The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the organization. The Purchasing Agent coordinates with warehouse and store supervisors in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory. This individual will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services at the most favourable price, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers. The Purchasing Agent coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services; such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies. The Purchasing Agent reviews requisitions, confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Responsible for all procurement and purchasing activities on assigned projects.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing, or examining items.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records; such as services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- May approve invoices for payment.
- Implementation of contracting strategies and contracts for construction and professional services.
- Able to communicate with vendors, technical resources, and clients.
- Must be able to work in a schedule-driven environment.
- Must be able to manage budgets and avoid delay costs including shipping.
- Arranges for processing and/or resale of purchased products.
- Maintains records of business transactions and product inventories, reporting data to companies or government agencies as necessary.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- University degree in material management, business or administration preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a purchaser.
- Certification as a CPM, CSCP, APP, CPPB or CPPO preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing and contracting techniques and procedures.
- Must have hardware experience with hinges, drawers and accessories for kitchens and bathrooms.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and finance management.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Able to consistently represent the company in a professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite software systems and data entry.
- Kitchen manufacturing experience with a strong knowledge of wood species and sheet goods.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Requires a high degree of professional integrity, ethics, and confidentiality.
- Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure and be a team player.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgetary practices and principles.
- Able to quickly calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanour.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer.
- Overtime as required.
Indeed - 10 months ago
HOTLINE TO HR is a 24/7 Human Resources telephone and email support system for businesses across North America. .
HOTLINE TO HR was...