Houle Electric Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Some great people but terrible foremans
Electrician (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCApril 14, 2016
Pros: money
Cons: bad supervision (from my expirience)
They paid particularly well but at the same time they expected you to be not a minute late on break, if you were you were written up. A ton of bag lickers shooting for foreman that will take credit for your own work, talk behind your back, and throw you under the bus at any turn. I don't know why, but houle loves to promote those people to foreman positions, be warned.
Excellent Contractor
Industrial Electrician RioTinto Alcan (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCMarch 4, 2016
Solid leadership with a focus on safety and customer service .Strong focus on accountability tempered with a safety mindset and quality work . Large industrial job , well organized, plenty of resources .
i liked the job
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: good pay rate
Cons: the hours
it was a good job they treated me fine. I would work with them again if I had the opportunity. It was a rainy job but we had fun and got it done.
Great people to work for always busy
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee), Fort St James, BCJanuary 27, 2016
Working for Houle was I learnt a lot of new things in the electrical trade and got a long with the people I worked with. Many tasks and responsibilities on the site that developed my problem solving abilities and priorities.
Great co-workers, terrible management and clueless foreman
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCDecember 18, 2015
Pros: Good pay, friendly co-workers
Cons: Long hours, terrible foreman and management
I worked with Houle Electric in Kelowna after moving up to the Okanagan. Co-workers were friendly and knowledgable, ranging in age. I dealt with two foreman on two different job sites. One was quite young and knowledgable in the trade but didn't know what was going on with the site. The other didn't have a clue about what was going on, was totally overwhelmed and took it out on his employees like a child. The management above the foremen was no better, clueless, cheap and didn't want to listen to any of the problems.
n/a
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 15, 2015
I worked on substation. I did some grounding but mostly I was terminated panels. Job was fun but short. I had grate co-workers and my management was OK too.
Great, Friendly Place!
Summer Office Assistant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 6, 2015
Houle Electric was an amazing first experience working. My boss was amazing and I gained a reference. I gained loads of experience and had fun doing it.
Hard working employees, Professional managers, and completely organized
Field Engineer (Former Employee), kitimat, BCSeptember 15, 2015
Hard working, high volume of work, and daily meeting at 6:30 am!! All in a friendly and positive work place. I proud to be a part of this team at Holue.
Houle Kitimat
Journeymen Electrician (Former Employee), Kitimat, BCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: To many young formen
Houle is a good to place to work for construction electricians. A diverse group of electrician for across the country. Opportunities for apprentices are good.
very good work shop.
apprentice electrician (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCApril 1, 2015
Pros: fre lunch ocasionaly
Cons: non
very happy to have had the chance to work for this company. gained substantial amount of experiences.
it consist of a very good and knowledgeable group of hard working guys.
most organized, well managed
Journeyman Assistant (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 17, 2015
Pros: wage and work in town
Cons: slow at times
best co workers, very interesting learn new things and always had a keen interest in electrical trade. would like to learn more and become a certified red seal electrician.
Great company culture
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee), BCMarch 7, 2015
Houle is a great company who cares about their employees. They are invested in your learning and training you to be a great electrician.
Very unorganized, never knew what we would be doing.
General Labourer (Former Employee), Fort St James, BCOctober 27, 2014
very hectic, unorganized. Never knew what we would be doing. All over the place.
Houle Electric is a good well managed company that treats their employees well.
service electrician (Former Employee), NanaimoMarch 14, 2014
Working as a service person for Houle allows each of the workers and opportunity to develop their own client list. As you service different customers there are businesses that become reliant on you for the service you provide.
Houle will train you for whatever skills you require and have an aptitude for.
The management team are hard working individuals that maintain high levels of success in securing jobs and manage the jobs effectively.
The hardest part of the job is being on call 24/7 although that is usually shared with other service people.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having good equipment at your disposal including tools and vehicles. (They also have an excellent working relationship with the IBEW)
good working employees, challenging jobs
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCNovember 2, 2012
fast paced environment, good communication between workers