Title: Assembly Sewer
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
The Assembly Sewer will be required to perform tasks involving furniture assembly by sewing furniture pieces using designated fabrics. Responsibilities will include the sewing and repair of merchandise including interior furniture, chairs and accessories. The Assembly Sewer will be responsible for the efficient assembly of products according to established procedures, following all safety protocols and workplace policies.
- Quality Orientation
- Manual Dexterity
- Problem Solving
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Read instructions and technical diagrams to sew merchandise.
- Assemble furniture and other merchandise as required.
- Safe operation of various hand and power tools required for assembly, sewing and repair of merchandise.
- Provide routine maintenance on assembled merchandise ensuring safety is maintained and merchandise remains in good, sellable condition.
- Service and repair merchandise as required.
- Mark, record and report defects.
- Clean and perform preparation of work area.
- Maintain safe work area, adhering to all health and safety policy and procedure.
- Clean and maintain machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, required for assembly and transport to work area in a safe manner.
- High School Diploma, General Education or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education in a technical field is preferred.
- 2 years in furniture sewing position or related industry.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR preferred.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to read blueprints and other technical diagrams.
- Critical eye for identifying defects.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and the tools required in various assembly/ sewing processes.
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- To apply for this position, please respond to this job advert.
Thank you for your interest in this position; only applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Hotline to HR
Indeed - 5 months ago
Sewing Machine Operator
Alliance Employment Services
North York, ON
- 21 days ago
Express Employment Professionals
Greater Toronto Area, ON
- 14 days ago
HOTLINE TO HR is a 24/7 Human Resources telephone and email support system for businesses across North America. .
HOTLINE TO HR was...