Hospitals In-Common Laboratory Inc. (HICL) is presently recruiting for the role of Systems Administrator to join our Information and Communication Technology (ICT) team. The ICT portfolio includes an LIS and accounting system, telephony, office software and hardware, company networks and servers, remote back-up and third party systems for Client Relationship Management, business analytics, interface engine and messaging.
If you have experience in the areas of network management, security, and logistical infrastructure elements; are self-directed and well-organized, take initiative and embrace change, seek out opportunities to make systems work, can prioritize to meet tight deadlines while being truly creative, Please Join our Team!
The Systems Administrator assumes responsibility and accountability for all aspects of HICL system infrastructure, both existing and new, network management, all hardware and software, messaging and security. The Systems Administrator analyzes current systems, designs, implements and monitors the ICT business continuity plan. The Systems Administrator supports ICT goals and objectives and works in partnership with vendors to create value-added opportunities. Each employee is an active contributor to making our vision a reality for our clients!
– Plan/procure, deploy, configure, optimize, maintain, administer and/or monitor network equipment
– Translate user and/or systems requirements into technical specifications.
– Manage all licences and user accounts
– Maintain and administer the servers and server room.
– Establish and maintain backup, version-control and viral defence systems
– Develop, maintain and support technical infrastructure.
– Recommend, implement and maintain hardware and/or office software to support business goals
– Implement, administer and maintain email and groupware systems, including associated servers, operating systems, back-up and recovery programs.
– Document standard procedures for messaging system administration.
– Review, implement, update and document company-wide information security policies and procedures.
– Perform and manage security audits (data, network), vulnerability and threat assessments.
– Analyze critical business functions/existing systems and recommend fault-tolerant solutions to ensure business continuity and duplication of all critical data.
– Design, plan and implement an enterprise-wide ICT continuity plan, as part of business continuity plan.
Educational requirements: Degree in Computer Science or relevant area and Project Management methodologies
Experience/Knowledge: Experience: 5+ years in Information Technology and Information Management; 10+ years’ technical experience in networking technologies; Virtualization technology (Windows HyperV and/or VMWare); Software Languages (Java, C#); Relational Database Systems and Languages (Microsoft SQL). Project and Risk Management.
Knowledge: Systems architect (VoIP, CTI, Integrated messaging, Windows OS); Network operating systems (Cisco, Novell and/or Microsoft Windows Server); Security and Data Protection; Standard industry processes.
Skills/Competencies: Very good written and spoken English; Advanced computer skills, including technical writing; Proven ability to problem solve and troubleshoot using analytical skills; Strong understanding of security practices; Strong consensus building skills with functional and external interactions.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing their interest. Please note that only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
HICL is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply in confidence by December 3, 2012.