Job Title: Mortgage Agent/Mortgage Broker
Company: Verico HOME – House of Mortgage Experts is a mortgage franchise servicing the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and Southwestern Ontario, with offices in both Mississauga and Ancaster, Ontario. We have over 110 full time mortgage agents dedicated to servicing the needs of their clients and helping them with their financial needs.
VERICO is one of Canada’s largest Mortgage Brokerage Networks and has grown to over 200+ locations throughout Canada and employs over 2,100+ agents who collectively originate in excess of $12+ Billion in annualized mortgage loan volume.
At VERICO each member of the network values and continually supports the ongoing development of a winning culture that sets them apart from their competitors. It's about professionalism, knowledge and ethics. It's about being experts in the field.
Agents at VERICO are driven by the high standards of professionalism and commitment that each member has applied to their mortgage practice.
Ultimately, the shared values and higher standards of VERICO members result in enhanced business value, profitability and customer satisfaction.
Job Description: This position requires a sales-oriented, self-managed and self-motivated individual who possesses both mortgage financing and sales experience. As a mortgage agent, you will develop a sales plan for your potential business opportunities. You will be responsible to attract and generate new business. You will also promote the development and growth of residential mortgage business throughout the GTA. You will use your negotiating and customer service skills to help develop a network of relationships with those in related fields (realtors, brokers, financial planners, lawyers). Our compensation package includes finder’s fees, volume bonuses, and commission on mortgage insurance, life insurance and mortgage disability insurance sales.
Requirements or Qualifications:
- You are a proven business developer, willing to work in a mobile work environment
- You possess knowledge about the mortgage industry and underwriting process
- You have strong relationship building and negotiating skills
- A strong understanding of the mortgage origination business.
- Willing to develop local business opportunities as well as find new customers through the creation and development of new relationships within the community
- Previous work experience in a mortgage sales environment is an asset
- A minimum of 2 years established in the sales industry, preferably real estate or financial
- Successfully established and maintains several relationships and networks throughout the community
- Demonstrates a commitment to successfully building and maintaining long term client relationships
- Mortgage Agent license - FSCO