Houle Electric Employee Reviews

Excellent apprenticeship and Leadership training
Apprentice Construction Electrician (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 February 2017
Extensive experiences in commercial installations and great learning value. Fantastic co-workers and team leads, always supporting, mentoring and motivating to improve, work safe and practice good work.
Hard work, Decent pay
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC19 February 2017
Hard work, decent pay.
Shift work and camp environment so you didn't see family very often.
Management often seemed lost but answered any questions to the best of their ability or got back to you with in the day, especially when it comes to safety.
Good Experience
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 October 2016
I liked working for the company. The pay was good, the culture was good, and I was kept on large projects, which is always a nice thing. Not a lot off pressure either,
Good work environment and workers
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC23 July 2016
The work on site was fairly good it terms of making sure the specific areas people were at where safe and workable. We did a lot of cable pulls through pull pits which was fine because i did not mind getting wet or dirty. My co-workers for the most part were very helpful and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was the weather because it was, for 1) either 35 degrees or raining all the time and for 2) was the down time. It made days seem longer then they were when you told to wait for other crews in you area to finish up so you can begin your work. My thinking is, I like to keep busy so if possible, i will find some other work to do until I`m able to get back to my original task.
Pros
Free breakfasts, lunches, dinners, free flights, good people, hard work, co
Cons
distance from home, travel time and delays, weather, down time on site.
It's a camp job
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC2 June 2016
As far as construction goes it was a very diigent company and workers responded well with management and worked well together with a great safety track record.
Great Team
Pre-Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC26 May 2016
I only worked there for two weeks for the Work experience portion of my Electrician Foundation Studies but found the company to be well managed, mannerly and efficient. I felt welcome and useful and I am even grateful for the opportunity received.
proactive and pleasant environment
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC11 May 2016
simple day at work safety meetings,management easy to talk too .
company willing to train in different areas of work. co workers always willing to helping out each other ...
2nd Year Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Terrace, BC20 April 2016
Having a safe day is a good way to start it and end it. While completing some tasks. I don't mind working long hours because i like money and getting lots of work done is very satisfying. so its a win win haha.
Pros
long hours and good cash
Cons
working in the rain
Some great people but terrible foremans
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC14 April 2016
They paid particularly well but at the same time they expected you to be not a minute late on break, if you were you were written up. A ton of bag lickers shooting for foreman that will take credit for your own work, talk behind your back, and throw you under the bus at any turn. I don't know why, but houle loves to promote those people to foreman positions, be warned.
Pros
money
Cons
bad supervision (from my expirience)
Excellent Contractor
Industrial Electrician RioTinto Alcan (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC4 March 2016
Solid leadership with a focus on safety and customer service .Strong focus on accountability tempered with a safety mindset and quality work . Large industrial job , well organized, plenty of resources .
i liked the job
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC18 February 2016
it was a good job they treated me fine. I would work with them again if I had the opportunity. It was a rainy job but we had fun and got it done.
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
the hours
Great people to work for always busy
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort St James, BC27 January 2016
Working for Houle was I learnt a lot of new things in the electrical trade and got a long with the people I worked with. Many tasks and responsibilities on the site that developed my problem solving abilities and priorities.
Great co-workers, terrible management and clueless foreman
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 December 2015
I worked with Houle Electric in Kelowna after moving up to the Okanagan. Co-workers were friendly and knowledgable, ranging in age. I dealt with two foreman on two different job sites. One was quite young and knowledgable in the trade but didn't know what was going on with the site. The other didn't have a clue about what was going on, was totally overwhelmed and took it out on his employees like a child. The management above the foremen was no better, clueless, cheap and didn't want to listen to any of the problems.
Pros
Good pay, friendly co-workers
Cons
Long hours, terrible foreman and management
n/a
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 December 2015
I worked on substation. I did some grounding but mostly I was terminated panels. Job was fun but short. I had grate co-workers and my management was OK too.
Great, Friendly Place!
Summer Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC6 October 2015
Houle Electric was an amazing first experience working. My boss was amazing and I gained a reference. I gained loads of experience and had fun doing it.
Hard working employees, Professional managers, and completely organized
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  kitimat, BC15 September 2015
Hard working, high volume of work, and daily meeting at 6:30 am!! All in a friendly and positive work place. I proud to be a part of this team at Holue.
Houle Kitimat
Journeymen Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kitimat, BC30 June 2015
Houle is a good to place to work for construction electricians. A diverse group of electrician for across the country. Opportunities for apprentices are good.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
To many young formen
very good work shop.
apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 April 2015
very happy to have had the chance to work for this company. gained substantial amount of experiences.
it consist of a very good and knowledgeable group of hard working guys.
Pros
fre lunch ocasionaly
Cons
non
most organized, well managed
Journeyman Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC17 March 2015
best co workers, very interesting learn new things and always had a keen interest in electrical trade. would like to learn more and become a certified red seal electrician.
Pros
wage and work in town
Cons
slow at times
Great company culture
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  BC7 March 2015
Houle is a great company who cares about their employees. They are invested in your learning and training you to be a great electrician.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houle Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2