Our Team is Expanding!
The number of grieving children, teens and families we serve has increased by nearly 30% over the last two years. In order to keep our promise of quality and timely support to the community, we are adding a new position to our team!
- 1.0 FTE Child & Family Counsellor
- 12 month contract position with plan to become permanent in 2015
Maternity Leave Contract:
- 0.8 FTE Child & Family Counsellor
- 12 month contract position
Hospice Calgary guides children, teens and adults through the grieving process as they face a life threatening illness and death of a loved one. Our team of professionals provide individual, family and group support as well as 24 hour end-of-life care. We operate two centres of care: Sage Centre for counselling and education services and Rosedale Hospice for residential end-of-life care.
- Responsible for assessment, short-term and ongoing counselling
of grieving families.
- Primary caseload consists of families with children ages 18 and younger
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide individual and family counselling
- Facilitate peer mentorship programs and bereavement groups
- Liaise with other community agencies or groups
- Facilitate grief related workshops
- Maintain client files and required statistics
- Open to ongoing learning, peer supervision and consultation
- Strives for excellence and high quality service
- Values compassion and empathy
- BSW, MSW, MA Couns. (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Current professional registration
- Previous grief counselling experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in working with children/teens
- A deep belief in and commitment to the hospice philosophy
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
Applications will be accepted until suitable candidates are found. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Submit resume and cover letter to Nadine Gariepy-Fisk, Director of Programs & Services