Hosting Nation has an opening for a strong Graphic Designer specializing in Web/UI design. The initial engagement is a 3 month contract with strong potential to renew or turn into full-time employment if the candidate is interested. The ideal candidate will have previous agency/studio experience.
You will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing overall online brand identity, interfaces for digital touch points, and underlying creative assets for our clients on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment; as part of the design team focused on developing best-in-class software and online experiences.
Reporting to the project manager, the successful candidate will possess a well-rounded suite of design and production skills that will enable him/her to execute visually enhancing designs for website user interfaces.
- Collaborate with the team to produce outstanding visual design solutions for web and mobile experiences that support both the user and business goals of our products and services
- Develop highly-refined visual design assets such as logos, ad banners, landing pages, email campaigns, mock-ups and wireframes to drive sales of products and services
- Create and maintain visual assets including iconography, color palettes, font styles, and other graphical elements
- Create visuals for presentations and whitepapers that showcase capabilities
- Constantly assess, evaluate, and integrate best practices and industry innovations in web design
- Identify visual user interface requirements and define design approach
- Ensure designs follow visual standards as well as enhance user experience
- Maintain visual standards and style guide documentation across web and mobile experiences
- Design and adaptation of image assets and content for websites
- Collaboration with other departments on various design-related activities as required
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies
- Hand holding design clients providing telephone support and help.
- Juggling several projects at a time with the intent to meet and beat deadlines
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 3- 5 years of hands-on design experience with a keen eye for detail, consistency, typography, and color
- Proficiency in XHTML/CSS 3 for slicing and visual layouts. PHP an asset.
- Advanced experience with visual design applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash
- Experience with ecommerce, online advertising, web analytics, social media, video, mobile marketing, SEO, A/B testing and customer research a plus
- Ability and willingness to take direction
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and meet deadlines
- A post secondary degree and/or multimedia design or the equivalent degree/experience
- Nice to have experience working in or with technology companies
If you feel that your skills and capabilities match up to the position as described above and you want to take your career to the next level with a fast growing technology company, please send your URL/portfolio including website design materials and resume with a detailed cover letter in either Word or PDF format. We appreciate all applications, however only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Inside Golf Inc
- 30+ days ago