HOTEL DIEU HOSPITAL

HOTEL DIEU HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Improvements in dealing with people,assistance, reliability and ready to change the place work anytime they ask for.
Cashier and Account (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: there was nothing about cons
The volunteering in this place was sometimes once or twice a week depending on whenever they need people to volunteer, and I was mainly working as a cashier and account holder, dealing with people who – more... come and visit as well as with the patients in the hospital. Being on time is the main thing I have always managed in addition to being able to prepare everything on time such as coffee, different kind of drinks as well as sandwiches and cookies. A person in my position has to be easy going with a smile on, since people always need someone who can understand and be happy around them.They used to sometimes call me to go to a different floor where I have to do something else such as helping patients with their wheelchairs and carrying them from place to another, and here as well, we need to be careful how to deal with a person because we put his rest and need in a priority so we always need to make him comfortable and feel happy.The hardest part is when you really don't like seeing anyone is getting hurt and you want to make them feel better, but that seems sometimes impossible, so I deal with that by being optimistic and try to make them feel that there is always hope and together we can deal with the pain or any kind of illness they are passing through.The most enjoyable part of the job is off course dealing with different kinds of people and cultures and getting to know new people, and there is always improvement in personality and getting new skills. – less
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston, ONApril 22, 2014
I worked evenings providing physio therapy assistants for the Phsyio Therapist to patients just coming out of the operating room from hip or knee replacements. We would apply ice and provide mobility support and advice to the new replacement recipients.
great volunteer opportunity
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 20, 2014
Friendly place with various different areas and aspects of the hospital to volunteer at.
Great place to work.Atmosphere dedicated to the people of Kingston that require health care.
Charge nurse and staff nurse (Current Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Hotel Dieu has a lot to offer. Great work environment. Dedicated to the people of Kingston and surrounding area.
Nice place to Work
Volunteer (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: snack vouchers, friendly people
I really enjoy my time volunteering. The volunteer coordinators are very friendly and will accomodate a busy schedule. The environment is also very nice to work in with all the staff being friendly and with many different volunteer positions around the hospital to choose from. The only thing i didn't like was that there wasn't enough work for me to do in a 4 hour shift.