Hospitality Designs provides hospitality furnishing solutions to the lodging / hotel industry. Our design team specializes in hospitality projects, ranging from limited to full service motels and hotels, from franchise-branded properties to independent boutiques hotels. A significant portion of the design role focuses on the specification of FF&E for hotel interiors. Our design team also supports Hospitality Designs furniture manufacturing division, providing case goods furniture design concepts and solutions.
We are a high energy, deadline-driven office, furnishing an average of 10 hotels each month. Projects are typically located throughout Canada and the USA. Our team is expanding, and we have an opening for an intermediate to senior level interior designer.
- Client relationship development.
- Concept development, including involvement in presentations.
- Design coordination and communication.
- CAD drafting from design specification phase on-word (ex. Furniture Plans / Elevations, Millwork Plans / Elevations, Floor Finish Plans, Wall Finish Plans, Reflected Ceiling Plans, etc.)
- Developing designs from preliminary to specification phase and on-ward.
- Fixture, finish, and material selection.
- Formatting and issuing plot files and PDF drawings.
- Preparing submittal documents.
- Coordination with clients, trades, consultants, and franchise groups.
Skill and Education Requirements:
- Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, in Interior Design, Architecture, or Fine Arts; equivalent in professional experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years experience in interior design / hospitality design.
- High level proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be determined and self-motivated, with exceptional creative design skills and attention to detail. We expect every member of our design team to be a well-rounded with an ability to contribute to different categories of projects, and a willingness to undertake any task in the design brief in order to successfully complete a project. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Please reply with your cover letter and resume, to the attention of Design Manager. No phone calls please – only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.