Hospital for Sick Children Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Good perks
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
Good pay but horrible benefits. Salary increase only 1.4%. No work life balance. Good perks with different companies.
Great Benefits
Clinical Research Project Assistant/CEP (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2016
The benefits packages is very good at Sick Kids. Sometimes there is a little too much caution tape to get things done, but this is expected in hospital setting
Supportive and Fun Volunteer Environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 7, 2016
- Further developed interpersonal skills, including interacting with extremely ill or terminal patients
- Worked with a diverse group of people
- Fun and rewarding interactions
Working as a Patient Service Aide is both challenging and rewarding at the same time.
Patient Service Aide (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
As a Patient Service Aide working in the Intensive Critical Care Unit it is my job to ensure that the rooms are cleaned and make bedside ready for admission.

Whenever their is a trauma and a room is needed for immediate admission then my co-workers and I all unite and get the job done.,

The hardest part of the job is when there are several codes and or trauma on one given day. Nurses and cleaning staff have to work closely and as the patient is discharged we must clean quickly to accommodate the admission.

Management recognizes our efforts and celebrates us. We are also included in some of their meetings and asked for our input, our suggestions are sometimes acted upon.

It is very rewarding and fulfilling to hear the words "thank you" from the parents of a patient after cleaning their rooms.
Clinical Research
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2015
I enjoyed working at the Hospital for Sick Children. It's a great place to work. I liked the collaborative research working environment that sickkids has.
Excellent place to work.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Great team spirit among the project team members
Cons: not any in my opinion
Enjoyed working at SickKids as it is a great place to work. Managed a $1.75M project elated to HR Transformation Phase 3 and completed successfully on time and with in budget with the project team's support and dedication.
fast paced and very rewarding
WARD CLERK - HAEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: a great place to learn and grow as a professional and person
Cons: shift changes for less senior staff
Hardest part of the job was the shift. Coworkers were wonderful, friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. Everyone worked together and always had the patient's best interest at heart.
A great place for independent learning and advancement
Lab Tech (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Independent working with no pressured timeline
Cons: Long hours
In the short time I worked there, the workers and management were helpfull, friendly and courteous.
It is a great environment for continued learning and support and job advancement.
Could be a nice place to work at, depending on who your boss is.
Lab. Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: One may save on phone bills and transportion etc.
Cons: Lack of job security.
The quality of job depends solely on the boss one has. It could be best and ideal or the worst. Likewise depending on the boss the management could be good or bad. The coworkers also treat you as the boss likes them to. My experience with the boss in particular was bitter. No cooperation, no appreciation of hard work, no respect rather he would be ready to humiliate me in front of anybody and everybody. Therefore, despite my interest in the research, it was not enjoyable to work there.
great atmosphere!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 25, 2015
It's a great place to work - some admin need to retire at this point and allow room for the newer and younger admin to bring their own flare to the departments
Fulfilling and rewarding experience working with children and families
Medical Interpreter (English/Italian/Spanish) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: constant learning experiences, very fulfilling and gratifying
Cons: subject matter can be emotionally distressing or challenging at times
As a medical interpreter, my role is to provide language assistance to limited English proficient patients and their families when speaking with their healthcare providers to ensure safe and accurate communication of specifically related to the patient's care and treatment plan.
Very challenging company to work for
Payroll System Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2014
Make sure all employees are paid accurately and on time.
Very challenging day to day activities. Answering employee's inquiry, problem solvings, finding slolutions, investigations, etc. made my work day very interesting and challenging.
Wounderful,place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 22, 2014
Fun filled busy work environment. Busy past base environment, enjoy working with network of doctors.
Great hospital
Graduate Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2014
Cares about their employees, and is constantly working to improve quality for their employees.
Help in research
VOLUNTEER AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 3, 2014
I volunteer in Sick Kids. I help in the research for Multiple Sclerosis.
Rewarding
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2014
A challenging and rewarding position with many areas to broaden skills in research. Opportunity to meet professionals in different departments. Great research team!
After 25 years I feel like i need a job change.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2014
Working at SickKids over the past 25 years has been a wonderful experience. I am currently still here.
Not easy to advance to full time permanent.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), 555 University AveAugust 8, 2014
They need to have more permanent positions available. Too many temp contract positions.
Productive and fun place to work.
Research Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 20, 2014
I was research technician so I do not have to much information about the hospital but staff was friendly when I needed help (orientation or occupational heath). I wished they stayed at Mars building though.
Excellent place to work
Laboratory Administrator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2014
You feels like you make a difference. Flexible hours and fun co-workers make the time go by fast.