House & Home Media is looking for a full-time Web Promotions Editor to join our busy digital team. The ideal candidate will be business-minded and have solid web experience and strong writing skills. A background in journalism, communications or at an agency is a must. A post-secondary education is required. Experience with a content management system (CMS) such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla or Moveable Type is also an asset, as is an interest in design and decorating. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point for Mac computers is a must. The web promotions editor will report directly to the Digital Director, and liaise with other members of the web team, iPad, Sales, Video, Creative Services and other departments of House & Home Media.
- Write and populate 5 to 15 eNewsletters a month
- Write, publish and select/crop photos for online promotional content (photo galleries, microsites, contests, articles, blogs, online ads, etc.) as well as editorial photo galleries and blogs
- Assist with content fulfillment for new web launches
- Moderate, read, forward and respond to comments as necessary
- Help with social media initiatives on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram as they pertain to clients
- Help develop online RFP ideas for advertisers and oversee the preparation of mockups/sell sheets. Occasionally meet clients to discuss ideas or joining in on phone calls explaining project possibilities.
- Develop timely, search-engine optimized web content and promotional ideas
- Create work-back schedules and maintain online promotional calendar/tracking
- Liaise with clients to ensure online promotional campaigns run on time, and handle feedback throughout the review process, in collaboration with the Digital Director.
- Establish and maintain files and organizational systems for online promotions
- Other tasks as required
Indeed - 11 months ago