long hours during harvest and must be able to lift 50 pounds easily. Willingness to learn is very important.
In addition to the requirements noted above, the ideal candidate will:
- have cleanliness as a second nature
- have previous vineyard and / or winery production experience
- tractor operation and / or wine making equipment experience is an asset
- familiarity and affinity (a mechanical minded person) for maintenance is a plus
- be physically able to complete all necessary labour tasks within the vineyard & winery
- love engaging with people in a retail environment, focused on helping customers have a great experience
- be able to work independently, efficiently and with a focus on the details, taking direction easily as well as work well in a small team
- have a valid drivers' license to operate a motor vehicle in BC as well as a “Serving it Right" certificate
Starting date is no later than June 1st, 2013.
Competitive hourly rate based on skills & experience.
Please email resumes.
House of Rose Winery is a small but growing winery in a wonderful urban/rural location on the edge of Kelowna. Staff and owners form a dedicated, positive minded team with an aim to give customers a wonderful time both on and off site. Our vineyard is 5.5 acres and operated organically. Find out more about us at www.houseofrose.ca