Hospital for Sick Children Employee Reviews

HR Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
A really professional atmosphere, with dedicated staff. An excellent place to learn and grow in your career. There appears to be a very healthy work/life balance.
Busy in the Best Kind of Way
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
While it may seem daunting at first, running from area to area and building to building related to Sick Kids it soon became a fluid part of the job and it was all about ensuring that the hard working staff had the best possible uptime for their systems so that they could do their jobs to the best of their abilities.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Confusing Layout
Astounding Workplace
Education Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  The Hospital for Sick Children4 August 2016
The Hospital for Sick Children is by far one the best employee's I have worked for. Compassionate, professional, motivating and great leaders.
Fun workplace but very slow work environment
Junior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  180 Dundas Street West24 July 2016
A typical day at SickKids is very systematic. The IT team works at a slow pace and there is very little interest in the employees to improve the company. I was working at the company for 8 months during my coop workterm. As a coop student, I was able to contribute to the company more than what they can contribute to me,
A great place to work.
Reseach Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
Obviously, it does take something to work in a leading children's hospital in Canada.
The research departments have great facilities and your exposure to science is amazing.
Every day is a learning experience and makes you happy that you are trying to make a difference.
Pros
chance to do great work
Cons
pay is so low, it takes away the attraction after some time
Good perks
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
Good pay but horrible benefits. Salary increase only 1.4%. No work life balance. Good perks with different companies.
Great Benefits
Clinical Research Project Assistant/CEP (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
The benefits packages is very good at Sick Kids. Sometimes there is a little too much caution tape to get things done, but this is expected in hospital setting
Supportive and Fun Volunteer Environment
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2016
- Further developed interpersonal skills, including interacting with extremely ill or terminal patients
- Worked with a diverse group of people
- Fun and rewarding interactions
Working as a Patient Service Aide is both challenging and rewarding at the same time.
Patient Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2016
As a Patient Service Aide working in the Intensive Critical Care Unit it is my job to ensure that the rooms are cleaned and make bedside ready for admission.

Whenever their is a trauma and a room is needed for immediate admission then my co-workers and I all unite and get the job done.,

The hardest part of the job is when there are several codes and or trauma on one given day. Nurses and cleaning staff have to work closely and as the patient is discharged we must clean quickly to accommodate the admission.

Management recognizes our efforts and celebrates us. We are also included in some of their meetings and asked for our input, our suggestions are sometimes acted upon.

It is very rewarding and fulfilling to hear the words "thank you" from the parents of a patient after cleaning their rooms.
Clinical Research
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2015
I enjoyed working at the Hospital for Sick Children. It's a great place to work. I liked the collaborative research working environment that sickkids has.
Excellent place to work.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2015
Enjoyed working at SickKids as it is a great place to work. Managed a $1.75M project elated to HR Transformation Phase 3 and completed successfully on time and with in budget with the project team's support and dedication.
Pros
Great team spirit among the project team members
Cons
not any in my opinion
fast paced and very rewarding
WARD CLERK - HAEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2015
Hardest part of the job was the shift. Coworkers were wonderful, friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. Everyone worked together and always had the patient's best interest at heart.
Pros
a great place to learn and grow as a professional and person
Cons
shift changes for less senior staff
A great place for independent learning and advancement
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2015
In the short time I worked there, the workers and management were helpfull, friendly and courteous.
It is a great environment for continued learning and support and job advancement.
Pros
Independent working with no pressured timeline
Cons
Could be a nice place to work at, depending on who your boss is.
Lab. Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2015
The quality of job depends solely on the boss one has. It could be best and ideal or the worst. Likewise depending on the boss the management could be good or bad. The coworkers also treat you as the boss likes them to. My experience with the boss in particular was bitter. No cooperation, no appreciation of hard work, no respect rather he would be ready to humiliate me in front of anybody and everybody. Therefore, despite my interest in the research, it was not enjoyable to work there.
Pros
One may save on phone bills and transportion etc.
Cons
Lack of job security.
great atmosphere!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario25 March 2015
It's a great place to work - some admin need to retire at this point and allow room for the newer and younger admin to bring their own flare to the departments
Fulfilling and rewarding experience working with children and families
Medical Interpreter (English/Italian/Spanish) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2015
As a medical interpreter, my role is to provide language assistance to limited English proficient patients and their families when speaking with their healthcare providers to ensure safe and accurate communication of specifically related to the patient's care and treatment plan.
Pros
Constant learning experiences, very fulfilling and gratifying
Cons
Subject matter can be emotionally distressing or challenging at times
Very challenging company to work for
Payroll System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2014
Make sure all employees are paid accurately and on time.
Very challenging day to day activities. Answering employee's inquiry, problem solvings, finding slolutions, investigations, etc. made my work day very interesting and challenging.
Wounderful,place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2014
Fun filled busy work environment. Busy past base environment, enjoy working with network of doctors.
Great hospital
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2014
Cares about their employees, and is constantly working to improve quality for their employees.
Help in research
VOLUNTEER AND EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2014
I volunteer in Sick Kids. I help in the research for Multiple Sclerosis.

4.4