Hospitality

Hospitality Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: free pizza on fridays
Cons: repetitive work
love the culture. repetitive work, i only do data entry. not too difficult
Fine Dining
Badali's Ristorante - Server (Current Employee), Aurora,OntarioJanuary 8, 2014
Serving guests to ensure their satisfaction. Dealing with guest complaints and correcting the problem.
Fun workplace that is well equipped for all your baking needs.
Assistant (Former Employee), Blessed Pope John Paul IIAugust 1, 2013
Pros: you get to eat what you make!
Cons: cleaning stations, and washing dishes.
I had fun helping out here and got to learn a lot of new things.
Productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJuly 16, 2013
Pros: 30 minutes break with pay
Always busy
I learned to work in a fast-paced environment
I work well with my boss, we had a lot of respect between us
I work well with my co-workers
The hardest part of the job was standing most of the time
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the need of the customers.
Pastrie shop
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCJune 29, 2013
Pros: free pastries at the end of the day, free coffee.
I started off as just a sales clerk, who would package the pastry that was ordered and deliver the pastry to the cashier point. After two weeks I then was put in the cake section where we would be in charge of placing orders for birthdays and venues with custom designs and decorations. After about a month of that I was then also put in charge of the – more... chocolate section, where it was important to know all the flavors and allergies that may be associated with each kind of chocolate. At all times I would have to be in charge of all the above sections, just with the additional sections to look after if needed. Three months into the job I was then put in charge of the coffee department where I was instructed on how to use a barrister style coffee machine and had to take orders and serve the coffee without causing too much delay.
And finally I was then put in charge of the check out counter. – less
Productive and fun experience
Preperation/Dish Washer (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: last minute calls
Fast Paist Work.
I Learned many interesting experience with food and restaurant skills.
Dishes, Food, Floors, Tables & Washrooms.
Co-workers were very pleasant and nice.
Closing time.
Sitting down with the boss and having a civil talk.
Productive and great place to work in and great coworkers to work with
SERVER, Kitchener (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: little bit far from home
Jan 1st 2012
I have learned how to deal with huge amount of customers and keep my working pace normally at the same time.
They are cooperative and helping me to keep my speed not to be slower.
Be concertrate about what I am doing and keep it and the speed as well.
It is a challenge to me but I do learned a lot after this.
Productive and great place to work in and great coworkers to work with
SERVER, Kitchener (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: little bit far from home
Jan 1st 2012
They are cooperative and helping me to keep my speed not to be slower.
Be concertrate about what I am doing and keep it and the speed as well.
It is a challenge to me but I do learned a lot after this.
great enviroment &friendly faces
porter (Former Employee), at looby(door man)October 11, 2012
Pros: we get tips (extra cash besides the pay)
Cons: you get stand for a long time
the person behind the uniform needs to understand that he's /she's the brand,so the physical &mental expression really mean a lot to a client.the management is there for guidens ,so we need to be one as team ,like be one spirit.
ok
Entrepreneur (Former Employee), Alwar, RJAugust 16, 2014
ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok – more... good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok ok good ok good ok good ok good ok – less
hospitality industry is the most interesting and a place where anyone can learn from each other .
receptionist (Current Employee), duabiAugust 14, 2014
The most interesting part of the hotel industry is every day every workers pass the day with excitement of each moment as there is a different way of understanding from the customers which help the workers get new ideas of how to manage the customers way of thinking through working corporately with the co-workers and with the managers.
The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is satisfying the customers and working happily with the co-workers. – less
Productive and fast-paced
Banqueting Assistant (Former Employee), LeedsAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free meals if worked a 6 hour shift
Cons: long hours
A typical day was preparing the days conferences and events by setting out tables, laying tables, decorating tables, polishing cutlery, making tea and coffee.
I learned how to keep a cool head in a fast paced environment and to always help other people out where necessary.
The hardest part of the job were the long hours on your feet without a sit down.
The – more... most enjoyable part would be a successful event. – less
good place to work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), angmeringAugust 8, 2014
lovely place to work friendly people worked well as a team the most enjoyable part of my job was talking to the customers
Good way to just learn what hospitality is all about
Lead Hospo (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 6, 2014
It really prepared me for how to talk to people and get a lesson on how to get vibes off people as soon as they walk through the door.
working at the hurlbut
DIETARY AIDE HURLBUT NURSING HOME (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 31, 2014
Pros: learning how to properly take care of the elderly
Cons: need better co-workers
my typical day at work would be me starting off in main dinning room helping pass out food to the residents. then my day continues with making beds passing out water checking call lights and running different duties when asked. management is okay can be much better, co- workers only a handful is delightful to be around most of the co-workers acted immature – more... and very childish. there are no hard part. going on brake and talking to other people from different apartments. – less
Interesting job with a lot of brief encounters.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Port Angeles, WAJuly 23, 2014
* Fast pace work environment
* Multi-tasking
* Interpersonal skills
excellent work environment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), WilliamsburgJuly 18, 2014
Pros: bounses
Cons: no benefits
I was a night auditor. I was considered to the manager on duty at night. I enjoyed the free to work at my own pace. I especially loved greeting the customers and balancing out the day's activities. My co-workers were awesome. They made the workplace even more enjoyable.
Fun and worth working
Guest Service Associate in Front Office Department (Current Employee), Kochi, KLJuly 11, 2014
Pros: free accomodation and food
Cons: extra shift without benefit
Learned from scratch and getting more innovatives and ideas from seniors to deal with guests would be my plus point working in hospitality.
a great place with a staff who truly cares about their residents
LPN (Current Employee), Xenia, OHJuly 6, 2014
I am gratefull as well as thankful that I have been employeed with hospitality..Of course there are a few things that I really don't like, think is right or care for, but being an adult I have learned that no place is perfect,because a perfect world is non existent. But the nurses I have worked with are so patient, and willing to help. I have learned – more... so much and continue to learn each night I work, it has opened my eyes to what the life of a nurse or a resident in the nursing home field is like. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job is the residents. I seem to fall in love with each of them for some small reason or another, I look at each of them as my family and see to it that they get 110% of the best care that I can provide for them. The worst part of my job is the drive. Working 12-13 hours then driving 42-48 minutes home is very difficult for me..If only it was around the corner. – less
fourtune 500 company (Darden Resturants)
General Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 4, 2014
Pros: benefits 401k stock options
Cons: bad city to work in
Good company, tough market in Memphis for success. Enjoyable work environment. Great team support.

1 2 3 4 5