Hospitality

Hospitality Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: free pizza on fridays
Cons: repetitive work
love the culture. repetitive work, i only do data entry. not too difficult
Fine Dining
Badali's Ristorante - Server (Current Employee), Aurora,OntarioJanuary 8, 2014
Serving guests to ensure their satisfaction. Dealing with guest complaints and correcting the problem.
Fun workplace that is well equipped for all your baking needs.
Assistant (Former Employee), Blessed Pope John Paul IIAugust 1, 2013
Pros: you get to eat what you make!
Cons: cleaning stations, and washing dishes.
I had fun helping out here and got to learn a lot of new things.
Productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 16, 2013
Pros: 30 minutes break with pay
Always busy
I learned to work in a fast-paced environment
I work well with my boss, we had a lot of respect between us
I work well with my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was standing most of the time
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the need of the customers.
Pastrie shop
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJune 29, 2013
Pros: free pastries at the end of the day, free coffee.
I started off as just a sales clerk, who would package the pastry that was ordered and deliver the pastry to the cashier point. After two weeks I then was put in the cake section where we would be in charge of placing orders for birthdays and venues with custom designs and decorations. After about a month of that I was then also put in charge of the – more... chocolate section, where it was important to know all the flavors and allergies that may be associated with each kind of chocolate. At all times I would have to be in charge of all the above sections, just with the additional sections to look after if needed. Three months into the job I was then put in charge of the coffee department where I was instructed on how to use a barrister style coffee machine and had to take orders and serve the coffee without causing too much delay.
And finally I was then put in charge of the check out counter. – less
Productive and fun experience
Preperation/Dish Washer (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: last minute calls
Fast Paist Work.
I Learned many interesting experience with food and restaurant skills.
Dishes, Food, Floors, Tables & Washrooms.
Co-workers were very pleasant and nice.
Closing time.
Sitting down with the boss and having a civil talk.
Productive and great place to work in and great coworkers to work with
SERVER, Kitchener (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: little bit far from home
Jan 1st 2012
I have learned how to deal with huge amount of customers and keep my working pace normally at the same time.
They are cooperative and helping me to keep my speed not to be slower.
Be concertrate about what I am doing and keep it and the speed as well.
It is a challenge to me but I do learned a lot after this.
Productive and great place to work in and great coworkers to work with
SERVER, Kitchener (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: little bit far from home
Jan 1st 2012
They are cooperative and helping me to keep my speed not to be slower.
Be concertrate about what I am doing and keep it and the speed as well.
It is a challenge to me but I do learned a lot after this.
Nice and cool
Restaurant Manager and Specialized Chef. (Current Employee), Chail, HPJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: free food and accomodation with water and electricity.
Cons: market is too far.
It's a matter of Proud to be Independent In charge of a Heritage Hotel/V.V.I.P.Guest House and Command the team of people.
It's good to maintain Good relation with Guests and Visitors.
great enviroment &friendly faces
porter (Former Employee), at looby(door man)October 11, 2012
Pros: we get tips (extra cash besides the pay)
Cons: you get stand for a long time
the person behind the uniform needs to understand that he's /she's the brand,so the physical &mental expression really mean a lot to a client.the management is there for guidens ,so we need to be one as team ,like be one spirit.
Great job but not a career
Manager / Bartender (Former Employee), Va and FlNovember 10, 2014
Pros: pay was great
Cons: hours were not good
Open and close bar. Serve patrons food, and drinks at the bar. Serve wait staff at the service bar. Bartend events such as company parties, and birthday parties.

Managed bar and employees. Handled and balanced cash and credit cards.

I loved working with the public.

This job was hard to balance once I started night school.
Terrific! Experience
Founding Partner (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
Terrific! Experience
An enjoyable experience.
Truly grand experience.
Productive and funny workplace
WAITRESS/ BARTENDER (Former Employee), VENICENovember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
That exeperience was great below a summer season and the place is on the beach.

I had fun and I learnt how to made up the best Mojito ever.
Sales and Marketing Consultant
MARKETING/SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 23, 2014
Pros: work from home, self-employed, learned to juggle
Cons: inconsistent
Having been laid during the worst economic recession since the depression, I did not have many options for a new position. Working for myself seemed to be the only avenue. Due to the extensive network from my years of experience, I had, what seemed to be, and endless list of prospects I could contact to perform a variety of tasks. My days looked different – more... than they had when I was employed full-time.
I loved the freedom it afforded me. I made a list of everything I was capable of doing and aligned myself with a promotional product company. I set up a website and sent my information to all of my contacts. Initially, it worked out well. Over time I would have a good month followed by a not-so-good month and found myself struggling. The inconsistent flow of income was stressful and I decided that I would prefer to have the stability of working for a company that would guarantee a paycheck and benefits.
The advantage of being self-employed was learning to be an entrepreneur. Having to manage accounts receivable and payable, constant networking, dependent on myself to complete a project in a timely manner, be responsible for any mistakes and communicate through every step of the operation.
When the market began to turn around, I was fortunate to have been hired by a company that made a product that I had been consuming for years! – less
Fast-pace busy environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2014
Pros: lunch, overtime, holiday pay, vacation time
Cons: insurance premiums
My job is not complicated at all, placing/taking orders via email/phone. Being able to verbally interact with the customers is my favorite part!! There are a few difficult customers, but, I try to understand the situation from their point of view and I work hard to get the matter resolved. At the end of the day I am relieved to know that I have satisfied – more... my customer, no matter how challenging the task may have been. My supervisor and my co workers are the BEST! I enjoy meeting with my team on a day to day basis to discuss our ideas on how to handle the day to day tasks we encounter. The hardest part of the job is leaving believe it or not, once I get started on a task/project it is very hard to stop, especially with my balanced workload. Before starting my day I set schedules/goals for my task to be completed, this helps keep me from being overwhelmed! – less
EXCITING
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 9, 2014
WORK HARD AND MULTI TASK, GREAT ATMOSPHERE GREAT GUEST GREAT EMPLOYERS
A good job if you like to work with people.
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: independent
Cons: no benefits
A good steady job. The pay is minimum wages and you work by yourself. Due to the economy all benefits, like vacation and medical have been stopped. The job is satisfying because you get to help people. .
The Life
General Manager (Current Employee), Lewisville TxSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: seeing guest happy
Cons: health care
Life as a hotel management never stops. A hotel is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and as a hotel manager, you are always on-call. You may leave the job at 5pm, but your beeper stays with you, and you must be ready to spring to action even at 2am in the morning. Also recruits and interviews potential staff. As a manager i have learned to spread – more... my time out. My coworkers are very hard working. We are all work before play. The hardest part of my job is dealing with a unsatisfied guest. To hear them complain about their stay saddens me and my team. The most enjoyable part is for a guest to give my staff a job well do. Building relationships is a big plus as well – less
design company great
Customer service (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 30, 2014
typical day work answering phone skills office management,,my co-workers and my bosses were amazing they were very informative.
Always something new and meeting new people
GM & Various Positions (Former Employee), dallas/fort worth & houstonSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: salary, management
Cons: long times of work, no time for family, politics
My time was stretched within this field, i started as just a barback and decided to learn and take notice of methods and procedures of management, this choice of career isn't for the faint of heart, long nites and not much time for family times with one another. The salary is a good compensation, ability to have freedom of decision and do good things – more... in the community. – less

1 2 3 4 5