Hotel Arts Employee Reviews

Driven by EGO
Banquet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2017
I appreciate what I've learned at the Hotel, but the culture is driven by ego and it's hard to get along with people. Beautiful hotel and food and great pool
challenging yet a fun work experience
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2016
Working at Hotel Arts was one of my best jobs. I meshed well with my bosses, supervisors and Co workers. I feel though, as a cook, you spend alot of your time working. As that was a issue, it is part of the trade. I recommend others to join the team at hotel arts!
Pros
Lunch was great, some events were awesome.
was a wesome place
supervisor for houskeeping _ assitant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 July 2014
I Loved working for hotel arts I had learned so many areas of the hotel had awesome relationship with all departments. Started as a housekeeping moved myself up with in the company to become assistant in the house keeping Department. I was also On the Health and Safety as well as I have a Huge passion for people and Customer Service
Fun workplace
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2014
Hotel Arts was a great place to work I learned a lot and gained a lot of experience. Everyday was different when I went to work, each shift I had I had a different task to complete as well as different functions to serve. My work mates were awesome to work with, we always relied on each other and helped each other out when needed.
The hardest part about the job was staying there past 2 am some nights, some of the events/ functions didn't start till late that night and we would have to stay there to clean up. But overall it was a great workplace to work for.
Pros
free staff meals
Cons
Great workplace, beautiful hotel!
Convention Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 October 2013
Hotel Arts is a very busy designer boutique hotel in downtown Calgary. I was responsible for producing all the banquet events, poolside events, and lounge events. I was responsible for producing weddings, fundraisers, corporate events, and meetings. I ran and scheduled my own department and was responsible for training new associates. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and fast pace work environment. The best thing about working in hospitality is your are surrounded with great people all the time.
Great hotel
Banquets server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2012
Friendly associates
small property so really easy to get to know everyone
Pros
location
Cons
hours not flexible
Review
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta24 May 2012
great company to work for, health benefits. over time pay. Approachable management.